1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Extra guest charge

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Fortuna, Feb 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fortuna

Fortuna Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    is there anything in place to stop you having an extra guest in your room winthout paying the extra fee? We are staying at Excalibur and intend to have four people in a queen room for most of the trip but have only put two people on the booking as it was an extra $25 pppn. Was just thinking there might be procedures in place to catch us when using the pools ect.

2. simundo26

simundo26 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    just ask for extra key at reception, and dont use house keeping

3. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, just don't rub their face into it and you should be OK.

4. h0llywood

h0llywood VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ask for a double queen and occupancy should be bumped to 4

5. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I ask for a double-queen often when solo, space to lay out all of my stuff, and I've never been charged for four bodies!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. h0und10

h0und10 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Shouldnt be a problem. Have two people wander around separately at check in.. I always ask for an extra key anyway and never have been questioned

7. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nobody is paying any attention. Unless the four of you are standing at the desk to checkin at once... no big deal.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In my experience, they don't care much.

Biggest problem would be, if the 4 of you are separated and one of the names not on the room loses their key they cannot get in until others get back.

9. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    dont ask dont tell

just dont bring them too the front desk at check in

• Like Like x 2
  10. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    With extra guests some people don't want the maid to come around and clean the room for fear of being "caught" - it doesn't really matter because she isn't going to interrogate you and she wouldn't know if all four of you were staying in the same room or if just two of you are and the other two are visiting from next door/down the hall/another hotel/etc

That said, if you don't want the maids to come around at all a suggestion would be to bring extra stuff along accordingly: the room is only going to have one spare roll of toilet paper plus whats on the holder so you might want to bring along an extra roll or two from home. Same would go for the toiletries like soap and shampoo: from Excalibur its a little bit of a ways to go to get to a store where you can replace that stuff so you might want to bring along some extra from home.

If you are bringing along suitcases and people will have trouble being under the sheets with another person then you might also want to pack along things like a small blanket or an extra pillow in case there aren't enough in the room. If sleeping arrangements are going to be a major problem for some (IE: they just will not share a bed with anybody) you can buy a cheap pool mattress and bring that along for sleeping on the floor - the ones made for the pool won't be as good as an actual inflatable mattress, but they will make do for a couple of days, they are cheap ($5-7 usually) and they are light and take up less room than an inflatable mattress and you can just leave it behind in the room at the end of the trip.

Otherwise the only issue you might have is if somebody loses their key and they aren't one of the registered guests - they'll have to wait or find somebody to get let back in to the room.

When going down to the pool your key is good for you and a guest so if there are four of you and you only had two keys that'll still be enough for all of you to get in at once.

For any interactions you may have with staff, unless you tell them they won't know if you are staying together in one room or not - its not uncommon for groups to go to Las Vegas and meet up and stuff.

• Like Like x 1
  11. VegasSchemer

VegasSchemer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You should be just fine. I've pretty consistently broken this rule at properties around the strip and haven't had a problem.

The maids won't say anything and won't know if you didn't pay for the 3rd or 4th guest.

The only cautious action I'd advise is just not having everyone there at check-in. After check-in, you should be all set. When staying in a room with 4, we've had all 4 of us redeem MyVegas freeplay offers by adding the other names to the room later on.

12. the nuts

the nuts VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    All above are correct, but its really not a big deal at all. In my younger days we showed up with air beds and slept like 6 to a room. One year on NYE the bell man said he was not allowed to carry an air bed up and we werent allowed to have one. So we left it in the car, went upstairs, emptied one of the suitcases, came back the car and put the air bed in the empty suitcase AND had the same bell guy carry it up. LOL.

The key to this, as mentioned above, is dont all go to the check in desk, scatter and play some slots. Send the most responsible one and a wingman to check in.

Also, you do not have to avoid house keeping. Just find the one cleaning your room and hand her a $10-$20 and they will never tell. As a matter of fact they always gave us extra stuff since there were so many of us.

13. The Rumor

The Rumor VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've done it many times and never had a problem. The advice in this thread is spot on. The biggest issue is keys as is noted.

Getting extra stuff from housekeeping is totally not a big deal, just go find the cart in the morning and ask

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And if you tell them you do not need cleaning, only certain items, they are even happier. They get to write down they cleaned the room, even though they did not.

15. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Speaking from experience – my coworker went running out of the room when a guy & a gal were fighting in the hallway. Not really the smartest thing to do to begin with, but she went running out and the door slammed behind her. So here is my coworker, in her pink leopard print pajamas, stranded in the hallway. She went to the white courtesy phone and called and then had to sit down on the floor in the hall and wait. Luckily I had added her name to the room. I haven't let her live this down yet, and I never will.

16. wernerw

wernerw Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow, 15 entries here and the moral authorities have not detected this thread yet? :cool:

17. philculp

philculp Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yup Concur with all this. Had 5 of us in a room booked for 2. Asked for 5 keys, even asked for a roll away for the 5th after we got to the room and had house keeping every day. No problems at all.

18. h0llywood

h0llywood VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Morality and common sense goes missing once you cross into Clark County.

19. the nuts

the nuts VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not true. They are not supposed to write that they cleaned the room if they haven't. They actually get paid per room that they clean, so if you skip the cleaning, they technically dont get paid. They also get paid crap money, tips are a very nice gesture. We tip everyone else in Vegas, why not.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
  20. Dogbite

Dogbite Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never had any issue with this in the past. They seem to act on a don't ask don't tell policy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.