1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Has anyone used the mobile check in when getting in late in evening?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by vwhiten, Mar 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valgal

Valgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm thinking of taking later flight in July arrives vegas at 10 pm. -- I'm on an offer to get 2 nights free and paying for 2 nights. My concern is that my bill won't be right. I've never had an issue with mlife offers - they always show on my electronic itinerary as having to pay for all nights but upon check in with the front desk they have the correct bill.

Was wondering has anyone used MGM or other mlife mobile check in and had problems with billing or getting the correct room. I see where it says we can check in up to 24 hours early. Was thinking of checking in about 10 AM that morning.

2. TommyToledo

TommyToledo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last time I stayed at Aria, I did the mobile check-in but I was way early instead of late and they assigned me a room w/ two queens instead of one king, which I had booked.

3. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have no actual experieince, but with 2 free and 2 paid - I would still go to the desk to make sure it is set up right, even if you do the advance online checkin.

4. Valgal

Valgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks. I am thinking of booking an earlier flight. If we get there in time we can use the VIP check in because I got a Stay Well room. The flight will cost a little more -- but I am using points. Was trying to get my son and fiance flights on our points too. Won't have enough points for everyone on the earlier flights. -- They will have to fend for themselves.

5. FYMYAWF

FYMYAWF VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Be advised - getting in that late you are NOT guaranteed the room you booked.

I just went through this at Paris - got in at 10p and all of the Fountain View rooms I had booked had been filled. No amount of whining got me anywhere, I was told I could move to the correct room the next day (and did) but that 1st night I had a no-view 2 queens room when I booked a king. I had booked it on the website, called ahead a week before to reserve the room AND had done early check-in same day.

I know in the small print it says "room type subject to availability" but if that's the case why allow people to reserve a room preference at all? Really got the trip off to a ragged start.

6. fugsworth

fugsworth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've always wondered, what happens when they force you to downgrade like that? They adjust your rate accordingly, right? I'd be fucking livid if I paid for a room with a premium view and had to spend even one night without one.

EDC
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Its Only Money

Its Only Money VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Subject to availability is always the out. If the room type is not available when you get there, what are they supposed to do? You can sit an argue about it or just take the room they are offering and switch in the morning. It's usually going to only happen when checking in very late. Yes, it's a bummer, but they just can't make the rooms magically appear.

8. fugsworth

fugsworth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No, I get that part, but they typically charge extra for certain room types (view room, etc.). If that is not available, do you still have to pay the higher rate, or is it adjusted down to the price of a standard room?

EDC
  9. pleasemum

pleasemum High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Late check in for me has sometimes resulted in room upgrade not downgrade. Maybe it's just luck. Last time this happened we got upgraded to a wraparound suite instead of terrace studio. Mind you the wraparound was strip view - not fountain view. We were happy with that.

10. FYMYAWF

FYMYAWF VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In my case it was a comped room so there was no financial aspect to it, which may also be why they didn't offer any sort of upgrade. I suppose I could have raised a royal stink and called a supervisor and eventually gotten upgraded, but I had just gotten into town and just wanted to go have fun and not spend my first hour in Vegas arguing over a room.

11. FYMYAWF

FYMYAWF VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    True, but my point is if that's the case why allow people to "reserve" a certain type of room when they have no obligation to honor that reservation? Why am I a 2nd class citizen because I arrived at 10p instead of right at check-in time? If I book a certain type of room just frickin' hold that room until I arrive. Also I GUARANTEE you if I was higher on the CET comps food chain they would sure as hell make sure that room was available when I got there, no matter what time it was. Again, just made me feel like a 2nd class citizen. Bad way to start a trip

Sorry, not trying to hijack thread.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. dcrawf

dcrawf Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They know how to TAKE the reservation, they just don't know how to HOLD the reservation. And that's really the most important part, the holding......

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. starlight0229

starlight0229 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was denied VIP check in when I stayed in a Stay Well room a couple of years ago. However, Stay Well rooms actually have their own separate lounge and check in area in the lobby. If I remember correctly, it is off to the right of the main check in desk.

14. Packeral

Packeral High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    These pretzels are MAKING me thirsty.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.