1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MGM property's upfront comps

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Drewm1972, Dec 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drewm1972

Drewm1972 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi VMB, regards to when you receive upfront comps especially over at MGM property's, are they expecting you to play "enough" to cover comps they offered you before you leave the trip? This is where I do get confuse sometimes, I do understand how upfront comps system works but there are times there's not enough time to play and cover the upfront comps....

so if you didn't play long enough to cover upfront compamare they expecting you to play next time to cover it? Or are they just taking chances?

What's you guys take on the upfront comps?

2. Its Only Money

Its Only Money VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you don't play enough to cover the comps your future comp offers may decline. I say may, because if it is just one time out of many they may just let it fly. If you continually under play your comps are likely to dry up. If you are a new player to any of the companies they may send teasers offers that are more speculative.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. VegasSchemer

VegasSchemer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And you probably already know this, but getting anything on top of your upfront comps comped (like a show or an extra room at the hotel) requires you to surpass the value of those initial upfront comps.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Drewm1972

Drewm1972 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    well thanks for your input I probably play same way as I do locally I may even play longer depends on a streak will see. I'm just looking to broaden my future comp value and better MGM vegas offers.

5. andyg99

andyg99 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Upfront comps? Enjoy them! play within your budget and if that warrants more comps then enjoy those too!

Vegas Trip #57
    Vegas Trip #58, Sammy Hagar
  6. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Of course the expect it, but they do not REQUIRE it. People get it confused sometimes. You can get a suite, $500 FP and $400 food and play $1. There will be no issue - for that trip. You might not get any decent offers later, but then again, you might.

Keep in mind there is a reason they make those offers. They "expect", or should I say "hope" you will play enough so they can get that money back and much more. It is not a thank you.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Drewm1972

Drewm1972 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well like I said I probably will ply some way as I do here locally - I just don't want to feel "pressure" as I'm only there for three days and there's no way I can play long enough to cover thier "upfront comps offer" which is pretty good ones

• Like Like x 1
  8. TitaniumX

TitaniumX Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I know I'm not going to be able to play a lot to make the host happy, I call the general VIP line and book my comp rooms instead of going thru my host.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.