1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Dec 11-14 NYNY, solo trip LIVE

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by skipapaki, Dec 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skipapaki

skipapaki Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

HELLO!!!!

Almost packed! A few more chores and then catching the 6:25 flight out of Oakland to beloved Vegas. I finally got excited!
    It has been a rough couple of years and i am ready for some quality time with just me.

Will try to do a live trip report as it unfolds.

Current plans are only reservations for one at Craftsteak for monday night. Wide open otherwise, but i want to try the Aria buffet and eat again at the wicked spoon.

I have never stayed at NYNY before and i got the run of the house at $36 a night. Hopefully, since it is a dead week, it will be a good room. I may try the $20 trick coupled with a sweet smile. I am thinking the jacuzzi suite may be a worthwhile upgrade.

Talk to you in a few hrs from VEGAS BABY!!!!

• Like Like x 2
  2. skipapaki

skipapaki Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In Vegas!
    I did not try the $20 trick. Got a Park St. room, with view of the Excalibur. Room is comfy but i forgot to ask for one bed. The bathroom is small and kind of dated.

We landed around 8 p.m. And getting an Uber was super fast and easy. Practically no traffic and i was in the room by 8:30. I was starving so i got a hot dog and a strombolli at Nathan's. i was expecting more, but it took care of my hunger.

Then it was time to play. I played a 5 reel spin the wheel machine that was good to me and i was up about $100. I moved to a monopoly one and i played a bit going up and down but after about 30 mins i was still up about $100. And then i decided to play a willy wonka machine. -$400 in about 15 mins with no bonus!!!!! And i was playing max bet!!! I should had bailed earlier.

I decided to go get a donut in the donut stand near the coffee shop but they were closed at 10:05!!!! I ended up getting a tiramisu to go from the coffee shop. Not too bad, not too good either. I decided to just turn in early, catch some zzzzzss and tomorrow is another day!

At this point i am thinking breakfast at Aria....we'll see....

3. Drewm1972

Drewm1972 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Solo trip sounds awesome - I never did one. Always wanted one but felt bad leaving wife behind..... have a great trip thanks for detail report. Following along

4. skipapaki

skipapaki Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Up early and i went searching for coffee. Got a fredo espresso at il fornaio and sat at a couple of machines.
    Boy, this trip is brutal! I cannot hit anything really and i am like $800 in the hole! They are so tight. They seem to have like a 50% payback at the most.

Back in the room, eating my bacon cheese and egg croissant and licking wounds.
    I will chill here a bit, take a shower and get pretty and i will go out to take in the strip. Back in a bit!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mrazzo

Mrazzo Prince of Pai Gow

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi we are staying at the NYNY too. Had breakfast this morning at Chin Chin and it was quite good. $20 buffet had a great selection. Enjoy your trip!

6. skipapaki

skipapaki Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The decimation continues! Perhaps i need to coop up in the room and medidate.

Dinner was at the Aria buffet. It was my first time there. Food was ok. Not the best though. I think Cosmopolitan, Wynn and Bellagio is better.

I played buffalo, i must have done $1000 coin in there. NOT A SINGLE FREAKING BONUS. Also the machines have changed and i just found the newer ones pretty boring in terms of bonus rounds. The few bonuses i hit were meager and they were not coming often.

The strip seems a lot tighter.

Tomorrow maybe i will get a massage and play blackjack and craps. The craps tables were empty for the most part. And few tables were open in general. Vegas seems really slow.

Sorry, i had higher hopes for this trip and i thought my tr would be more fun, loaded with big win pics. Alas, its not to be it seems.

7. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hope you can turn your luck around!

8. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Keep trying! Don't give up!

9. Geogran

Geogran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lots of time yet, @skipapaki - A massage and spa sound like just the ticket followed by some big wins!
    (I've had some good wins on the dollar machines near the players club in the 9am-11am time frame the last two times I played there)...

Best of luck!

10. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED Money’s on the way, with CashNetUSA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Its December and midweek...what did you expect?

11. emmas

emmas VIP Whale

Hang in there. Hope things turn around.

I need all the luck I can get!
  12. KimiCoconuts

KimiCoconuts Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Quiet is the way I like it! NYNY is my favorite place, sorry about the bad luck. Go try the Buffalo near the gift shops near the entrance next to Monte Carlo. Those are good ones, and they are the old ones.

13. boxofbirds

boxofbirds Royally Flushed

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good luck. Hang in there, it could always turn around. Try heading off strip, like Ellis Island, Palms, or Downtown, they usually have better payouts. If a machine isn't paying take a walk and find another one before you sink a bunch back in. :)

Thanks for the report!

14. AbFab

AbFab Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry to hear to that you're having awful luck. But, you can do what some regulars seem to do which is just make up shit and act like whatever you touch becomes gold. :woohoo:

• Like Like x 1
  15. skipapaki

skipapaki Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I took an Uber to go to Wynn for an early buffet dinner. better than Aria imo. I played a bit at Wynn and i have to say that while i got lighter by about $100, at least i got some very decent play for my money. I played plenty and i did not mind the end result.
    What gets me is when the machines just suck your money in with no real play. I stayed for abt 4 hrs and had fun! Nice atmosphere, lovely music. I put abt 1,500 points on the card which may actually get me some room offers???? I never had a card from Wynn before.

I then walked over to the Mirage. I played a bit with some mixed results, ended up abt even. Crossed over to harrah's it was ok there too, meaning at list i got some play for my money. I then went to see linq. I have to say i was impressed with how they have done the place. And the promenade was lovely!
    But their machines just suck. Another $400 down the drain. Next was Flamingo! Same deal...lost my last $300 and i took an uber back to nyny.

I am done playing. I am flying out tomorrow early. I have to say that this morning i had an enjoyable session at nyny and then at Wynn. Decent play, a couple bonuses for a couple hundreds each, plenty more smaller, some very decent action. If my whole trip was like that i would have lost less than $500 and would have had a great time. I dont mind losing like that. After all its entertainment.

What i hate is losing without really any playing time, which seemed to be the theme this trip.

Hopefully next time will be better!

Thanks for following me along!

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Ddiddy

Ddiddy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry to hear, but better luck next time!

17. Mrazzo

Mrazzo Prince of Pai Gow

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice TR
    Have a safe flight!!

18. kkinwi

kkinwi VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is disappointing to not get much play for the $$....safe travels!

19. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry that things didn't go well for you this trip. :( hopefully the next trip goes better!

20. IM ALL IN

IM ALL IN High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey, you did a TR. And it was reality. I enjoyed it. (not your losing) but I can relate to no play for your money. As long as it's giving me something back and letting me play..I can tolerate the loss.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.