1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Southwest Fall Sale - Savings From SAT

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by zlanga, Jun 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zlanga

zlanga High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was able to rebook my return flight (a Tuesday) from 129 to 89 this morning. I'm quite happy to have $40 more in Southwest credit. Of course this may not help everyone, but I just wanted to put it out there, you might want to give it a look. AUS prices hadn't changed, so it's one of those hit-or-miss things obviously.

USBC Nationals
    • Like Like x 1
  2. mescalita

mescalita old and in the way...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm jealous of those of you who fly SWA out of San Antonio or Dallas - we never get flights out of Austin as cheap as yours....

3. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't know.
    Flying direct both ways in October for 1. Leaving Austin at 10:45 a.m. and returning from LV at 12:15 p.m. for 13658 pts. BUT made the reservation back in April.
    We are going in November (2 of us) (Sat before T-day and returning T-day both non-stop) leaving 7:00 a.m. and returning on T-day @ 12:15 p.m.again with points for 16660 each; this reservation made middle of June. I still compare previous SWA point system that let you fly anywhere for 19,500 pts. approximately. Anytime we can go for under this and have decent times for departure we feel we won a little bit. We always try to use points so rebooking / cancelling is a breeze if needed.
    I follow what someone posted way back.....always check at least 3x week on the low fare calendar (for speed) but wayyyyyy in advance works quite well. Sometimes you can save some points by rebooking but usually less than 800 or so for us. We prefer nonstop just for the time in the air. And we prefer Austin due to travel time to airport being 30-45 minutes or so closer. But SAT is quick from counter to gate in our experiences.

4. mescalita

mescalita old and in the way...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I didn't mean to sound like I was complaining - we can usually find really good deals out of Austin. ABIA is less than 30 minutes from our house. Got non-stop RT flights for our annual October trip for under 13K points by booking early and re-booking last month. I just envy those 10,000 point round trippers out of DAL or SAT....
    :peace:

5. Kobra2848

Kobra2848 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Flights from San Antonio have seemed on the high side lately. I about freaked when my outbound flight in Sept. dropped from 8,598 points to 5,149. That's the lowest flight out I have seen in years.

Mark

6. Irishkicker23

Irishkicker23 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the heads up. Just rebooked from Boston for my September trip and scored a $54 credit.

7. zlanga

zlanga High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes it seems the SAT flight have stayed consistently higher over the past 18 months, I was truly shocked by that sale price this morning! I hadn't seen an $89 fare SAT to LAS in 4 years.

USBC Nationals
  8. Irishkicker23

Irishkicker23 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wanted to give this thread a bump because I just noticed my flights dropped in price even more. If your flying Southwest, it can't hurt to check your flights as well.

9. mkhira2

mkhira2 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I lived in Austin, I drove to San Antonio to fly cheaper rates a few times. My drive from central Austin to the SA airport was an easy hour vs 30 minutes to Bergstrom. I saved roughly $120 a ticket (round trip). For the extra thirty minute drive, it was worth it for me.

Bonus - if you have a late departure out or early arrival back, you can spend a little time in SA and make an extra mini-vacation out of it.

Also, thanks for the SWA tip. My rates have only gone up but I'll be using this in the future.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.