1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

To upgrade or not to upgrade Aria

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by chefshaun, Dec 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chefshaun

chefshaun Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just got an offer to upgrade my free Myvegas 2 night stay to a corner suite for $69 per night. Is it worth it? It's unfortunately not a strip view upgrade. We will be spending some time in the room but not a whole lot. Any input will be greatly appreciated.

2. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had a myvegas 2 nights stay there earlier this month, The room was just awful the worst i ever had not only in vegas but pretty much anywhere it was just filthy and run down. I dont think ill ever stay at that place ever again but if i would i guess i would take the upgrade but then again whats the point of using myvegas if we have to pay 69$ a night+35$ in resort fees.

If its a solo trip roll the dice, if its a couples trip then go for it

• Dislike Dislike x 3
  3. Mindcr1me

Mindcr1me Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This was at Aria?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    no its only a room see a show have a meal instead

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Google some videos of the rooms. (And just know they have a few layouts for corner suites.) I have stayed in both. Love the tower suites lounge that comes with the Corner suite. On the room itself, the corner suite is beautiful, but personally, the basic rooms are so nice, it's not worth the upgrade cost for me personally.

BUT I have stayed in them (CS) before. It might be worth it if it's your first time. AND again, the tower suites lounge is wonderful. If you're only staying two nights, and can afford it, it might be worth it.

TIP: If you want to do it, book it now versus waiting and asking at check-in. We had an upgrade offer of $75 a night on our last trip. We decided not to upgrade. At the front desk they offered again...it had jumped to $175 a night for the upgrade fee.

Whatever you decide, have a GREAT trip. We love Aria....it's one of our home bases!

P.s. just remember you'll be charged the upgrade, which might be taxable, plus the resort fees (which you will pay on a standard room as well). So $69 a night extra will be more like $115 a night or so.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. DanVegas

DanVegas Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The last time we were at Aria, the corner suite and junior suite upgrades were the same price. I've stayed in both, and LOVE the junior suite much more than the corner. I would pay that for the junior, but probably not the corner.

7. Kobra2848

Kobra2848 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stayed on a two night comp in September for the deluxe room and decided to take the upgrade to the corner suite for $69 a night. Upon check in they sent me to the Tower check in and put me in a Tower Suite room on the 30 floor with a strip view. We loved the room and the ability to duck into the lounge for snacks and soda's. The best part was upon checkout I was only charged the daily resort fee. I don't know if it is standard procedure to waive the upgrade on a comp room.

Mark

8. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not saying this did not happen but I have never run in to a "filthy and run down"room at Aria in any of my 25+ stays there.Does not sound like you travel much.
    To the OP:you will pay the $35 RF anyway.The $69 to upgrade is worth it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. sarah9nascar

sarah9nascar VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I liked that the corner suites have an ice maker in the room and oh that heated toilet.

I've never had a bad room in all my stays at Aria but I will say the last room we stayed in there in December actually had a plunger by the toilet. The toilet was very hard to flush.

Sema Show
  10. BarelyHangingOn

BarelyHangingOn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just did the Corner Suite upgrade and had mixed feelings after we left because it was nice to experience once it was a lot of room for just my wife and me.
    I am glad we did it to experience it but probably would not do it again if it is just the two of us in Vegas.
    We were able to entertain friends one night so it was fun.

We stayed on the 24th floor with a view that looked out at Red Rock Canyon. The Vrada and the Cosmo. The room is topnotch and I really have one con about the bathroom but that is minor.

The Room
    Pros
    - Personal fridge in room with ice maker.
    - Bathroom in general with heated toilet and bidet with separate jetted soaking tub.
    - Space in general is nice having a sitting area with couch and dining room table
    - Extra bathroom
    - Door that closes off bedroom and bathroom as i am a early riser it gave my wife some privacy or noise reduction to sleep.
    - The cornered bedroom is pretty nice
    - The extras like shaving kit and foam and toothbrushes and toothpaste, slippers and turn down service.
    - Three tv's

Cons
    - The tub jets has one speed and that was loud and when sitting in the tub you had to have it filled up but that also meant water splashing all over the place.
    - I kind of like the bath and shower enclosure better in the regular rooms

The Lounge
    Pros
    - Its nice to slip down into during the and grab coffee, tea, juice and a snack. We grabbed lots of waters on our trip and Sprite for mix.
    - We would go in and grab a few waters and throw the in the purse for our strip walks or to take them to the room for morning
    - Its nice to have somewhere to just go and sit down and take break.
    - Private single person bathroom that is well cleaned. We used it quite a bit when gambling
    - There are lots of people working in there so you get good treatment if you require anything
    - Your black room card gets you pref. treatment for cabs etc. The bell people were really nice to us.

Cons
    - The breakfast snacks were great but they severed cold fried ravioli and a beer bread with dip for four days straight and they were okay but not that great. We had thought for the upgrade that they would have mixed things up a bit. Besides breakfast we did not snack much.
    - It's not that private, there are at least 4 people working the desk and people checking in and out all day long. They have an employee that restocks the food and drink just standing there like a security guard and it was a little weird.
    - You will end up sitting with other people because sitting is limited. We were on a couch and several times had to sit with people that were having business meetings. It's awkward and boring.

Here's a few photos of our room. I really didn't take any good photos of the view.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes sadly it was

Sadly it happened dec 12-13 room 19208. The bed cover was so dirty bed (full of greasy and bloody spots) and it had a ton of hair on it. The furniture(desk and table tops were made of glass and were so dusty i could write my name on them in the dust) .

I wasnt unpacked yet so i went back down to the front desk and mentionned those thing, they asked me if i would like to have someone come and change the bed cover, Humm yeah you think ?t(didnt offer me another room)

Someone did came 45 minutes or so later and changed it but didnt dust the furniture.

After i settled in the room i then notice that 1 of the 2 faucets in the bathroom was dripping and it never stop doing so for my whole stay

This is small stuff but i was told at check in that when i would enter the room for the 1st time the lights(not sure if she said drapes) would open , so i get into the room walk in a few steps, nothing came on and it was so freaking dark in there i couldnt find the light switches had to go back and re open the door to try to find them.

Hell my room at Paris the 5 previous night might not have been as luxurious but it was a lot cleaner/quieter, at Aria everytime someone walked in the hallway you could hear them. I mostly stay a 4* places when i travel the few 5* place i stayed (ritz,intercontinental, Sofitel) were way better than Aria

12. DanVegas

DanVegas Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We had an interesting experience with a poor room at Aria before, and after a brief discussion with the manager downstairs, had an upgraded room and a little extra resort credit. While not all the rooms are perfect, it seems they work hard on service recovery.

13. jmiller31

jmiller31 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm really shocked at the bad experience someone posted previously. The only time we had anything wrong with a room at Aria was a bad TV and within 10 minutes of calling about it a tech showed up with a new TV. We've never had a bad housekeeping experience and they've always bent over backwards on anything we have asked for.

As for upgrading to the corner suite or not I would do it. We started staying in corner suites over a year ago and have loved them ever since. One thing to be aware is that not all corner suites are created the same. We've stayed in 5 now and every one has had a different floor plan. I'm not talking slight differences, I'm talking major differences. Each has been great but there are some much better than others. The best one so far was a true corner, the bathtub was at the point of the corner facing Cosmo with windows in front, left and right. You could lay in bed and see the mountains on one side and the strip on the other it was truly a beautiful experience.

14. Geogran

Geogran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello @chefshaun - I've enjoyed reading all the other posts and some very good advice either way you decide.
    So here is one more for you to digest, lol!

If your budget is tight and a high priority, I think you would really enjoy the standard comp'd room you booked - our friends had a standard room and it was very spacious (they gave us the tour) with great amenities and nice views, and according to them one of the best beds on the strip.

Our personal experience was staying in a corner suite and we loved it - floor to ceiling windows in the bedroom with an awesome view from the bed - the night view with all the hotels lit up is mesmerizing and when ready to sleep, using the bedside tablet and with the touch of a finger you can control everything in the suite - lights, music, blackout drapes, etc. - really cool. The extra bathroom is great when two people want to get ready at the same time and the master bath is really nice. We had a dining area, good size living area, mini fridge and nice views. Housekeeping was excellent and attentive (I'm picky about cleanliness). You get to check in the Tower Suite lounge, free coffee, tea, soda and a few snacky things which is handy in the morning and throughout the day for a break from gambling.

So, keeping in mind the info below from @Multifarious5, if the upgrade fee, resort fee, taxes won't break the budget - I say go for it! It's a real treat for one trip. Most importantly, have a fun trip!

Geogran

15. chefshaun

chefshaun Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks again everyone for the advice. One other major factor is that it is me and a friend and I believe all of the corner suites are King bed only. We're comfortable enough not to be grossed out since we have been friends since 5 but it is really nice having your own bed. Money is a factor for him but not me but I also feel it's only money and the experience is worth it. Lastly, paperposter made a good point that we can use that money towards a couple of decent meals....or to hit it big gambling.

16. tipdrill

tipdrill Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has anyone tried to pull the $20(or more) trick to get the upgrade upon check in? I have the King room booked now (comped), was trying to lock down the Corner suite.

17. Its Only Money

Its Only Money VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The problem is that the corner suites are full more often than not. They have done a good job with getting people to upgrade prior to check in. I have tried multiple times for paid upgrade upon check-in for a corner suite and have trouble. They can't upgrade you to a room type they don't have available. If you want to lock down a corner suite, your best bet is too call and upgrade now.

18. bardolator

bardolator Lifelong Low Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You might be able to swing a 2-Queens room by explaining the situation and asking nicely. That's what I did on a MyVegas comp at Aria last month. The clerk also threw in a Strip view, although the view from our room was not that interesting- mostly roof and Vdara. Disclaimer: The hotel was not very busy.

Our room was immaculate.

19. Vegas6821

Vegas6821 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Trip is in three weeks. Staying on corporate comp offer in deluxe room. When does upgrade email come? Is it random? Staying Sunday-Tuesday

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.