1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Best 1 night Hotel on Strip

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Tony G410, Jul 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tony G410

Tony G410 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So I'm going back for my 3rd trip this year (Sept) & I'm getting a Suite with some friends at the MGM but am getting there a day early with my girlfriend and wanted to know what's the Beat 1 night hotel to stay at on the strip? I was thinking Cosmo with balcony view of the fountains. ( side note this is her 1st trip to Vegas)

2. NJbadlands

NJbadlands PH and Cosmo October 11-15/mirage july 11-14

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is this is her first trip and it's a one night only I'd go Palazzo/Venetian simply because the rooms and amenities are phenomenal or Cosmo as you suggested (I've never stayed) due to balcony overlooking fountains plus its location relative to MGM for easier move. CAnt go wrong either way.

3. Tony G410

Tony G410 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

Yes her 1st trip but not only 1 night... We are just getting there one night earlier and we have a free place to stay at the suites at MGM Will be there for 7 days

4. iamsomedude

iamsomedude High-Roller

A place that is not Las Vegas, but I wish it was.
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would probably go with the Mandalay Bay. With its calm atmosphere, it's a great hotel to get settled in on the first night before heading to the more vibrant MGM, and it also has a "wow" factor with it being so huge and having many visual attractions. If you get there early enough, you can enjoy the great pool that they have, and for dinner, Mandalay Bay has a huge selection of great restaurants for all different price ranges. Plus, it's pretty close to the MGM and you can collect some MLife points if you play there.

5. Geogran

Geogran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cosmo terrace fountain view. Good restaurant selection.

6. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is a rough one.

Anyplace of the strip will be great for the first night. In reality, she will not even notice where you are.

There is a risk that the move to MGM could be a downgrade in excitement. Might not be worth the risk. Also, do you want to spend her 2nd day in Vegas dealing with changing hotels, meeting up with friends, dealing with room issues, etc?

You mention a suite with friends. Are you sharing the suite with just her, or others?

There are great rooms and places on the strip - with Cosmo and Bellagio being awesome for first night with girlfriend, but... you have complications.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  8. Tony G410

Tony G410 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I totally agree with both of you.... yeah we are staying with Friends in a GIANT suite at the MGM bar 2 levels dining room table ect....so that will def be upgrade to what we would get 1st night. The Cosmo fountain View keeps popping in my head. I have Marriott points and can get a room for free there.

9. Kolmeseiska

Kolmeseiska Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like a no brainer to me, especially if it's free. Cosmo is by far the best option imo.

10. BobK89

BobK89 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hard to beat a fountain view room at Bellagio with your lady. They pipe the music in on a TV channel and you can watch in your bathrobe. Jus' sayin'

11. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am thinking through this again.

Most of the trip will be with a group of people. Your girlfriend will no longer be the center of attention. Depending on the dynamics, she may not even be considered. Keep in mind I have ZERO idea what/who the group is - just a broad brush on my part.

With that said, if the first night can be all about her, go for either Cosmo with a fountain view or Bellagio fountain view. Since you are using Marriott points, make sure you can get a view room at Cosmo in advance. And a late checkout would be great.

12. Tony G410

Tony G410 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

That Is what I was thinking.... yeah Im going with my guys July 17-21 then with her Sept 7th -12th so that trip will be all about her...especially since its her 1st time. But the Group is all cool people nad she has already planned things for just her and the girls to do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.