1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Aria Corner Suite upgrade worth it now or wait for check in?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by bigpoppa99, Sep 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigpoppa99

bigpoppa99 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't been to Aria in over 2 years. I booked my trip back in June. Locked in a 69 dollar a night rate. Weekend was 100. so total for 4 nights 506 including tax. I just got an email to upgrade to a corner suite for 69 a night.

Is it worth it now to upgrade or wait till I check in and ask for it. I heard that changes were made for the amneities for the corner suit. Lounge access and such. Airport transport is not included.

thanks

2. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They really know how to pick a number lol. My instinct would be $50 is a great price and $75 would be too much.

It's a really nice room. You'll be getting it for $138 / $169. Is it worth that? Yeah.

If you're really interested, I'd lock it down. You might be able to get it for less at check in, but not THAT much less, and you might get shut out.

3. BarelyHangingOn

BarelyHangingOn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I see a few people on this forum have been offered the same upgrade. Did you book through the website or VIP services directly? I am kind of interested on how they offer these upgrades out.

4. bigpoppa99

bigpoppa99 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I booked through Mlife at sapphire level back in June for this October trip. No offers just my tier discount I just checked the Aria site and the rack rate for the corner suite that weekend is 500 a night. ouch

5. Marilynfan

Marilynfan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd do the upgrade now. I never got an email offer for my trip in May so I tried for the upgrade when checking in. They had a conference and were completely out of suites. I was disappointed so I vowed if I ever got the chance to upgrade ahead I would do it. Lucky for me I did get an upgrade offer this time for my upcoming trip. It was $75/night but since the basic room was comped anyway I think it is worth it. I booked my offer through the mlife website.

UPDATE: Glad I did the upgrade just had a look and I don't see any corner suites available for my dates now.

6. sarah9nascar

sarah9nascar VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We've upgraded twice now. The first time I didn't do it in advance. They offered it for $50 at check in. We just fell in love with it so when we went back a few months later, we did it in advance at $75 a night. I love the lounge where I can go in and get quick snacks and drinks. I take them back to the room. The room has of course a mini frig bar with the high priced stuff but you also have another frig for you use that actually has an ice maker in it. I loved that. Housekeeping comes twice a day. We brought home more house shoes than we will ever get around to wearing. Both rooms we stayed in were set up a little different with all the same things. Oh I forgot to mention the heated toilet seat. Anyway, our second room actually had views in 3 different directions. Bedroom looked out on the strip with Planet Ho, master bathroom had a view of the Cosmo and the living room had a view of mountains and part of Bellagio. We are going back in December and yes I hope to upgrade.

Sema Show
  7. bigpoppa99

bigpoppa99 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I booked the upgrade. Now I hope I don't get a low floor. Thanks for the advice!

8. Marilynfan

Marilynfan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good for you! Yes, I am with you that is the only downside no guarantee of what the view/floor will be like. Since I have a fountain view booked at cosmo I will live with a mountain view this time although I have only had strip views so far at Aria. Just hope it isn't a low floor. I hope the room will blow my Mom away enough that she won't mind the longer walk to the room.

9. Marilynfan

Marilynfan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Actually someone above mentioned the different layouts. I have seen photos where they have a pole in the middle of the living area with the TV on it. Haven't stayed in one of those and would rather not. Does anyone know if those are different than the regular corner suites?

10. sarah9nascar

sarah9nascar VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's the one we stayed in last trip with the pole in the middle of the living room. It had everything in that suite as the one we stayed in that didn't except it didn't have a dining table in it but it was the one with 3 views instead of 2. 9th floor at the end of a long hallway. The time before was on the floor 34 and only had one way to turn out of elevators and was a short hallway.

Sema Show
  11. Marilynfan

Marilynfan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great. Thanks for the info. Interesting that some hallways are shorter? Good to know.

12. limpblz1988

limpblz1988 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just wondering, how do you ever get a rate like 69 a night at Aria?

13. sarah9nascar

sarah9nascar VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just gamble some at Aria. I have booked for our December trip starting Nov 30, Wed comped, Thursday comped, Friday $69 and Saturday $69. I'm not a High Roller.

Sema Show
  14. limpblz1988

limpblz1988 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow. I'm a gold member and I never ever see such good rates. Feel like I'm getting ripped off now. Lol

15. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Card level doesn't mean a whole lot. It's all about gambling; what levels you gamble at, how long, what games, etc.

I'm gold level from mainly hotel spend. I'm lucky to get a couple of free nights from any MGM property.

16. sarah9nascar

sarah9nascar VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can' figure out the system at all. I gambled tons at NYNY last November and got nothing yet I get good rates from Aria. Very disapointed in NYNY for not giving me anything when I called.

Sema Show
  17. Char1

Char1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey, sarah9nascar, you may want to call NYNY and present them the Aria offer and ask them to match it or better.

Cheers

18. bigpoppa99

bigpoppa99 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't gotten a free night at any MGM propperty. :( I used to get Sunday to Thursday 69 a night with a 150 resort credit. I havent been in 2 years and was only offered the 69 a night Sunday to Thursday and 100 for Saturday and Sunday.

19. Kobra2848

Kobra2848 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had a comped deluxe room earlier this month and received an email for a corner suite for $75 a night. Upon checkin I was upgraded to a Tower Suite. Upon checkout I was not charged the upgrade fee and only responsible for resort fee. The wife and I loved the room and thought it was a great score for a Sunday / Monday night on Labor Day weekend. I hope to stay there again in the future.

Mark

20. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey, my 7th floor corner suite had a really nice view - of the tram station :)

Good luck and enjoy.

• Funny Funny x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.