1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Vdara Upgrade

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Matty Ice, Aug 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matty Ice

Matty Ice High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm booked for 2 nights at Vdara at the end of August thanks to MyVegas! I received an offer to upgrade to a City Corner Suite for $40 per night. My wife and I don't spend a ton of time in the room, but it might be nice to have the extra space and possibly a Fountain view. Any thoughts on the upgrade if it's worth it?

Thanks!

Matt

2. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've actually only stayed in a city corner suite. I guess the only advantage would be if you kept different hours, where having a separate bedroom/living room would be beneficial. It was a nice suite.

3. willywilkes

willywilkes Low-Roller

I've never been to vdara but if they offered me that price from a standard to a corner at Aria I would definitely take it.

4. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would agree with you, but the price difference between Vdara's standard suite and corner suite isn't as drastic as Aria's.

5. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Fountain View would probably be an additional charge unless you have a Gold or Platinum MLife players card. Here is a review I found including photos and a video tour of the Corner Suite. I stay at VDara all the time in an Executive Corner Suite, so I can't comment on the City Suite but I can say that Vdara has become my favorite hotel. As this review mentions, you have to call down for the utensils, pots, pans, bowls, plates etc if you want them. This review says the City Corner Suite also has the washer/dryer which means you should ask for laundry detergent as well as liquid detergent for the sink. It looks like the City Corner Suite also has a full sized fridge, in which case there is a nozzle inside where you can get filtered water.

http://accroya.com/vdara-hotel-city-corner-suite-review/

6. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Assume you are upgrading from a regular room?

I would take it, primarily to have a door between bedroom and living room area.

7. the nuts

the nuts VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have done this on many trips. Always take it and when you check in try to go better than the corner suite. They are pretty good at upgrading if youre nice to the front desk people.

8. VegasTravelNews

VegasTravelNews MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looks worth the $80. to me. But I always took the upgrade.

9. jagdan61

jagdan61 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm at the Vdera on the 29th of Aug till 3 sept. See ya there!!

10. guapoxxx

guapoxxx High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd take the city corner suite upgrade then ask for the fountain view when you check-in. Obviously, those fountain view rooms go the quickest and you'll have better luck checking in mid-week as opposed to the weekend. Good luck! Charlie

Annual Golf Trip
  11. Kate

Kate Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've stayed in several room types at the Vdara. The corner suite is nice. I think most rooms there are nice and I consider it my fav hotel. My best travel tip if you are staying in the corner room, is to bring some type of clip to close the curtains really well where they meet up in the corner. There was a little strip of light that hit me right in the eye in the morning. Mine had the fountain view as well. Another tip is to walk to Aria and take the tram to the other hotels close by.

12. The Scotsman

The Scotsman Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had a Vdara suite booked last November, i was given a corner suite for and extra $10 per night.
    Happy to take it. It was a great room and the extra view and space is good, but the extra toilet room in the Vdara suite will be of more benefit when my wife and I return this weekend.

Fantastic hotel. Cannot recommend it enough.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.