1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Anyone like NBA Basketball?

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by in4mation808, Dec 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. in4mation808

in4mation808 VMB VIP Expert Picture Taker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If so, what's your favorite team? Lakers for me! Followed closely by the Cav's. Crazy, huh?

2. smallz79

smallz79 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i love the Denver Nuggets!, they are a young and rising team

3. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not until April at the very earliest. :snore:

4. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I grew up in Akron, Ohio and was a BIG Cavaliers' fan when they were an expansion team. My Dad had a contract to do a film for their inaugural year, so I went to almost every home game that year with him. They drafted Notre Dame's Austin Carr the next year and he was my hero. Dad did a local commercial with him and spent several hours around him... even shot some baskets with him. Incredibly nice man!!!

In '75 (my junior year in high school) we moved to the East Bay, which was the same year the Warriors won the title. I've loved 'em ever since and with a few exceptions, have suffered through many tough seasons. I'm enjoying them now... winning's a GREAT feeling, but gotta figure out a way to get past the Cavs again!

5. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been a fan of the MN Timberwolves since the beginning. I catch at least one game a year in person.
    I've only seen the Wolves win in person once. Christian Laettner was on the team then, so that was awhile ago!

But I've seen some pretty good teams come in Target Center as the visitors, especially Mr. LeBron James a couple of seasons ago! Experienced "Linsanity" from the Knicks a handful of years ago, too!

I live by the Wolves fan mantra: Never Give Up. And even if you do, pretend that you didn't!

RICHARD

6. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Love basketball. As a child, I was a huge Lakers fan because Magic was my basketball hero. After he retired, I became a Knicks fan. But by 2000, I really stopped cheering for any specific team. Its better that way. I cheer for certain styles of play and can enjoy watching lots of different teams and players. These days, its hard not to enjoy the Warriors because their style is so entertaining. I also really enjoy watching at team with a really good point.

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
  7. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Was the rifleman still on the team then? I know some of his years overlapped with Laettner. Still love his ridiculous playoff showdown with Bird when he was with the Pacers

The plans have changed
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I believe they were together for about 2 seasons. Lots of super individual talent for the Wolves over the years. The training ground for future champions...KG, KLove, etc..

Lots of Championship banners hanging from the rafters at Target Center. For the Lynx!

RICHARD

9. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They have a decent young core again. Just a question of whether they can learn/make a commitment to defense

The plans have changed
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree! Some years I've seen better effort from Ernie & Bert when I've been at Target Center for Sesame Street Live.

RICHARD

11. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, bottom four defensively never gets it done. But they have a good coach and will hopefully improve the next couple years

The plans have changed
  12. Its Only Money

Its Only Money VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Born and bred in NEO life-long Cavs fan. The concussion that Rick Mahorn gave Mark Price in 1989 cost them the Championship that year IMHO. The Richfield Coliseum was one of the loudest places to watch a game. Those late 80s teams were great to watch, too bad Ron Harper was nailing the owners daughter and got shipped off for Danny Ferry's rights.

13. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Definite cheap shot. And I loved Price since his rambling wreck days. But the Pistons were dominant that year and the Cavs couldn't get out the first round.

The plans have changed
  14. Its Only Money

Its Only Money VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Price was never right after that shot to the head that year. They were 42-12 at the time and went 15-13 the rest of the regular season. The Pistons really started their run after that game. I could be looking at things with orange colored glasses though. After the early exit in the playoffs on the shot, I came home from the game and took down every Jordan thing in my room.

Only took 27 more years but we finally got that championship.

15. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, a lot of really good teams were denied by Jordan. I still love the 93 Suns team. Nor have I gotten over the Charles Smith "self-check" play that cost the Knicks

The plans have changed
  16. wanker751

wanker751 Dutch Rudder Enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bulls "fan" I watch the playoffs now for Bulls. The 90's ruined it for me when I was a kid. Used to watch every game but my Fandom faded. I mean it won't ever get better than what I saw growing up!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.