1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

So... Is Paris ever getting a new headlining show?

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by lithium78, Mar 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lithium78

lithium78 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Since "Jersey Boys" closed, nothing seems to be on the horizon as a new headlining show at Paris. Anyone know if anything is in the works or are they just going to leave the theater empty forever like Bally's Jubilee venue?

2. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Until you asked, I forgot they ever had one....so thinking, probably not.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. troyzilla

troyzilla Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I remember when I saw Jersey Boys last year (about July - after the closing was announced) one of the ushers I asked said "after renovations probably Wicked or a headliner". But yeah - nothing since then. 'Wicked' has since played a sold out run at the Smith Center - and has toured so long now/Broadway for 12 odd years it probably won't be a hugely consistent draw.It is a nice room though - maybe they should be doing like the old Phantom theater at the Venetian and get in older acts - or maybe move Human Nature in as it is a bigger room than they are currently playing and they are doing very well.

4. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    With the Aria showroom closing, I wouldn't be shocked if it didn't book another show. It sounded like it wasn't a great theater for performers so it may be a hard sell for a residency.

5. grosx2

grosx2 Have fun storming the castle!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You don't think they will get another headliner due to the fact that you forgot they used to have one?

6. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No, not due to the fact that I forgot; I don't wield that influence...I meant to infer that it had been so long since they had one they appear to be in no hurry to have another headliner.

7. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Key difference, though. The Aria space was immediately re-purposed for additional convention area. I assume the theater in paris is still just sitting there

I Need Spa
  8. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Still, with the trend of show closings, I think that there will be more than one hotel with little used showrooms in the near future. Corporate Vegas has run out of ideas when it comes to what to offer.

9. lithium78

lithium78 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's disappointing because Vegas used to be VEGAS: Cheap food, free shows, good odds for the gambling, stuff you couldn't get anywhere else. Now it's kind of turning into a generic vacation destination. I haven't been going as often lately for that reason.

10. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree about the showrooms. But I don't think corporate vegas has run out of ideas. They're just not marketing to folks like us these days. We are not the priority. When I first started going to vegas in 2003, the club scene was just starting to get big and that (along with international guests) was the marketing priority. During the economic bust, gamblers became a priority again. The last few years, though, convention traffic has really driven vegas. And shows aren't really a great tool in drawing convention business. I'm sure shows will become a more important marketing tool again in the future, but I have no idea when

I Need Spa
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. lithium78

lithium78 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    With the massive business that PHo has done after bringing Britney Spears on board, I don't see why Paris wouldn't try the same and get a long-term residency that would appeal to their clientele as well. Of course, I'm not in the gambling business, so maybe I'm not seeing this the same way they do.

12. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, who is the Paris clientele? I really don't know because I have not stayed there in several years. But I have always assumed its a bit of an older, more staid crowd. Not sure what headliner they could get, for that showroom, at a price that makes it profitable for them. Britney and JLo draw crowds that are consistent with the vibe of the property. Plus, base don how and where the Axis theater is built, they can't re-purpose that space for some other use. Paris doesn't have that restriction

I Need Spa
  13. lithium78

lithium78 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    PHo's clientele are largely Millennial twenty-somethings with Daddy's money to burn. Paris's clientele are largely thirty-somethings who enjoy good music and shows but don't want to go crazy partying like the PHo people. It should be fairly easy to find some 90s pop stars or musical stage productions that would appeal to them. Maybe not a singer on the caliber of Celine Dion but there are a lot of good options.

14. grosx2

grosx2 Have fun storming the castle!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't have ticket sales data or anything, but it seemed like Barry Manilow did well before Jersey Boys was there.

15. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    CET hasn't invested in Paris the way it should. I know that there are plans in place to do more but while that happens it's losing it's identity. It's like Rio and Bally's - we see and appreciate the assets they have more than CET does. A residency would make sense for Paris. They need a B-level act with international cred there. Kylie Minogue's name has come up in the past. That's the kind of act they need there.

16. BearcatBJ

BearcatBJ Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I view the crowd you describe as the Cosmo crowd. I've always thought of Pho crowd as the back end of gen x, their house music seems to be geared toward them. Paris would be 40 something's to me.

• Agree Agree x 5
  17. mike mc

mike mc High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love the Paris, I'm in the age group 56 yrs old. I would love to see them do a rotation of 70-80 bands say on a monthly basic like Santana, and Billy Idol is doing at the HOB, There's plenty of them still touring.

• Like Like x 2
  18. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, some of us Gen Xers are 40something, so..... (I tend to use 1965-1980 as my definition, though generational definitions vary drastically depending on source....)

19. shokhead

shokhead No big spender unless eating drinking having fun!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. shokhead

shokhead No big spender unless eating drinking having fun!

Trips to Las Vegas:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.