1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Anybody used "Turo" to rent a car in Vegas?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Sidekicknick, Nov 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sidekicknick

Sidekicknick Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At a Quick glance they seem to have good options for a reasonable level price ... Just curious how airport pick-up works with them.

Thanks

2. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    no but there is no airport pick up, everyone picks up from the from the rental car place. so u would shuttle to the rental car place and they pick up from there like all off premises one

3. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Turo is a deal where you rent someones personal car. New idea. Not sure if they have any arrangement at the rental facility.

4. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    no clue but i becareful off liability, and i can get cars for 20 to 30 a day and its coverd on my credit card why would i bother with someone else car.what happens if it breaks downs., they dont have a extra one to rent to u or come and get u if your in trouble.i just see problems,i woudnt touch it with a ten foot pole its like air b and b for cars but what hapens when ur 300 miles from nowhere and u break down.

5. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Could be record for a run on sentence.

You used to write better than this. Did something happen?

6. Sidekicknick

Sidekicknick Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As far as I understand when you rent your car Turo it has an additional insurance cover for the owner of the car as well as roadside assistance.

From their webiste:
    "For each Turo car rental, you choose the protection package that’s right for your trip. Each package comes with different levels of liability and physical damage coverage."
    and
    "From 24/7 roadside assistance to 24-hour customer support, we’ll be here for you every step of the way during your rental."

... and to the point "Why bother with someone else's car" ... because for $150/day I can have a brand new Z06, $100/day a Tesla Model S, $40/day a Cadillac ATS ... much better bang for the buck than normal rental companies.

If I land in LAS with 5 others, planned on grabbing a SUV/Limo to the strip, and returning to the airport in lets say four days that is ~$150 in limos and tips. I could just rent the ATS for $160 and have a car on hand if need be.

Seems like all the perks of renting a car but much nicer cars for very competitive prices.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2016
  7. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Posts for some time have been like this. Maybe using dictation or something? I always know when Paperposter replies due the sentence structure. He does provide great information about Vegas - sometimes almost an insider view. Love to hear his input.

8. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i have bronchitis and my back is out so im try to get what ever info i can out and im not paying attentetion to much so yes im just typing away right now to help out anyone i can as im sick as a dog so my spelling or grammer will be worse(yes i know) but im still trying to help.

hope that answers ur questions

ps by stock in kleenex

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. LVHooked

LVHooked High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I spent the other morning at the ER, acute viral bronchitis and it's kicking my ass. At least the hydrocodone-whatever cough syrup has let me sleep more then an hour. And the mega steroids sure help my arthritis. Hope you feel better PP.

10. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    funny i got the same cough med been on it for a week and the gave a steroid shot and anitbiotics,its going around and it lasts a long time. pp

on a side note great way to start a diet

11. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Get well soon!

12. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Okay, I'll bite. I looked at the site. I plugged in the dates for our upcoming LAS holiday trip and it came up with several vehicles, from very reasonable in cost to totally out of line.

The "premium" insurance, which looks like the only one that really protects you, and even it appears to have some (IANAL) holes in it, is 40% of the trip price, so do some grade-school math and multiply all prices by 1.4.

The numbers appear, to me, anyway at a cursory glance, to be similar to the usual prices from the rental agencies, or at least within the same ballpark.

As for renting my car out????? NO {f-bomb}-ing way! However {wheels turning} it might be interesting to do the numbers and see how much you might make by buying a second car and renting it out (almost) all of the time. I wonder how many of these vehicles are of that type? I'm sure others have thought of it!

13. Sidekicknick

Sidekicknick Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was watching some youtube video and a guy owned a Tesla, BMW m4, and Porsche 911 ... He worked from home so had time to deliver cars and whatnot but said 100% of his payments were being covered from Turo rentals (how I found the site) ...

So figure someone is smart enough to finance only as long as the warranty lasts, you dole the car out for that time and end up with a free car. If I lived in a major metro area I think I would try.

I was curious because they have a few Tesla model Xs on the site in Vegas, and would like that to be my wife's next vehicle ... Nice extended test drive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.