1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Carnegie at the Mirage

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Packeral, Mar 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Packeral

Packeral High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is this a good deli? How big are the sandwiches? How good is the pastrami? Prices? Years ago I went to the stage deli at MGM and was not impressed.

2. Chicken Dinner

Chicken Dinner Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Its good. They're not huge but not small either. Its inside the Mirage, so you know its not cheap.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Stage Deli isn't really a deli. Its just a snack bar with "deli" in the name

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
    • Like Like x 1
  4. TableToddyy

TableToddyy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think there about $24. almost went with My Vegas 2 for 1 sandwiches. But went 2 for 1 meat coma at the Samba again. but stopped by to check out the menu after playing the Monte Carlo Machines in Oct.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Scotch12rox

Scotch12rox Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I ate there before Love Friday. Split a $25 reuben. Plenty big enough for two but I thought the meat was dry and had little flavor. I won't go back.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. luckymanstan

luckymanstan Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Had the hot pastrami which was good and the giant frankfurter which was average. For the high price of these items, I expected more.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. mildcigar_2001

mildcigar_2001 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Also unimpressed. I went there for lunch during a break in a conference I was attending. The food was average at best, and fairly expensive for what I got.

On the other hand enjoyed the lunch we had at The Pantry (coffee shop in the Mirage).

• Like Like x 1
  8. martinr

martinr Rock Chalk Jayhawk

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Carnegie Deli has always been a "go to" for me. They did seem to slip a little when they changed their ordering process away from servers taking your order at he table. But, the food is the main thing, right? The portions are plenty adequate to more than necessary. I've had corned beef, pastrami and chopped liver sandwiches as well as the lox/bagel/cream cheese. All good. Their other breakfast items are equally good. Cheesecake is excellent! Pricey menu, but...it's The Vegas Strip. I've probably been there eight times. Hard to find decent deli food away from the East Coast. But, this is the best in Vegas. Cantor's is supposed to open in The Linq. I've never been to one of their places so, I don't know how it will compare.

First Time Staying on the South End. Will I Hear Southern Accents?
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Geogran

Geogran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have to agree with @martinr - it was much better before the reno/changes, plus they downsized the menu choices, I especially liked the stuffed cabbage rolls and pierogies and miss those.

Sandwich sizes are plentiful, the Woody Allen is huge (to share), but hit or miss on the pastrami and corned beef between being moist or dry and tough. Still a decent place to satisfy the deli craving. Potato pancakes and french fries are very good and large portions. The cheesecake is excellent and so are the pies!

10. DAS4413

DAS4413 MIA

BEST CORNEDBEEF/ PASTRAMI Sandwich you will ever eat. Most of these people think subway is great what do they know anyway. ENJOY!!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Hogman

Hogman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I preferred stage deli before it closed in the forum shoppes. But I enjoy the Carnegie deli we just don't get by the mirage very often. They have great Cheesecake.

• Like Like x 1
  12. 93 Octane

93 Octane Chief Bottle Washer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is not 1998, most of America has had a decent sandwich at some point and take subway for what it is.. get over yourself

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  13. abraxis

abraxis Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought it was only okay. Ate there a couple of years ago. Since we were underwhelmed, when we visited NYC late last year, we skipped Carnegie (even though they were closing) and went to Katz's instead. I know it's unfair to compare the Vegas Carnegie with the NYC Katz, but Katz's wins by a landslide.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, speaking in terms of Las Vegas availability, that is probably true. However, come to New York City (Land of The Delis) and you will definitely find better corned beef/pastrami! As the post above states, if you are ever in Manhattan, Katz's Delicatessen on the Lower East Side is a must!

• Like Like x 1
  15. martinr

martinr Rock Chalk Jayhawk

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Been to Carnegie Deli in Manhattan. Food was good as one would expect. The obvious "wow" factor there is the portion size on everything. I need to go to Katz's! I just feel like I would not want to leave there and eat breakfast, lunch and dinner all in one day! That place must be like a shrine for people who grew up with real deli food and the cultural flavors that I'm sure are as authentic as it gets.

First Time Staying on the South End. Will I Hear Southern Accents?
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. The Rumor

The Rumor VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I gotta be honest, I think the place at NYNY is better (Greenberg's). I thought Carnegie was not very flavorful.

For those of you who live in a town with a halfway decent Jewish deli, there's no reason to bother with Carnegie. There are plenty of better meals at that price point.

17. Hogman

Hogman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't have a lot of Jewish deli in Fort Smith, AR

18. BadKarma

BadKarma Vegas Degenerate - Still Royal Flushless

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Had the pastrami sandwich there back in December. They were running a special: Hot Pastrami Sandwich with Kettle Chips and a Coke for $20 or $21.
    The meat was good, but a little dry. Certainly not a twenty dollar sandwich's worth, but it filled me up. Was expecting a better pastrami flavor with more pepper.

Been there, done that. I won't need to go back there again.

If you decide to try it; go get the BOGO coupon on MyVegas.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.