1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Reasonable priced food choices near Cosmo?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by allrose, Mar 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. allrose

allrose Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We normally stay off strip, but this next trip, we are staying at Cosmo in a terrace studio suite(hope we made a good choice:)). I was wondering if there are some nearby (walking) places to eat that are reasonably priced.
    Thanks

2. sharper

sharper Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Earl of Sandwich across the bridge in Planet Hollywood is very good and pretty reasonable. In Cosmo itself, secret pizza and I guess it's a matter of perspective but China Poblano doesn't have crazy prices.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Depends on your definition of "reasonable". I think some of the prices at Cosmo restaurants are reasonable. But if you're looking for cheap near Cosmo, here are some nearby choices:
    The food court at Monte Carlo
    The fast food on the second floor of the mall (think its still called Showcase) next to MGM Grand
    Earl of Sandwich (at Planet Hollywood)
    Some of the mall dining options at Planet Hollywood

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
  4. rgrif57

rgrif57 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dinner and breakfast specials at Planet Daily's at Planet Hollywood are very well priced. Prime Rib for 9.95 with a salad and potato, plus a huge menu. Check out the out door mall at Bally's there is an Italian to go restaurant and a Wahlburgers.

5. ItsVegasTime

ItsVegasTime Vegas Addict

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Im not sure if its still there but there was a Pinks hot dog location right across the bridge from the Cosmo.

6. ItsVegasTime

ItsVegasTime Vegas Addict

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Planet Dailys in PH has really good food for a good price.
    The Buffet inside PH was surprisingly on of the better buffets I've had also.

7. Osceola

Osceola Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Little bit of a hike, but I usually end up eating at the shake shack down by NYNY at least once per trip.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Jaygee77

Jaygee77 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll echo the recommendations for Earl of Sandwich at Planet Hollywood, and Secret Pizza at Cosmo itself. Also, if you can secure a 2-for-1 coupon, the Wicked Spoon buffet at Cosmo can be a nice splurge meal for a reasonable cost.

9. miniwhale

miniwhale High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Also consider some happy hours. Even the nicer restaurants can have some reasonable prices.

10. in4mation808

in4mation808 VMB VIP Expert Picture Taker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I second on the recommendation for Earl of Sandwich at Planet Hollywood. Very tasty sandwiches and soups. Wife and I had this 3 times on our past trip....and we were staying at the Cosmo. Very easy to walk across the bridge-way to PH. It's right at the entrance of the Miracle Mile Shops, so it's not bad as for distance.

Also suggest Secret Pizza at Cosmo on the 3rd floor. And if you're into just regular things, there's Va Bene Cafe and Starbucks which are also within the Cosmo Hotel.

Don't forget that there's Harmon Corner, which is also across the street, and across the bridge-way as well. They have Krispy Kreme, Popeyes, Panda Express, McDonald's, the new Taco Bell Cantina.....so much choices!

11. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Original chicken tender in the MC food court...drool

The Chipotle locations on the Vegas strip (one in Miracle Mile Shops) are one of the few places I've seen where prices aren't inflated. Earl's may not be either, but I've never been to an Earl's that wasn't in a tourist area...

12. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's the main place I was thinking of when I suggested the PHo shops.

Back before Nashvegas got Chipotle, I used to love stopping by the one next to Harrahs

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
  13. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Secret Pizza, Holsteins in Cosmo (under$20 per person and GREAT burgers), The Henry is a diner in cosmo, haven't eaten there yet.

There are a few cheap/neat options in the mall part of PH. I remember one sit down restaurant that offers $5 items where you could have two for a great lunch (caesar salads, sandwiches, etc.) but can't remember the name. It's right by the indoor rain pool. We've been meaning to try that one but haven't yet! Bellagio has Todd English's Olives that offers a beef carpaccio that ABSOLUTELY feeds two, and it's under $20 bucks. Vegas is expensive, but we've already been able to find some great affordable food options, with a little exploring, which is half the fun!

• Like Like x 1
  14. dcrawf

dcrawf Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think you're talking about Ocean's One (or something like that). Probably better known as the place which gives you 3-for-1 drinks but yes the food prices are good. too

• Like Like x 1
  15. Geogran

Geogran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey there @Multifarious5 - I know you like the nachos @MC, but you may want to check out The Henry sometime late night or lunch/dinner for their Tater Tot Nachos - tater tots, braised short ribs, cheese sauce, pico de gallo, jalapeno, sour cream - my husband loves them, I really like them when the jalapeno pepper and pico are served on the side as I don't eat anything spicy or hot, lol..huge portion too. Also like breakfast at Henry - the house made fig newton that comes with the fruit salad plate (large enough for two to share) is yummy!

Agree with you - love Todd English's Olives and appetizers are easily shared. Lots of favorites there!

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's it, triple gold stars on your memory...thank goodness it's better than mine....thanks for chiming in, it was really bugging me not having a name to offer. I think it definitely looks like a solid option for people who want a cheaper meal, but who also want a nice setting!

17. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You are always spooky on your timing Geo. We were just saying today we might skip Diablo's this trip....not because we don't love it, but to expand our horizons. My other half LOVES tater tots, I think once I mention this dish at the Henry, he's going to be sold.

We've actually been wondering how we haven't tried the Henry yet. With your vote? We will ABSOLUTELY do it this trip!

Tomorrow is THE DAY for you! Have a BLAST and may you win at BOTH of your haunts :woohoo::wiggle::blowkiss:

18. Dynasty22

Dynasty22 Blackjack Connoisseur

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Definitely have to agree with Earl of Sandwich at PH

19. allrose

allrose Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for all the great ideas!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.