1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Dinner similiar to SW Steakhouse? For ambiance+food

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by scc31, Aug 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scc31

scc31 Low-Roller

Looking for a dinner that'll be nice and romantic and really tasty. Could be anywhere on the strip but preferablly close to Wynncore. I alaso want to try Cut or Gordon Ramsey Steakhouse. Thoughts and opinion? Also there's several restaurants on here that people always recommend - can't recall them off the top of the head.

So far, we're staying 3 nights. Got 2 free buffets @ Wynn's Buffet for 2 days. Not sure if we'll use both of them because I like variety. I also don't know if the free buffets apply to dinner. If so, I can space it out more.

I plan on eating at Bouchon for brunch on one of those days. Not sure what else. Short trip, so would really like to get my eats worth it and not have a disappointing one.

2. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Prime @ Bellagio is very similar to SW in terms of ambiance, menu, quality and price. Carnevino @ Palazzo is probably my favorite steak place in Vegas and it's as close to Wynn as you can get...without actually being in Wynn, of course.

I enjoyed my one trip to CUT quite a bit - though the service was pretty poor - but I haven't been to Ramsay's steak place (an awful trip to GR Pub has left me gun-shy about trying any of his other establishments).

Bouchon is fantastic, both for brunch and dinner. I would definitely encourage you to have a meal there!

My Wynncore faves are SW, Tableau, La Cave, Wazuzu and Country Club (for brunch or lunch).

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Junkyard Hog

Junkyard Hog High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd rank CUT above SW (and I love SW).

4. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Delmonico would be a good choice I think. Similar in ambiance I would say. CUT is a great choice but is a much darker more modern vibe. Still romantic though I suppose.

Gordon Ramsey also has terrific food but is pretty loud and I would not call the ambiance classy.

Any of the above is a good meal,. Just saying the rest as you mentioned romantic meal and ambiance.

5. lionelhutz

lionelhutz Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    its a little further away, but Jean Georges at Aria has wonderful ambiance and I absolutely loved the NY Strip

6. iamsomedude

iamsomedude High-Roller

A place that is not Las Vegas, but I wish it was.
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Alize at the Palms. It's not specifically a steakhouse, but it has excellent French food, a relaxed environment, and a great view of the Las Vegas skyline.

7. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Prime at Bellagio is great. If you go to Ramsey's at Paris, the rib cap is a must! Give Ramsey's a try.

8. Aces and Eights

Aces and Eights VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Eiffel Tower Restaurant at a table with a view of the fountain is romantic. If Picasso is still open at Bellagio, that's another place with nice ambience.

9. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Delmonico. It's right next door and has never failed to be fantastic.

10. rje

rje High-Roller

I agree with fellow board members above on Delmonico, Prime, and Jean Georges.

11. KBT2012

KBT2012 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It would be hard to beat Prime for a romantic spot. Both Prime and Jean Georges are excellent options - same chef and pretty similar menus. I've eaten Prime twice and JG four times, never had a less than stellar experience at either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.