1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Penn & Teller advice

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by ref59405, Mar 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ref59405

ref59405 Creepy Vegas Friend

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I will be in Las Vegas April 17-21 2017. We were thinking of seeing Penn & Teller on either Tuesday the 18th or Wednesday the 19th.

We saw them back in 2009. If anyone saw the show back then and then saw it recently has it changed much? I would hope that after 8 years it would be at least half new stuff.

My other question has to do with seats. I would like to sit pretty close to the stage. When we went back on 2009 I bought VIP tickets which got us in the first 5 rows. However, I noticed that they were seating everyone on the main floor regardless of which tickets they bought.

There are some online offers for mezzanine seats starting at $49. I like that much better than the $100 seats closer to the stage. If you have been to a weekday show recently, would you suggest I pay full price for the seats I want or roll the dice and buy the mezzanine seats and hope to get moved to a better location?

I also would be willing to try tipping in order to get a better seat.

Thanks for your help

2. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The show has definitely changed and is worth seeing again. I saw the show last year and before that, it had been about 8 years since I had seen it. There were only two tricks in the show last year that I had also seen from years before

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
  3. ref59405

ref59405 Creepy Vegas Friend

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's great to hear, thank you

4. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    theres no way too no if the show u pick will be full or u will be able to move up. ps i think row 5 or closer is to close. but were ever u want to sit u might as when pick and pay for if your picky .my choice is around row 8-10 center.. i never care where i sit as long as its free

5. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    With magic I like to be up close. It's a pretty big theater, I wouldn't count on being moved up, sure it could happen. Anywhere in the first 10-15 rows should be fine, but not way off to the side. Fun, affordable show.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. lp670lambo

lp670lambo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Penn and Teller put me to sleep. They talk too much.

• Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. jamesxnj

jamesxnj VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They?

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. lp670lambo

lp670lambo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just because one is mute, that makes the amount of talking in the show even worse.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If Penn also didn't talk, would you like the show more?

10. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The meet & greet after the show makes for good times and photo opps!

Penn's voice sounds exactly like that of my late grandfather's (when he was alive), so I really enjoy listening to him.

The "letting the audience in" on some of the illusions/tricks is fun to experience, too!

RICHARD

11. BlueBellThunder

BlueBellThunder VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We meet with Penn & Teller after the show and got some pictures. My wife has a crush on Penn. I don't get it but to each his own. Teller does speak at the meet & greets.

12. lp670lambo

lp670lambo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Actually if Penn didn't talk the show would be amazing because they'd do more magic tricks instead of gum bumping.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  13. BarelyHangingOn

BarelyHangingOn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The show we went to was packed and during the week.

We sat in the first couple of rows of the mezzanine. They weren't awful. We had a pretty good view down to the stage and if I recall there are video screens. We grabbed them off of Travel Zoo and didn't really care if we sat close or not.

We did sit in the 10th row at Terry Fator on our last trip and it was nice being close so I get wanting to be closer to the stage. If we went back we would probably go lower bowl.

I agree with lp67 that they talk to much about their political agenda. I care nothing about politics on a good day let alone when in Vegas paying $50 a ticket and a crazy amount for a small glass of booze in a plastic cup. Your airport security issues are yours and not mine. Entertain me.

I did love the show and recommend it and I will go see them again. The 357 shot to the face was awesome.

14. hotreds

hotreds Illegitimi non carborundum!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    First time we saw them we were actually in the first row. Still have some of their playing cards to show for it. Second time was the Diamond freebee where we sat in the balcony waaay in back. The big screens helped, but one didn't get into the show as much, frankly. They did have a few different tricks in the span of the two years we saw them.

15. landsburger

landsburger High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Funny, I was just considering getting tickets for their show and reading reviews.

Never seen such a discrepancy between good and bad reviews. I made the judgement that the great reviews were fans already and the bad reviews had never heard of them (or at least never seen them).

16. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My take is that the magic tricks are solid, most people would agree with that.
    Penn is a person with strong opinion and he never hide it.
    Many people don't like/agree with his opinion and hence consider the show is very bad.
    Other people don't mind, or actually agree with him, so they consider the show is very good.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with 100% of what Teller says on-stage! :D

RICHARD

• Funny Funny x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.