1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Did anyone make the switch to Cosmo and what offer did you get?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by weiman, Feb 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ret070320

Ret070320 Active Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does anyone who's stayed there know what the $ spent translates to in identity points?

2. SnakeDoctor

SnakeDoctor Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's on their website. I want to say every 100 points = $1 of identity play or resort credit, and every $1 spent = 5 identity points.

3. xjjx

xjjx Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Update on my EDC trip:

I was booked on a 3-night 1 BR terrace fountain view. Upon checkin at the autograph lounge I was upgraded to a wraparound terrace fountain view, which was awesome! It was a lot of space for only two people but my friend and I both loved it! Overall, did well at the bacc tables. No complaints.

Went back this past weekend and stayed in a 1BR Terrace and did not do well at the bacc tables. What was frustrating about this trip is I lost 3800 but the computers only had me for a 1200 loss and would not comp my extra room charges for food. Like really??? How is there that big of a discrepancy?? I will probably return in the future but will always double check my ratings, win/loss in the future.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. mickeydfly13

mickeydfly13 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree that Kevin and his group of hosts are a welcome and needed addition to Cosmo. They are quick to respond, and happy to work with you (me) to match offers from similar competing properties. I really like the place and the changes are great. The one thing I don't like is the lack of earning Identity points or tier score points from playing blackjack. I had a 6 hour session of $150/hand verified by the pit boss, but got no tier points or identity points. It seems there was some confusion about earning those, but that's how it plays out. I will do my video poker and slots at Cosmo, but cards at CET or MLife, probably since you are earning there.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Marky86

Marky86 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got 2nights (although offered 3) in a 2batjroom suit with fountain views $450 free play and $250 or $350 f&b. Normally stay in sky suits at aria

• Like Like x 1
  6. donovanrs28

donovanrs28 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just got back on the 29th, stayed 3 nights. Had the wraparound, $325FP, and $125FB. I had a total of $32,000 coin-in and $1,500 in comps were earned. Basically 13% hold on Buffalo slots.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Marky86

Marky86 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I only had 22k coin in over 2 nights which I was a little shocked how low it was considering I lost my arse both nights. Haha. I don't think I'll get muxh offers from them going forward. But had lots of fun. Also I can't log on to their online site as I'm outside the UK. They need to sort that out as I imagine the UK is an important market.

8. xjjx

xjjx Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Which suite was this? Terrace? Wraparound Terrace?

9. Marky86

Marky86 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It wasn't wrap around it is 2 bathroom with big balcony. 1250 Sq ft I think

10. Crazycrue

Crazycrue Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anyone have Kevin's email address I would like to email him and see what he can do for me for xmas. We are considering going to Vegas for xmas and I think Cosmo would be beautiful place to stay and play.

11. Geogran

Geogran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Here is the original post and his email address:

12. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    see post #3

13. Drewm1972

Drewm1972 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey xjji- you mention you are a Bacc player... If you don't mind asking what's your average bet like? I never played at Cosmo but I would like to.... I'm a platinum at MGM and a Bacc is my game; my average is around $450 and up. With that in mind I wonder if Cosmo can do anything?

14. xjjx

xjjx Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My average bet is probably around 400 so I'm sure Kevin can set you up!

15. Homelessnyc

Homelessnyc MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would definitely like to hear more on this. Is this for the cosmo? If so I am guessing that 1500 in comps is more than slot play.

32,000 in coin only earns 216 dollars. If you are starting at 0. If you are earning 3x that's still 384 dollars.

Unless I am missing something big.

16. donovanrs28

donovanrs28 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    13% Hold and 35% given back as comps

• Like Like x 1
  17. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OK I gotta tray to crack the math on this. Not doubting anything Donovan said, it's just a question of how you break it out.

$32,000 on slots over 3 nights. 13% sounds about right for Buffalo, close enough.

So the theo is $4,160 (32,000 * 0.13). 35% of that is $1,456.

That is conceivably enough to cover a Wraparound for 3 nights and $450 in FP and RFB. But really just barely, I think.

$32,000 coin in would also earn between $128 / $256 / $384 in Identity Points, depending on tier.

So if he's saying his upfront comps were covered by his play, or his upfront comps were covered by his play plus using his accrued Identity Points, it sounds about right.

If he's saying he got an additional $1,500 comped over and above his upfronts, my eyes would be opened, and I'd think someone made a mistake or some info is missing.

18. donovanrs28

donovanrs28 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Covered my wraparound w/view, $325FP, and $100FB ($75 upfront/$25 backend comp). My host basically said if I switched to 1 bedroom terrace going forward, I would have way more FB to use. Had a great trip, only lost $100!

Last edited: Jul 14, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  19. 5Vegas5

5Vegas5 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can you ask at the Identity desk about daily coin-in or is that something I would need to ask my host about ?

20. Homelessnyc

Homelessnyc MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would say your host is the best bet for getting coin in and even more details like theoretical

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.