1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Four Queens

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by thatguy1976, Mar 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thatguy1976

thatguy1976 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello,
    Has anyone stayed at Four Queens lately? Any thoughts or tips? Any experience with the (paid) Wi-Fi? Thanks in advance!

2. tom.mckenzie

tom.mckenzie Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stayed there Super Bowl weekend. Same as always. Clean, basic hotel rooms, which is all I need from a hotel. I have used the paid wi-fi many times over the years and have never had a problem with it. But then, I was just using it to log in to my VPN at work and listen to my Sirius app. I wasn't using it to stream video.

As long as they keep the 9/6 jacks and the easy comps, I will continue to be a loyal customer.

3. BobLasVegas

BobLasVegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you stay in a room that is on the Fremont side, you may encounter some noise at night.
    I had to have them move me to the back side. But then, I am old.

4. Jidery

Jidery Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You should be able to get the free city wifi from the room.

5. zignerlv

zignerlv VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've stayed in the South tower numerous times and was never able to connect to free city wifi.

6. thatguy1976

thatguy1976 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has anyone ordered a mini fridge for their room? If so, how much? For medication purposes of course...

7. pultzar

pultzar Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, for medication purposes, and it will always be $0 for that reason.

8. hawki39

hawki39 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been there twice and both times I got a fridge, the cost was comped at the end of my stay.

9. FullBoat

FullBoat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think it's $10/day if they don't comp it off. At least that's if I remember what someone else said before correctly. Should be easy enough to get it comped off I would think.

10. Daani

Daani Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We just got back last week. My thoughts do not (!!!!) get a North tower room. Those rooms are horrible! Never having been in the North tower before we just booked it cause it was cheap deal. We had booked for six nights. After the first night we asked for an upgrade. The remote control did not work, the toilet (yikes) and the street noise was horrible. The lady at the reception was very nice and we moved to the other tower and got the upgrade free for one night and some of the upgrade price comped at check out. After moving in the new room we had a great time during our stay. People are very nice there.

11. xothan

xothan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Really! If it's for medical purposes it's free? That's great to know, in the past I've always just ponied up for the fridge to store medicine.

Do I just tell them at checkin that the fridge is for medical purposes and they'll just take care of it? Do I need to show the bottle that says "Keep Refrigerated"? (If I need to show the bottle at checkin then I'll need to pack it in such a way that it's easily accessible at checkin.)

Does every hotel offer the medical purpose courtesy fridge or just the 4Queens?

12. jsunsports

jsunsports Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Were the rooms in the South Tower nice and did they have a refrigerator? We are staying there for the first time in April for 6 nights. We did book a room in the South tower.

13. Daani

Daani Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Rooms were nice and there was a fridge. Nice shower and the sink was new but kind of funny looking design.
    Have fun!

14. Foos

Foos High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I stay at the 4 Queens (both North and South tower) and ask for a fridge for med's, the bellman always brings one to the room.

15. vegasdev

vegasdev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I enjoy my stays there, nothing fancy just basic lodging. cant speak for the wifi. I like the dining options. and it couldn't be more convenient.

16. pultzar

pultzar Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes every hotel does and nope you do not need to show them anything, just say "I need a fridge for medication" and its an automatic yes for $0

17. smerrian

smerrian View from Bally's

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No, not every hotel will give you a fridge for free...even for meds. Most will, and even those that say you have to pay will usually comp it off at the end of your stay if you simply state your disappointment upon check-out that you actually had to pay to keep your insulin/biologics fresh. But, not every hotel will let you off the hook.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. letsgotovegas

letsgotovegas VIP Whale

So true! I know this is a Four Queens thread but Orleans and Gold Coast both charge $15 per stay for a mini fridge. And it's not waived even if it truly is for medication.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

As others have mentioned, no it's not always free. I stayed at the El Cortez a number of times and ask for a fridge. If they have one available then they will bring one up but if they don't then you are out of luck. I'm also not sure if they are always available at the Fremont. It also depends on the front desk person, at some places they will give you a fridge for free (because you need it for medications) but some won't.

Guess that's why I like staying at the Boyd downtown properties like MSS and the Cal. Fridges are standard in their rooms.

Best to ask in advance that you need a fridge, hopefully you won't get turned away when you check in because you requested it prior to your stay.

20. Hogman

Hogman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have stayed at the Golden Nugget 4 or 5 times and the next to last time I was there I ended up on the Fremont Side and I realized what the ear plugs were for. The bass was steady until 2am.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.