1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Changing cost of rewards

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by HuskerBB, Jul 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HuskerBB

HuskerBB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just bought the $100 freeplay from Aria for an upcoming trip now that I am inside the 90 day window. Went back and looked and noticed that 400,000 LP's is the most I have paid for a reward by quite a bit. In 2014 I got 2 premium Zumanity tickets for 168,000 LP's and in 2015 I got 2 premium Zarkana tickets for 260,000 LP's. I would have thought both of those would have a value of well over $100 - but they cost far fewer LP's.

Just an observation - not a complaint. I think it does reflect the diminishing value of the LP's over time. Like many at this point I have more LP's than I can find things to purchase although it is definitely easier when you are staying at an MGM property. I have noticed a few new things recently but do wish they would do a little more to keep it fresh. Would be interested in any non MGM rewards that people are using as my MGM ones will likely just be used on freeplay for this trip.

2. ebonecapone

ebonecapone Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How do you get so many LP's. I just started 14 days ago, and have played every day for a little while, and only have around 7-8k. Do i need to do it via facebook and add friends (currently only do it on the app linked to my FB).

I have a trip in Sept and i'd just like to get a 2 for 1 or 2 free buffets out of the deal.

Thanks!

3. WHU66

WHU66 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ebony capote, The more you share, the better the return. Basically remember it's all free, so whilst not as good as it was, play daily and you can still supplement your trip! We will be monorail, drinks at Times Square and buffets....not much but adds to the fun! Just get your points and see what return you can get

4. BarelyHangingOn

BarelyHangingOn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are you playing the Blackjack and Konami App as well? Yes playing on Facebook and adding friends is a good way to get LP's as well. You can google MyVegas Free Chips and get the codes posted everyday for free chips. If you follow MyVegas on FB they post the odd 10k free chip bonus.

5. HuskerBB

HuskerBB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I accumulated nearly all my points on facebook. Only added the mobile apps a few months ago. On facebook you just need to work to get the strip all built and then things get easier as you move up levels. Having friends there helps - mostly because you get more off the daily spin in facebook.

6. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My first MyVegas trip in 2013 the Zarkana tickets were 120,000 LP. Pretty pricey compared to my 1 night Mirage Tower Suite reward that was only 45,000 LP.

7. bigpoppa99

bigpoppa99 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How do you see the 100 Free play? Is it area located? I only see 50

8. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not everyone sees the $100 Freeplay rewards.

I don't.

I think you have to have purchased a lot of chips to be able to see some of the best rewards.

9. VegasGroove

VegasGroove VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wish PS would allow gifting LPs to others. There are a bunch of us sitting on a mountain of golds and can do barely nothing with them.

bigpoppa99: purchasing many chip packages is one way to have the $100 FP included in your set of rewards. I think there is another criteria, but not sure what it is.

10. bobby jones

bobby jones VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am thinking purchasing the chips kinda takes away from the "free" rewards aspect of it..

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. bigpoppa99

bigpoppa99 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks.

I was playing since the beginning When the prizes were good and not many restrictions. I have not bought any chips at all. Im sitting on 1.5 mill gold chips now. I guess I will use some of them at Borgatta, and Resorts World since Im based in NYC. I will still use some when IM out in Vegas in October.

Thanks!!

12. HuskerBB

HuskerBB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did buy some chips back when I was playing the facebook game fairly often. Not a huge amount - never more than $5 at a time and usually just when I got suckered in and ran out of chips when I was close to getting a big bonus. I did go back and add it up at one point and it was over $300 in total though over a couple years time. That was enough to allow me to use six MGM rewards - but if not staying at an MGM property it really gets tough to find six to use. I guess that also was enough to give me access to the $100 freeplay reward now. So admittedly it has not been a free game for me - but I also keep track of what I use and conservatively the rewards I have actually used in the past have a value of over $800 - that is figured using actually available prices for show tickets - not face values. Plus going into this trip I have over 2 million LP's to use if I can find things to buy with them. Last trip I stayed at a non-MGM property and only ended up redeeming 1 MGM reward (free cheesecake at Mirage) that trip. Shortly after that I stopped actively playing - although I still go in every day just to do the spin and clear the strip to collect chips and a few LP's. I do the same thing on the mobile app on my way to and from work every day. Have not played games on either in quite a while - but I have accumulated a bunch of chips both places so could easily add more LP's pretty quickly someday if I decide I want them.

Overall I think it is a worthwhile game - although the available benefits/rewards are not nearly what they were when I started in 2013 - and from what I have ready they were even better before then. Not too surprising that it would diminish over time I guess.

13. willywilkes

willywilkes Low-Roller

I'm really struggling to find worthwhile rewards, especially ones my partner should redeem. We are staying at MB on an offer so freeplay is out and normally I'd snatch that up. We are doing Zumanity (shout out to myvegas, had to change our date a month after booking and they took care of it no problem), and I have the whiskey tasting and Aria breakfast buffet for me but he doesn't drink or like buffets... We've already done Shark Reef and secret garden. I have one more to use and he's got two and I am at a loss as to what to go for.... Oh well, I'll take what I can get, Aria and the whiskey tasting are my favorites anyways so I'm glad the price went up so I could purchase again!

14. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey huskers, you might check Ari freeplay again. Just recently I bought a $150 for the same price. I've never seen $150 before...an extra $50 might be worth checking...

(And yes, pricey, but since I can't bundle MyVegas free rooms with mlife comped rooms, there's not as much I want outside of food vouchers. ...)

15. miniwhale

miniwhale High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How many rewards can you get? From what I have heard, those with 6 MGM rewards can see the $100 freeplay. That spend would be more like $800-$1000 range.

16. lithium78

lithium78 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I get the $100 freeplay rewards and I only spent about $50 on chips. I get four MGM rewards per trip.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.