1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Being forced to go back to Vegas.

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by David Grant, Dec 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. David Grant

David Grant Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Normally when I go to Vegas I go solo. My sister and brother in law have an anniversary coming up in 2018. They are pretty quiet and conservative. Not huge party people (b.i.l has mobility issues), not gamblers. Although sis likes slots. They like nice hotels, by a beach with good food. Always European vacation spots.

Last week we are having a chat and they announce that they are going to Vegas.
    With me, when I go in 2018.

No discussion, no do you mind, no are you going. (Actually that last one would have been a silly question)
    So now I am going to Vegas in 2018.

Oh the hardship.
    I will be forced to eat nice dinners,
    Go to great shows,
    More sightseeing, possibly less debauchery.

(Could I pass this off as a health trip?)

To be honest though I think it will be great fun.

David

• Like Like x 3
  2. momo325

momo325 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    go and have fun!!

i usually go with my bf and we are very random...
    im doing a first time ever family Vegas trip in feb. that should be interesting.... no one drinks in the family but me so not sure what to expect....

3. Big Tip

Big Tip VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am being forced to go also. I am going in January to celebrate my son turning 21. Fine. No problem. We've been planning that one for years. But my 3G group (Golf, Gamble, Guzzle) has been chomping at the bit to go so they scheduled a February trip and are FORCING me to go to fill out the group.

sigh. What's a fella suppose to do, say no?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. nickle

nickle Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A couple of years ago, my wife and I were "forced to go to Vegas" with 2 other couples that were long standing friends. This was at least our 20th trip and we had become quite knowledgeable about what we liked about the city. Many of our "take for granted" activities were seen through the eyes of Vegas newbies and this made the trip as exciting and enjoyable for us as it did for our friends. I, for one, now am constantly on the lookout for friends or relatives who are trying to "force" me to go.

5. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Being forced to go back, David?
    I will come to the rescue!
    I have a very particular set of skills.

Come to think of it, whittling, burping prime numbers, and juggling may not be helpful in this instance.

You're on your own, dude! Have a great trip! :beer:

RICHARD

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. fasbman

fasbman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I feel your pain! LOL

7. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Save up for a second, solo, trip.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. David Grant

David Grant Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Already planning at least another two solo trips that year. (WSOP and national rodeo finals)

Here in the uk we have cheap holidays to Europe so probably a couple of weeks there as well.
    It's a hard life but someone has to do it.
    :D

9. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm being forced to go I. February. My mom wrangled a suite at the Orleans and insists I come and enjoy it with her. Oh, what a burden!

10. Retrobabble

Retrobabble CVF #37500: Director of Fun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You poor thing. I hope you don't feel too hard done by! :D

• Like Like x 1
  11. LucyR.

LucyR. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Beware of your family members or friends dumping you and taking off on their own to see the sights of Vegas.
    That happened to me on the first day many years ago. I learned to have Vegas fun on my own. Now I just go SOLO to Vegas and have lots of fun doing what I want.

Why did they dump me? They surprised me thinking I would be okay without them. They were selfish, self-centered people. You never know what a person is really like until you have to spend day and night with them. Then you get
    to see their DARK SIDE. I have lost several dark side so-called friends.

12. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife's sister is a really nice and wonderful person. I love my wife dearly and my wife loves going to Vegas with her sister.

My wife's sister's husband (I know, I know, he's my brother-in-law but the term is used loosely here) is a pretty hard person to travel with. In my opinion he can and has brought a bummer atmosphere to the previous Vegas trips we took together.

My wife and I have a March trip planned with them so I'm kinda "forced" to go with them. I've always said I'll suck it up and ignore the things he does that irritated me in the past but he's always been able to get under my skin.

This time we planned separate flights with us arriving 3 days before them and leaving 1 day before they leave. We'll still do things together but maybe with some time without them will make it a better experience for all. For all we know I just might be driving him bananas also. He and I are so different as to how we do Vegas!!

13. crimhead

crimhead Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One of the best Vegas trips we ever had was with my 2 sisters and my brother-in-law. Sometimes family just makes things more enjoyable.
    Have a great time!

14. Geogran

Geogran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh the sacrifices one has to make to keep harmony in the family. ;);)

15. greekjim

greekjim King Gyro

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went to Vegas for my little brother's bachelor party and it was pretty terrible. He spent most of the trip complaining about the free room i gave him at the Linq was to loud and he doesn't drink.

16. vegasdev

vegasdev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love my solo trips. but when you are with others, in this age of cell phone / texting, it is so easy to split up and then meet back up if necessary. plenty of options and escapes. to me the worst that could happen would be to share a room with someone that I don't want to be trapped in a room with! anyone that knows me, knows that I am comfortable being a loner and they would know what to expect. Debbie Downers and complainers suck to travel with.

17. roycpa

roycpa High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have kids and grade school aged grandkids living in Henderson, so we are "forced" to come to LV at least 3-4 times per year (depending on how often they come to see us)! Even so, our trips have evolved over the last 8 years that they have lived there. We used to try to spend a little time with them each day of our 10-14 day trips, and it didn't work out for us and I'm sure they didn't really like it either. It seemed we were always missing something because of family obligations, or that we felt bad for not spending more time with them. With both kids working and their kids in school, we have discovered it's best if we spend weekends with them and forget about Vegas, and during the week we do our Vegas thing and don't see them unless there is some special event going on that we all want to attend.

In short, you need time for yourselves, no matter who you come to Vegas with or it will be a problem for you or for them!

18. topcard

topcard Here's to $10 3:2 two-deck, $5 Craps, and $5 UTH!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Being forced to go to Vegas is something I think all of us have had to endure over the years.
    Once, I had a travel-voucher from SW Airlines that was about to expire... forcing me to use it on a round-trip to Vegas.
    Have two sons...and when each of them turned 21? You guessed it - their age forced me to take them to Vegas.
    I have a niece who just turned 21...I'm only waiting to hear from my brother about when I will be forced to meet them in Vegas for her celebration.
    Another time, two of my friends were there...I had given one of them $100 to bet for me...he called & said I had won $1000 - forcing me to go out there to collect.
    We all have sacrifices we have to make from time to time.

Annual Spring Trip!
  19. crimhead

crimhead Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got an offer from Sunset Station for 3 free nights Dec. 30,31 & Jan. 1, with a free NYE dinner and band for the two of us, and a slot tourney on the 1st. So of course we were forced to go - then Red Rock gave us 3 free nights so we're doing that right after the Sunset Station nights. The pain, the pain...

20. Big Tip

Big Tip VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I get good offers I tell my wife I can't afford NOT to go.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.