1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Afternoon Tea-Mandarin Oriental

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Ckspores, Jun 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ckspores

Ckspores Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi all!

For the purposes of dining, I'm a solo diner on my upcoming trip.

I'd like to try to the afternoon tea service at the Mandarin Oriental. I have no problem going on my own (I actually love eating alone in Las Vegas) but, looking at the menu is seems like an awful lot of food for one person, even if I skipped breakfast and was famished.

Does anyone have experience with the amount of food included?

If it isn't worth it for one, I'll order ala carte tea and scones.

2. Bubbavegas

Bubbavegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We did it last December, having done both I would choose Petrossians again myself which we did in March, better selection, more comfortable seating and better atmosphere. Dollar for dollar even though they are about the same cost Petrossian won for us hands down, plus they don't automatically add a tip like MO did which was actually less than we were going to tip.

3. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've done both solo. Different experiences but both were good. I went to the MO for tea after a spa treatment. I didn't view it as too much food but I'm an eater. :) I did pack up uneaten treats and MO put them in a nice container. My guess is that is not uncommon. I think I had the remaining sweets for breakfast in my room the following am. :)

4. Ckspores

Ckspores Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I appreciate the responses; I have my heart set on Mandarin Oriental but I can def. put Petrossian on my list for my next trip.

I'm happy to hear that you can box up anything you don't eat; that makes me feel a little better. I don't like wasting food and if I can use some of it for a snack later or breakfast the next day, that would be great.

Thanks, again!

5. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't eaten at that one, but the menu seems typical for an afternoon tea as I've experienced them elsewhere.

Remember that most items on there will be one or two bite servings.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.