1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

CET resort fee Platinum now diamond

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Onmyown32, Jul 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Onmyown32

Onmyown32 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was platinum when I put in my room reservations for Ballys and I had a resort fee. I am now diamond and my trip isn't for 2 weeks. Will they take the resort fees off? Or since I places the reservation while I was platinum I will have to pay. Anyone know?

2. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They should take them off. Make sure you (politely) point this out at check-in.

3. mdm4sfest

mdm4sfest VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd actually call the reservation # and explain. They may be able to refund even before you arrive. No matter what, they SHOULD provide a refund no questions asked.

4. Onmyown32

Onmyown32 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Awesome!! Thank you!! Can't wait.... 2 more weeks!!!!

5. buffalo

buffalo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We'll be at Bally's two weeks from today for a long weekend, hoping to get a Jubilee Celebrity Suite.

Bally's is actually pretty good about the Diamond check-in desk. If you have your Diamond card then just waltz on in and check in. If you don't have your actual card yet, then the TR desk is just down from the front desk. Pick it up there or, if it's way early or way late you may have to use the TR desk at Paris which is a few minutes walk. Good luck!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LOL, I've gotten so complacent I don't even have my card out...just walk in like I own the place!

• Like Like x 1
  7. grosx2

grosx2 Have fun storming the castle!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes I never show my card at diamond check in, just ID and CC (which is all they ask for). I would imagine that it shows your tier on the computer though?

8. h0und10

h0und10 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Otherwise cant you cancel and rebook?

9. Canadianeh

Canadianeh Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I had that very thing happen with us - wife booked the trip, then in between she became Diamond. Checked into the Diamond checkin desk, with her Diamond card on the counter, and after calling a bunch of different people, the clerk said there was nothing she could do - we'd have to pay the resort fees. I was polite, but amazed!! Their policy says Diamond doesn't pay fees, and my wife's diamond card was right in front of her. She sent us to the host desk, where we got more rudeness (this was at Caesars). Girl went out of her way to make us feel like we were wasting her time, even saying "You do realize 80% of the people who stay at Caesars are Diamond"...after leaving a couple of times to talk to other people, she finally came back and tried to make it look like she was bending the rules and doing us a huge favour, and removed the fees. I wrote a nasty email to Caesars afterwards, and they'e been super nice ever since. They apologized up and down and said that is not the sort of customer service they want their guests to receive. Really crappy experience, but we did get them comped finally...so be aware.

EDIT: And for those of you wondering, after my email, in responses I got from Caesars Total Rewards, they did clarify that their policy is that it doesn't matter when the reservation was made, or what tier you were when you made the reservation, if you are Diamond at check-in, you DO NOT PAY RESORT FEES, period. I politely responded that they need to do a better job of informing their front-line employees of that fact.

10. jon_vegas

jon_vegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    call Bally's and get transferred to VIP services - maybe you can get a better deal.

11. buffalo

buffalo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We checked in Bally's as Platinum then made Diamond on day 3. Our host used our resort credits first for removing the resort fees for the first 3 days, then comped our last night resort fees.

The whole visit was booked on a comp too.

12. smerrian

smerrian View from Bally's

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Boy, that IS cheap!

13. wildbilly

wildbilly Tourist

Wow, I can;t believe they used your resort credit instead of just cancelling all of the resort fees since you hit Diamond. Aren't resort fees paid at the end of the stay so you were Diamond at that point? The customer service stories I hear and experience at CET properties really makes me shake my head in disappointment at a company who's whole business is about the customer experience and making people feel special so they give you money. Wow, just wow!

14. buffalo

buffalo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I knew they use your resort credits before comping anything off, standard operating procedure for CET. We didn't have much anyway because they drained our credits for our July resort fees, then comped off the rest of those resort fees (and a few other things). I guess since we're Diamond now, we won't have to worry about it for a year or so lol.

Honesty, I feel we get treated great at Bally's by the team there. After four years of playing the Palazzo comp game (sometimes winning the comp game, sometimes losing it), I feel Bally's really values our business for the play level we are comfortable with. I was kinda anti-CET for a few years but we're customers now. Also I prefer playing some older slots and V/P has very few that I like left nowadays.

15. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    no , becuase its what u booked at the time. try rebooking it,thats ur best bet also call the resrvation line see if they can help.

they will say its whats ever in your reservation . u can try having a host remove it its very hard.

they go by ur printed conformation.

16. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    thats standard for them. they use resort credits first for all then comp after it suxs.

17. Harry Lyme

Harry Lyme VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Booked on Gold months ago, Diamond earlier this month. Went to desk at checkout to square away room charges and the clerk saw Diamond and removed the fees before i could even ask. This was at Harrah's AC. YMMV, naturally.

18. Kobra2848

Kobra2848 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I made Diamond last year on a trip to the Horseshoe in Bossier City and upon check out the lady removed the charges without asking.

Mark

19. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm mlife, not CET, but I'd absolutely expect it to be waived.

If CET has a player's desk, I'd ask before checkout, as the checkout person is more of a clerk, and may or may not be as motivated/able to take off a charge without a phone call.

Congrats on the tier upgrade!!!

20. pfunk

pfunk Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You need to rebook or you will be sorry. They will not waive it if you originally booked your room as a Platinum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.