1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Help with check out at Ballys

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Michelle H, Feb 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michelle H

Michelle H Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am staying at Ballys I have stayed mostly at MGM properties with VIP check in. That made check out easy I would charge everything to my room and at checkout they would take everything off my bill except tips. I'm not sure how that works at Ballys. I don't have a host there and I'm not sure how their reward program works. Do I go to the Total Rewards Desk before checkout? Also I booked a Jubilee Strip view room. (Comped) Was that a good choice? Any help would be appreciated!! Thanks!

2. smerrian

smerrian View from Bally's

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am a CZR customer. I, too, am booked at Bally's in a Jubilee Strip view room. At check in ask for a room facing right into the Eiffel Tower (unless the lights will keep you up!). The view is stupendous. If you get high up at the end of the hall you can also see the Bellagio fountains. Truly the best view from a room I've ever had in LV.

As far as comping off your charges at the end of your stay with CZR properties, I find it best to check out in the diamond check-in/out lounge. They can take off what your comps qualify for and after your comp account hits zero they sometimes will take off the remainder of your bill. You will need a host to do this and there's always a host on duty in the diamond check-in/out lounge. Don't check out with the desk personnel at the front desk or the diamond check-in/out lounge. Wait to speak to a host who will be sitting at a desk, not at the counter.

3. Michelle H

Michelle H Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the reply. Problem is I lost my diamond status this year.

4. Lmarl72936

Lmarl72936 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i rarely ever hear of CET properties taking room charges off the bill (back end comps). Im Diamond and I only stay at CET properties and this is never happened for me. I know MGM properties are famous for this. CET is all about room comps and Front end comps NOT back end. I guess it wont hurt to ask.. Just go find the host on duty and ask them.. Good Luck

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Michelle H

Michelle H Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe I should rethink my choice. I was also offered 4 nights in a suite at Mirage with VIP check in, limo and 200 credit even though I haven't been there in 5 years. Just wanted to try something different

6. Lmarl72936

Lmarl72936 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would Def Jump up on the Mirage offer absolutely!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Michelle H

Michelle H Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Only problem with that is at Ballys I was able to get a second room comped for a friend. Can't do that at Mirage

8. smerrian

smerrian View from Bally's

Trips to Las Vegas:
    CZR hosts have to use up your comp points before you can get 'extra' comps. This is discretionary and I would think a good relationship needs to be in place before you can expect much. I agree with Lmarl...Jump on the Mirage offer! It's possible you might get the friend's room comped at Bally's but I wouldn't count on it unless it's done up front...and to do it up front you have to have a good relationship with your host in place already.

9. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    just a heads up depending when u go .your room will over look chatue nite club . expect noise .just a heads up.

10. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:

double book

take the mirage and bally u stay at mirage put ur friends at ballys both under ur name .no brainer

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep.. take both offers. Only do one room at Ballys - with your friend as a guest. As to getting both rooms comped at Ballys AND getting some back end comps - pretty low chances unless you play alot. They will take into account the "cost" of the Ballys room(s) first, then use your reward credits next, and then - MAYBE they will comp off what expenses are left.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    basicaly nothing because any rc will be used to pay for everything and u have to buy out 2 rooms resort fees and and expensives and they will take rc before anything else and if ur a table player thats alot off playing for cet to get that off.

double book

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. buffalo

buffalo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My advice is go into the Diamond check-in the afternoon before you leave and ask the host to review your play. We had excellent results at Bally's last year doing this.

14. Michelle H

Michelle H Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks I will try that!

15. Michelle H

Michelle H Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't think my friend will want to stay in a hotel by herself.

16. Michelle H

Michelle H Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I forgot to say that one room at blaays is in my name the other in my husbands name We are both slot players. When we are in Vegas we gamble eat and sleep, so we do spend alot of time playing. Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems like everyone is saying cet is tighter with the comps then Mlife. i don't play for comps but I do like to get the most bang for the buck.

17. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Like PaperPost and others said, would you be OK staying at separate hotels? They're not that far. Could you book the mlife offer for you, and just also book your bally offer for your friend?

They really aren't that far apart location-wise....ask her, she might be more OK than you think with different hotels, especially if it's free for her, PLUS you guys can nosh on extra food freebies with the mlife credit.

OR, my top pick, if you have a suite comped at Mirage, see how much the upgrade to the 2 bedroom would cost. I Don't think it's astronomically more, and you still get all the RC and limo comps at mlife.

I'd either go Mirage for you, Ballys for her, or a two bedoom for both of you at Mirage...you can always use express comps to cover the upgrade. If you're in a suite at Mirage, I'm doubting you have Resort fees, which means that you can apply earned express comps to the upgraded room fee, which again, I don't think will be crazy. Just an idea.

PS if you want to try the two bedroom at Mirage and it shows as "unavailable" online....call. If they're giving you limo service, they might be able to "find" you a two bedroom. I've had hotels book me "unavailable" rooms before on a comp....without my even pushing!

Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
  18. nostresshere

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Two bedroom is harder to get. Just see what your host would charge you for that extra room - anywhere in the hotel. We did that with sister in law recently - actually comped it. We would have used Express Comps if needed, but...

If you are at Mirage - you could consider room at Harrahs - right across the street. I am sure if you have a comp deal at Ballys, you would also have one at Harrahs.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    this is easy

tell your friend too pay for it them self if they dont wont too stay by them self.too bad so sad.

take the suite and let them fend for themself if they dont like your free room offer

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. nostresshere

Trips to Las Vegas:
    paperposter is right. This is YOUR trip, and YOUR comps.

Give them the choices and let them decide:

Room at Mirage for XX
    Room at Mirage booked on your own.
    Room at Harrahs for XX (maybe free)
    Room at Ballys for XX - probably free
    Room at Flamingo/Linq for XX - probably free

Which would you like my dear friend?

• Agree Agree x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.