1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

What would our resort fees look like if the Raiders come to LV?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by bdautch, Jun 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bdautch

bdautch VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    http://deadspin.com/proposed-las-vegas-raiders-stadium-would-cost-taxpayers-1782554525

If they're floating $750m worth of bonds (!), and taxation without representation has long been permitted for funding projects through heightened hotel taxes (since most hotel guests will never care about the projects in question), what kind of resort fees/taxes would we be looking at THEN? Could Venetian/Palazzo break the $50 a night mark, this being Adelson's idea?

2. Lovegas95

Lovegas95 Too much work...need more play.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Now that's cause for concern for those of us fed up with the proliferation of fees as it is. So far, I'm still willing to pay to play. Hell, I would probably like to see a game if all this comes to fruition. But, where/when does it end?

3. BlueBellThunder

BlueBellThunder VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is nothing but corporate welfare.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Resort fees will go up independent of this. No, we will feel the burn hotel taxes and any other tax they think will only hit tourists. BTW, Vegas is being asked to pony up $500M to $750M and will get part of tickets sales, concessions or any other revenue the Raiders make. If Adelson really thinks this is a good idea, he should build the damn thing himself.

5. h0und10

h0und10 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is common practice with every city.. I know here we tax the crap out of rental cars and hotel rooms to fund our projects..

6. bdautch

bdautch VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $750 million is not common practice; it breaks the old record, held by Indianapolis, by well over $100 mill.

7. cssvt

cssvt Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Feels like I'm already paying double in resort fees just between 2012 (my first trip) and what was quoted last week for my December booking. My resort fees for 4 nights total to about the cost of my Saturday night which is a bit ridiculous...especially since they're supposed to, in part, go toward the pool which will be closed during that time frame.

Eventually something will have to change. My hope is that in a few years when Resorts World opens it will force the old timers to drop their prices at least to compete. But who knows, maybe they'll raise the prices because "at least we're still cheaper than them!"

8. spdandpwr

spdandpwr VIP Whale

why are these sorts of things even permitted? Why should the city fund non-public works projects?

9. joespoolhall

joespoolhall VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I doubt the Raiders coming to town will affect other than your hotel tax, which will go up a % or so, give or take. This is not unusual as most major cities have you paying hotel and/or rental car tax to pay for various civic enhancements. They could bump it by 5% and LV would still have the best room rates of any major city by far.

Good Luck!
    Ric at Joes

10. jbpiv01

jbpiv01 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Resort fees will be gone within 5 years. Mark my word!

11. h0und10

h0und10 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If not, do you want to cover my resort fees?? :poke:

12. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, what good is a cheap base price when you are paying 17% hotel tax? The average traveler may dismiss it but the convention customers will not be pleased, especially if the stadium is approved over the convention center expansion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.