1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Recent visits to both Ballys and Paris Spa/fitness. A comparison.

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Champster1, Oct 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Champster1

Champster1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just returned from my anniversary Vegas trip (popped the question in Vegas so we always return to the scene of the crime...oops proposal! [​IMG]

Visited Balls spa/fitness center for 2 days and on my last day decided to walk over to Mandara spa inside Paris

Gym size
    Paris is shades of brown yellow, and white. Room is rectangular and twice the size of Ballys fitness with twice as many cardios machines and bench with bar (free weights)
    Ballys is shades of blue and purple. Room is "L" shaped.
    Both fitness centers have water despensors and Paris fitness center also has lemon in their water (clear container as opposed to standard water machine at Ballys) and Paris has green apples. No fruit in Ballys gym.

Locker room
    Paris is Twice the size of Ballys locker room however be aware that lockers (mens) #1-10 are in clear view of anyone in the main hallway (nuff said ). Robes are already in your locker! Must request shower shoes.
    Ballys is smaller. Must request a robe (didn't have to in March but now you must request a robe..and shower shoes).
    Both have hot water, coffee and apples. Ballys also had trail mix and oranges! Paris has honey for the tea!

Spa area
    Paris has a room temperature tub and cold tub. A sauna and a steam room.
    Ballys has a HOT tub (very hot) tub, a room temp tub and a cold tub. A sauna, a herbal sauna and a steam room.
    Both have 4/5 showers. Ballys doesn't put shavers out (you have to request 1). Paris has shavers already on counter. Must request tooth brushes at both!

As a diamond, use of the spa was free. I also learned that as a guest you can use any facility to work out in and any spa (other than Qua)! I'm not sure if that includes Caesars gym!

Hope this helps someone down the road!!

• Informative Informative x 2
  2. smerrian

smerrian View from Bally's

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for posting! I will be staying at Bally's next month (I want to check out the Jubilee rooms) and was wondering about the spas. I'm Diamond. You stated objective statements but not subjective. Which did you think was nicer? Which did you think was more soothing (atmosphere, music)? I'm only there 2 days and thought I'd spend both at either Bally's or Paris unless they were equivalent, then I might try one day at each.

3. Vegas Erica

Vegas Erica VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congrats on your anniversary and thanks for the info comparing the two!

Easter with my Peeps
  4. Champster1

Champster1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As far as "nicer", it depends on what is important to you. Workouts more important? Paris fitness/gym has way more room, equipment, and twice as much cardio equipment. 8 t.vs as opposed to 4/5 in Ballys gym! Machines are somewhat older than Ballys however ( i e paris curl machine pads are worn through to the white padding).

Soothing spa? Ballys spa has 50% more room options and tub options, however the soft " mandarin" music in Paris spa is not evident in Ballys spa! That might have been because "Rocky" (Ballys spa attendant & part time comedian, on my last 4/5 visits) may ave just turned the music down. Beware, I love to listen to my own tunes on my phone while in sauna! At Ballys they are real strict about taking your phone/ tunes into spa area. You can't even talk on your phone in locker room!

Both sitting/ relaxation areas are similar although I'll give Paris a slightly larger edge in that department! When you walk into Mandara Spa check in (Paris), you feel like you are headed to a real spa. At Ballys you feel like you are going into a gym locker room! Oddly enough, the walk to either from Ballys is probably about the same, Ballys spa is downstairs , past their mall, past their food court and past their sports book !

Ballys locker room does not offer any sneak peaks for passer byes. Paris does ( lockers 1-10).

Hope this helps. In March I'm gonna try and visit Planet Hollywood, linq and flamingo gym again ( and report).

5. Champster1

Champster1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you Erica!!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Vegas Erica

Vegas Erica VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I should have added... I frequently stay at Ballys because I love the big rooms and location on the strip and attached to Paris. Not staying there this time but the next time I do this info will be helpful for sure.

Easter with my Peeps
  7. Aces and Eights

Aces and Eights VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always say I'm going to use the gym, but I never do.

8. Champster1

Champster1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You pay for it. Might as well get your "resort fees" worth

9. Corinne

Corinne Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for that. Will also try both in a few weeks plus Qua at Caesars. Not sure if it is worth the $20 that Diamonds have to pay to get in but want to try it for sure.

10. NY lady- MidWest Cowboy

NY lady- MidWest Cowboy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am not diamond and on my last trip I spent $50. to buy a day pass to Qua spa. It was worth every flippin penny. It's absolutely beautiful.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Aces and Eights

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Actually I get my room comped. Maybe I don't get use of the gym. I don't get Wi-Fi since I don't pay resort fees. But if I have to pay resort fees in order to use the gym, I wouldn't do it.

12. Champster1

Champster1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At Ballys gym all you do is sign in and print your name and room number. I seriously doubt those folks even checkbto see if that's the correct room! Higher level cards get spa comped. Gym is free with your room ( yes it's covered with resort fee) but I'm thinking that you should be good!

Heck if you are getting room comped, they may also waive resort fee!

13. Aces and Eights

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I do get the resort fee waived as a Diamond member, but I do not get the resort fee perks like Wi-Fi. Though it's nice to know about the gym.

14. grosx2

grosx2 Have fun storming the castle!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Why not? You should...

15. Aces and Eights

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Unless they have changed it recently, that's the way it is. Well, it was that way 2 years ago. When I go again in a couple of weeks, I'll ask them.

16. Champster1

Champster1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It has changed. Trust me (and gross). You get everything that is offered with a resort fee, without paying the resort fee! Enjoy the gym and spa ( and free wifi) during your trip to Ballys!

17. Aces and Eights

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll definitely use the Wi-Fi. I have to think up an excuse not to use the gym.

18. Champster1

Champster1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ahhhh. Now the truth comes out (-: ! Hey that's the beauty of Vegas. Do what you want to do and don't do what you don't want to do! Enjoy !!!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  19. 1LuckyMomma

1LuckyMomma High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Forget the Bally's spa and head to Canyon Ranch. I think it was $40 for the day and so much nicer. Bally's was a huge disappointment after Canyon Ranch. It didn't seem clean enough to me and the spa is old and needs to be revamped.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.