1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

What to eat on Christmas Day

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by LilyJDragonfly, Dec 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LilyJDragonfly

LilyJDragonfly Degenerate

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Finally after a few years gone, we're heading back to Las Vegas! Our original plan was for three nights at Fremont (still comped after all this time!) and then back home to SoCal.

But then today, a friend mentioned how terrible the traffic is going to Las Vegas on the day after Christmas. So I checked my TotalRewards and lo-and-behold, comped room available on Christmas Day at a few properties. We chose The Flamingo - I've never stayed there but really love flamingos in general. We'll check out day after Christmas and head over to our room at the Fremont for the remainder.

So what is open on Christmas for restaurants? I know there are a few that will be closed (we used to always do Reno for Christmas) but I'm sure a good chunk of decent places will be open???? We'll probably wind up there pretty early in the day so lunch and dinner options are welcomed.... as are breakfast options as we may leave home REALLY early...

The restaurants can be wherever in Las Vegas. We'll have a car with us.

2. VolleyBall

VolleyBall 7* & MLife Plat

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Most places will be open, I called the hostess of Charlie Palmers Steakhouse at the Four Seasons (Attached to the Mandalay Bay) and they will serve their usual $58/person cut of the week multicourse meal with bottomless wine pairings along with a special holiday menu. I tried to convince the family to go there but they decided they wanted to wing it on XMas dinner.

Sterling Brunch at Ballys but it's $125 and accepting walk ins only. Just about anything you want will most likely be open but I would recommend a reservation now because you can always cancel it later.

3. Onmyown32

Onmyown32 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We all went to Mon ami for Christmas dinner last year. It was busy but we had reservations and no wait at all

4. jamesROVH

jamesROVH Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    think i had a quiznos for christmas dinner the last time i was there over xmas. it was a soulless experience. i cried.

5. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Vegas is a service town. Save mom and pop joints, "open" will carry the day, not "closed." It's really about what you want to eat, at what price point, and in what type of setting.

6. LilyJDragonfly

LilyJDragonfly Degenerate

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I figured as much, ken2v.... I've been during December just not Christmas itself.

And Mon Ami sounds like a good idea; I've got RCs I want to burn off before they roll out some dumbfuck plan that devalues them...

7. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Since you have a car I'd suggest seeing if these locals places, all with a bistro flair, are serving: Table 34, Marche Bacchus, Todd's Unique.

8. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Reminder - you can not use RC's to pay the bill directly, but you can charge to any CET room and they can cover it with points then.

• Like Like x 1
  9. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED Money’s on the way, with CashNetUSA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    thanks for the suggestions..we're also trying to figure out what to do for Christmas dinner

10. Candydave

Candydave mid-roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have reservations at Hexx Kitchen at Paris. I suggest making reservations for Christmas Day.

11. FloppedASet

FloppedASet Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Will be hitting Carmines, cant wait to try that place

12. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hope you have a larger party. It will not work for a solo or couple.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.