1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Luxor air conditioning problems

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Candydave, Aug 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Candydave

Candydave mid-roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So we checked into the Luxor and got a nice Luxury suite for 3 nights. Had no issues with the room except the air conditioning wasn't working very good in the bedroom. We like a nice cool room to sleep in at night (around 65). We called the front desk and they were going to send someone up to change the filter, which would hopefully fix the problem. 3 hours later, we hadn't heard from anyone and I called again. Sorry, they are busy. Okay just wait and fix it tomorrow morning and we will deal with it tonight. I called again in the morning to make sure they could fix it, and they said to just come down and get another room. I go down and wait for 45 minutes while the clerk tries to get us moved. She comes back and says that they don't have any comparable rooms available. She assures me someone will come and fix our A.C. sometime today. When we got back to the room that night, it still didn't work that good. It might have been a little better, but not that noticeable. Anyways, just thought I'd share that. If you go in the summer when it's 110 out and like it cool in the room, Luxor might not be a good fit for you.

2. queuetee

queuetee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Interesting that you went from the B to L. Huge difference in quality and service. We did that years ago and hubby was screaming that we wanted to go back to the B!! I guess it is wiser to end in the better hotel.

3. DeMoN2318

DeMoN2318 The DERS

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Doesn't the luxury suite have floor to ceiling windows spanning the whole length?

4. Candydave

Candydave mid-roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, they do have floor to ceiling windows, but our room wasn't in the sun much and we kept the curtains closed the entire time we were there.

5. Candydave

Candydave mid-roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The reason we stayed at Luxor last is because we can get comped nights on Friday and Saturdays at Luxor. It's hard to find places that will comp Friday's and Saturdays, and since we were there for two weeks, we needed a comped weekend.

6. willywilkes

willywilkes Low-Roller

I stayed at Luxor in 2012 in June and felt my standard room was quite warm - my recollection of the AC controls were that they were either non-existent or poor, you definitely couldn't set a temperature. I called to complain, they sent someone up, he did check the AC out and said it was working, but that some rooms just get really hot bc of the constant sunlight and he got me moved to a different room - it was a little better but still not as cool as I liked - so I'd second the warning. I have stayed in December and had no trouble then though!

7. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    65 at night? Luxor is definitely not the place for that in our limited experience. When we stayed there in April 2015 for a night, it only got up to 72F outside that day, but our room on "max cool" was close to 72 as well! And as a bonus, our room leaked when it rained that evening! But at least us complaining about the leak got rid of the resort fee and a $50 credit to Tender because they were unable to move us.

8. billy_casine

billy_casine Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like the luxor.

9. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought 75 is too cold.
    In the winter, when the outside is 68 degree, people turn on heating in the room to make it 85.
    What is the purpose?

10. DeMoN2318

DeMoN2318 The DERS

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Who does this?

11. gotChopin

gotChopin Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Isn't Luxor just trying to keep up w their theme? The pharaoh didn't have air-conditioning in his royal chambers. Why should we ?
    Haha just kidding.
    I don't know. Last time I stepped into Luxor they had a boat ride in a river inside the hotel ..INSIDE THE HOTEL FOLKS!!
    Now this is over-the-top for Vegas! I thought.
    (Am I the only one enthralled by this?)

• Like Like x 1
  12. eksantirik

eksantirik High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    72 degrees is perfect for human body year-round. But I understand that people might have varying needs based on their body types, iron levels or just simple preference etc.

13. DeMoN2318

DeMoN2318 The DERS

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They brought in a portable river??

14. KellyLovesVegas

KellyLovesVegas Earthling/retired space nerd

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Luxor had a fake river boat ride when the resort opened in 1993. It was still there in August 1995, but at some point after that it was removed and those areas were repurposed.

• Like Like x 1
  15. gotChopin

gotChopin Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you! I knew I wasn't just fabricating that up.

16. Chairman Meow

Chairman Meow Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, I remember that ride when I went to Luxor many years ago, I also remember the dragon / wizard thing by the bridge into the Excalibur - both those hotels have been seriously de-themed since the 1990's.

17. h0und10

h0und10 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stayed in 2013 and heard about the issue before I got there so I just cranked the ac and shut the blinds, I kept the ac on max for the entire stay. It was ice cold by the time we got in each night.

18. bshowell

bshowell VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tower AC is ok, but my cousin's friends are in Pyramid and having AC issues (hotel gave them a Dyson fan).

19. RickyRicardo

RickyRicardo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stayed at Luxor back in November and wasn't impressed. The front desk at check in talked me into a west wing "upgrade"........had no idea they were sending me outside the pyramid!.......... the room and view was nothing special. Restaurants feel like chain type as the service and atmosphere is bland. I'll stick with Mirage!

20. KR_5150

KR_5150 Toss the dice, bring the cannolli!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stayed in the same room last week. Kept it around 70 and didn't have any issues, so your mileage may vary.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.