1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Not Vegas but WSOP circuit

Discussion in 'The Poker Room' started by mwig, Aug 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mwig

mwig VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got on a nice run at a WSOP Circuit tourney last weekend at Harrah's Cherokee in NC. There were a total of 2,447 players and I finished in 12th place. What a blast. I tightened up too much as final table approached. If I had played my pocket deuces from early position I would have won a monster pot with quads. Buy in was $365 and cashed for about $9,700. 1st was $108,000. Near miss for sure but fun regardless.

I'll add a couple pics via Tapatalk.

• Like Like x 2
  2. mwig

mwig VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    About a 1/3 of the room

[​IMG]

Starting stack. Two greys equal 10,000.

[​IMG]

Close to my high point with 18 left. Orange is 1k, grey is 5k and pink is 25k.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  3. Demo84

Demo84 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congrats mwig! :D im going to Vegas next week and will be playing in the circuit event. Funny how this is the first post i've seen since coming on here, maybe it'll be my lucky charm i need haha

4. mwig

mwig VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think I'm going back up this weekend to play in a deep stack tourney. I would love to play the main event but I can't get off work Monday.

5. cokeboy99

cokeboy99 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice run!! My recent run was at a Venetian Deepstack Event. $400 NLHE Bounty tournament. $100 bounties. 145 entrants, I finished 31st but had 4 bounties collected.

6. mwig

mwig VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Played in the deep stack at Cherokee. 286 players, 30 get paid. We are at 31 players and I get AA under the gun. There are roughly 10 stacks smaller than mine and I announce "I have the one hand I can't lay down in this spot, I'm all in". Guy on the button calls my all in with 3/4 of his stack and flips KK. K on the flop and I'm out on the bubble. Did he not hear me? No clue but if a safe player makes that statement on the bubble I'll give them the benefit of the doubt unless I have a monstrous stack. No way I put myself in danger of bubbling when my KK is most likely behind. Oh well, if you go out go out in style right?

I'm heading to Vegas labor day weekend to play in the main event at Planet Hollywood in the WSOP circuit event. I'm in the top 100 in player of the year points right now and would like some clarity as to weather I need to continue to focus on these events.

7. remmerde

remmerde VMB's Resident Cigar Sommelier

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So frustrating, but I guess in the long run you want awful calls like that.

I'm always surprised how many times people at the table make some blindingly obvious play that is just like turning your hand over, but someone still makes a "I don't believe you" kind of call.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.