1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

One or two resorts??

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Bamfbowhunter, Jul 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bamfbowhunter

Bamfbowhunter Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So we booked a trip for October 22-24 coming in at 8am sat and flying out Monday afternoon. I booked Sunday at Mirage for free via my Vegas. Now I am trying to decide if we should stay somewhere else sat night. Like the link or Caesars or PH. Or just stay both nights at mirage to avoid the annoying mid day move

2. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Personally I only split a stay if it's 5 nights or more. Otherwise it's a hassle IMHO

• Like Like x 1
  3. Edserv

Edserv Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Having to move can be a pain. Like vic said, maybe stay put. Moving is stressful and can take a lot of time. Good luck!

4. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't like it even I I'm staying five plus nights.
    You always waist a half day between packing ,checking out,moving,waiting to check in,unpacking,etc.
    Stay both nights at the Mirage!

Last edited: Jul 3, 2016
  5. smerrian

smerrian View from Bally's

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you move, you won't even get a full day at one hotel. I'll only stay one night at a motel if I'm 'on the road', otherwise, I want a full day in my room to just enjoy being there.

6. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We've done the "comp surfing" thing a couple of times, and yes, pulling up and moving when you're otherwise dead tired in the morning is a pain. I don't think I would do it, particularly in hot weather, unless it's free. :)

7. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No way here.

We almost always to at least two hotels. Next trip is three. But I would never, ever do less than 2 nights (probably 3) in each property.

You arrive on Saturday. They will be very busy and you may not even get a room until late in the day. (possible you could get it in the morning).

On Sunday, they have lots of checkouts, but staff is not in a hurry on Sunday to get rooms turned. Who knows what time you will get a room?

If you have not already checked rates, I would do that asap. Just checked and Sunday is $80 (free for you), and Saturday is $269. If this is pushing your budget, check out Harrahs right across the street to keep moving easy - no cab needed.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. God-Speed

God-Speed "Live Life, Live It!"

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Like other's have said, I would just stay at the Mirage. Great location, one of the best pools in Vegas and no hassle in moving!!:thumbsup:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. andyg99

andyg99 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I only did it once on a 7 night trip (first 4 at Excalibur and last 3 at Flamingo) - I think for anything less than 6 nights I would never consider changing hotels....

Vegas Trip #57
    Vegas Trip #58, Sammy Hagar
    • Like Like x 1
  10. ChickenBone Jones

ChickenBone Jones Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah splitting 2 nights is kinda rough, especially on the weekend. Not much chance of a late check-out at the first hotel and not much chance of an early check in at the second.

11. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How much can you save if you split it?

I have done the 1 night and move and it is not all that bad (but October could be busy and you'll be leaving bags at the bell desk or paying early checkin), but I'd only consider it for big savings.

12. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I once did a trip with 3 hotels in three days and I wouldn't recommend it. It feels like you spend your whole trip at the front desk. Unless there is a big incentive (comps and free play, etc) with splitting such a short trip, I'd go with less hassle and more fun. :)

13. RunningRam

RunningRam Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with others about not splitting the trip up. It's not worth it for 1 night unless you really need to save the cash. I do the split resort thing most trips but I am normally in town for 5-6 days.

Back in the no resort fee days, I would often book rooms at mgm and Caesars properties with comps and crash wherever I ended up. Don't do that anymore with the fees.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2016
    Annual Memorial Day trip with the wife at my home away from home!
  14. wanker751

wanker751 Dutch Rudder Enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah I move often 2 hotels on a 4 day trip dt/strip split but for two days nah I'd stay with the 1.

15. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ditto on all votes for one hotel. 3 nights is our minimum, and even that is a hassle if avoidable. You just lose too much of the day switching.

Whatever you decide, have a blast!

Last edited: Jul 6, 2016
  16. Bamfbowhunter

Bamfbowhunter Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I ended up booking both nights at the cosmo. $220 sat night and free sunday night in a standard Queen. I am going to try the $20.00 Trick when I check in to either get put in a standard King or see if they might put us in a Balcony room.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like a good plan! I love the balconies at Cosmo. Hope you get one. Enjoy!

18. Geogran

Geogran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sweet!! Best of luck getting an upgrade and have fun!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.