1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Tender Steak House: Luxor....$75 off of $150 or more

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by Multifarious5, Jun 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has anyone used MyVegas' Tender Steak House reward...$75 off $150 or more?

1) Any restrictions on WHAT you to meet the $150 minimum? We just wanted to use it for a nice wine, cheese and charcuterie pairing, versus a full dinner. Wine Spectator has given it solid reviews in the past for their wine list, but I was wondering if they might balk on using the credit if it's for wine and lots of fun appetizers, versus full dinner. (It says nothing against this in the fine print.)

2) Pairing it with RC comps. Also, we'll have a food comp, so usually when I do MyVegas, I use it at the restaurant, then have just them charge the remainder to the room, and the remainder is covered by RC. I have never had a problem pairing myvegas with RC comps, but I know each place can be different.

Has anyone split MyVegas and RC at Tender, and did you have any issues?

Thanks!

2. Slotchick

Slotchick High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have used the MyVegas Tender reward and charged the remaining balance to the room with no issues numerous times; and, we always use RCs to pay for what is charged to the room. As for wine, cheese and charcuterie pairing it should be fine as I can't find any restrictions stating otherwise.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. firemanpete3

firemanpete3 Low-Roller

I've always used room credits after using a myvegas reward except for this last time at Portofino at Mirage. Was told by the waiter if you used a myvegas you could not charge to room. Did not expect that.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks so much SlotChick, and thanks Horatio! Both posts gave me just what I needed. It sounds like Tender probably will just need $150 pretax to apply the credit...regardless of menu items.

Horatio, great tip on Portofino. I'll swing by Tender and ask if I can room charge with My Vegas before I redeem the voucher. If no, we'll just have a great meal and only use RC, no voucher.

Again, thank you both!

5. georgesken

georgesken Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We did A roomcharge last may after using 2 Tender myvegasrewards on A $300+ dinner. No problem whatsoever. ( except that they offered us A free dessert for our 10th anniversary and afterwards charges us $25 for it lol)

6. da1chifan

da1chifan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We used the reward in April and used it towards food and a bottle of wine (bill came to $225 before discount and tip). We were able to charge the remaining balance to our room. It was comped on the backend along with some other charges so we didn't have to use RCs.

I think you might have issues trying to pay with RCs at the point of sale, but just charge it to your room and then it shouldn't be a problem. The most issues with charging to room/using RCs seem to be with BOGO buffets.

(On a separate note, we won't return to Tender again. This was our 2nd visit. The service is always great, but the steaks are not impressive. It is a mid-range steakhouse at best and we enjoy too many of the better steakhouses in Vegas to spend the money at Tender. Although this trip it didn't cost us anything but tip. LOL However, we felt like we wasted a Vegas meal here, even if it was free.)

7. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey da1chifan, thanks for the great response! I always charge to the room if I use Myvegas and have never had a problem. BUT someone's comment on not allowing a room charge with MyVegas at Mirage made me wonder about Tender, so thank you for sharing your direct experience that it worked for you at Tender!

I was grinning on so-so steaks. That's why I was wanting to just do wine, cheese and chacuterie, and get a nicer wine, versus steaks...I was wondering about this, so your feedback was a huge help, thank you!

P.S. interesting on BOGO buffets, we haven't had a problem yet, but could have been a lucky streak. Only BOGO with room charge has been at Aria and MC, and both worked fine, but MC has been a few years back.

8. da1chifan

da1chifan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That sounds like a good plan! I would just ask when you arrive, just to be sure. As you have read, there is sometimes issues with consistency with rewards! :)

9. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not to worry, I alway double check, a policy is only as good as the person reading/operating under it. :)

Thanks again, the feedback was a big help!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.