1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Better seats at O

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by rdober237, Feb 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rdober237

rdober237 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    anyone ever try to tip person seating you at O to get better seats? Tic prices are wild. $95 for basically last row. Since seats are assigned wondering if anyone every did this and got better seats?

2. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    lol, no. And I suspect that would be a terrible idea. Each ticket has a seat number. So if you try and grease your way to a better seat, what do you think happens when the customer holding a ticket for that seat shows up?

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
  3. rdober237

rdober237 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am assuming that they would know what seats are not sold. Everybody's out to make a buck and I would think that these people seating you are trying to make a little something extra. I can look at any shows seating chart and see which seats are still available.

4. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    These shows are way different than the small showrooms. There is not somebody that has "control" of the good seats and can help you out with a greased palm.

5. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wouldn't make that assumption. The theater is not small. I cannot imagine the numerous persons seating guests take the time before each show to memorize which seats are available. if you go the route of studying a seating chart to see what seats may still be available, I would suggest waiting until five minutes before show time to buy your tickets (and check the seating chart). The three times I have seen O, people have been in line right up until the last moments buying tickets at the box office.

I just think its not a fruitful idea. IMO, seat location does matter at O. The closer you are, the more you will see, especially during the high dive sequence. if that better view is important to you, just shell out the extra money for the better seats. Then you are guaranteed an excellent view

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
  6. garrman

garrman Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you are picking your tickets up from the ticket desk, then you can ask them there and see. They will know what is sold and not sold. When I went to see Michael Jackson One, they upgraded our seats when I went to pick up my tickets so I believe there is some discretion that they have. With O being the most popular cirque show in Vegas this may not be feasible.

One thing to keep in mind is there the highest priced tickets don't always mean the best seats. An expert poster recommends SECTION 203, Upper Orchestra.

7. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    O is one off the shows thats basicaly always sold out. so get the tickets u want.

at other shows its possible just to move as theres empty seats but O is very full each nite so no

8. rdober237

rdober237 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My mistake. I really meant to type ONE. Same thing. Assigned seats. Maybe not as popular as O so greasing a palm might work. But as you say after show starts just move. You can look online at seating chart just before show begins if you want to see unsold seats.

9. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    one is usualy full also .they do great group sales

.they woundt move u there by greasing .

u dint want front seats, center seats half way back is perfect

10. AllenAndRossi

AllenAndRossi VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've seen "O" twice. The first time was from actual front row seats in section 104 on the center aisle. The second time was from the first row of section 203, which are considered "limited view".

What makes them "limited view" is a handrail on top of the low ledge in front of you. Unless your child or Billy Barty. it's really not going to be in the way.

Overall, I thought the front row of Section 203 were better seats than the actual front row 104 seats.

It's the only show I've seen in Vegas that I wasn't comp'd for. And I paid to see it twice.

You can choose your exact seats when ordering tickets. Pay, go and enjoy. You won't be disappointed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.