1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Most Popular Hotels in Vegas - You won't believe who is #1 (sounds like clickbait,eh?)

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by nostresshere, Dec 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One of the travel blogs I follow just released a list. Before you go ape, realize it is based on bookings at Expedia. Betting less than 5% of folks here book through them. So, that gives you some hope.

So, before you see the list and thinking about maybe a first time visitor to Vegas booking via a third party and have no idea of hotels, where would you book. (think price)

List is here

(thanks for letting me write my first click bait sounding title)

2. Craps_Player

Craps_Player High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My first ever experience of Las Vegas was staying at the Palace Station off the strip. Why? Travel Agent in the UK offering that with the flights. So....it's not about the quality of hotels. Most don't actually know. The list is a fair reflection of what the general public actually want to pay. The fact that most on this forum are seasoned players with free hotel offers (and some more than others...), doesn't detract from the fact that it's going to be someone's first time to Las Vegas and the cheaper hotels pair rather well with flight prices to make fantastic looking holiday packages.

3. bruceb

bruceb Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can relate to that statement. My wife and I made our first trip almost 20 years ago and stayed at....The Stratosphere . Not knowing much about Vegas, we heard Tom Parson's (bestfares.com) on a local radio station really hyping a deal through Las Vegas Reservation Systems (lvrs.com), so we took it. Of course it makes a good story as Poster and Breitling (founders of LVRS that became travelscape.com and eventually sold to expedia.ccom) later owner the Golden Nugget.

bruce

4. eaglejohn

eaglejohn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Must be first timers booking if CC, Excal, and Luxor are top 3. Find this hard to believe . Guess it shows who uses expedia

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. rob889

rob889 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Years ago my ex and I traveled to Vegas with a German couple...the fuss they made over wanting to stay in "the pyramid" was pretty comical. I guess from their perspective it's one of the hotels that stands out in movies and stuff so there are probably bragging rights when they get home.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Some of it is cost based. But the top three are also still iconic names that people have heard of even if they don't know much about them today. I think that there are still people who rely on a site like Expedia or still use travel agents but don't really use the internet to prepare for a trip. And if they do, they don't use forums where they can ask questions and get a response from someone more like them,

7. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    These are the same type of lists that always have olive garden as best italian just sayin.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  8. Kobra2848

Kobra2848 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Our first trip to Las Vegas was in 1999 and I booked through Southwest travel. I knew I couldn't talk the wife into staying in a cheap hotel so the best deal I found was staying at the Golden Nugget. Flight for two plus Hotel for 5 nights was $700 total. That was our only stay downtown before becoming center strip people.

Mark

9. Basil

Basil VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Funny, my first trip to Vegas, I booked Excalibur, and pretty sure I did it through Expedia. So nailed it.

I did sort of know what I was getting into having done a lot of research. I figured I wasn't going to spend much time at all in the room, so it wouldn't bother me. As it turned out, I didn't spend much time in the room, nor in the Excal for that matter (kept making the walk over to MGM). But I was wrong about one thing: it did bother me. The room was absolutely terrible: run down, a ripped curtain that let daylight in, everything worn down. Terrible.

Turns out I had spent enough time gaming to get a decent offer from the Mirage, (which ended up getting back end comped anyway). It's been home base ever since.

• Like Like x 1
  10. MrCravat

MrCravat Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep and those booking CC when they find out the $19 rooms are "Manor" I bet they soon change their minds..

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. PsyDoc

PsyDoc High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, I am not German, but Austrian, which is kind of similar.....and yes, people over here (me included) do think that staying in "the pyramid" is kind of cool.....I don't why....but that's the way it is.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. VolleyBall

VolleyBall 7* & MLife Plat

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, I wonder if it's the complete opposite, CC is the LEAST booked and therefore they're trying to drum up bookings.

13. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was expecting Flamingo to be #1, got it wrong

14. Camp Rusty

Camp Rusty VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    1989 my travel agent sent me there too. R/T air from Seattle and 4 nights, I still remember. $190.00.

Hahahhahahhhha......travel agents......and eight track tape players......no more.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. LondonCalling

LondonCalling Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    List is not surprising at all. People on expedia usually want cheap and CC is always at the top of the list if you are looking at strip hotels sorted by price, cheapest first.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought staying in the Pyramid was a novel experience.

Back when it opened, there was security at all of the inclinators (diagonal elevators), so I never got to do it until recently when I took my (then) 10 year old son).

Now that I've done it, I can cross it off of my bucket list.

• Like Like x 1
  17. vegasdev

vegasdev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    live and learn.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. bobby jones

bobby jones VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My SO surprised me with a Vegas trip a number of years ago. She had only been once before and stayed at the mirage. When I open the Rez and saw cc, I nearly fell off my chair. She booked through something called red tag. I ended up booking ballys at an extra charge as I didn't have much status their at the time and it was the cheapest I could get centre strip on short notice.

Somehow we got upgraded to a suite which made the extra charges worth while.

19. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not sure why these rankings should surprise people. A hell of a lot more people stay at Motel 6 and eat at Sizzler than stay at Fairmont and eat at Spago. It's just sheer numbers. Look here, a good amount of Vegas (and gambling) savvy but there still is far more interest in and knowledge of the mid- or mid-low market. That's not an indictment, just a travel fact.

20. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    True. My first Vegas trip was in the Manor Rooms at CC. Lots of people here have said they first stayed at CC, Luxor or Excalibur. Live and learn. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.