1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

To Vegas or not to Vegas?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Vegas Lover, Jun 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vegas Lover

Vegas Lover Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So here is the question, should I go to Vegas with the wife for a quick 3 day get away? Some back story... Built a brand new house about 4 months ago & are in the process of furnishing it.... still need to put the lawn in & that will likely cost a few thousand bucks. Month ago went on quick Disney trip for 4 day & have an all inclusive planned for late September. So I've got fun things planned, and don't NEED another vacation. However its cheap & I love Vegas.

I have the money & spending it will not cause me to miss a bill payment or mortgage payment. However I am financially responsible & don't like to spend more than I get in income very month. So the likely aftermath would be that I skimp a little bit in the month of July & not buy/spend money when I'm at home.

Do I pull the trigger or not?

P.S. Either way go or no go I am going back to Vegas for March Madness 2017.

What would you do?????

• Like Like x 1
  2. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You came here to ask us? ;)

My vote is - Do it! Do it! Do it! :drunk:

3. Onmyown32

Onmyown32 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do it!!!! We decided the same thing this past weekend. We have the $$ but we thought we were gonna have a no Vegas year (do some other stuff) this past weekend we were like Noooooooo we need Vegas miss it!!! So booked a trip end of July- August a week for our anniversary and my bday

4. Kolmeseiska

Kolmeseiska Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm sure you know the answer already. :)

5. Vegas Lover

Vegas Lover Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Very true!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Vegas Lover

Vegas Lover Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Same thing. We talked about having a Vegas free year, which hasn't been done in over a decade... It's been over a year since I was on the hallowed ground & bellied up to the bar for Video poker & beer :(

7. JWBlue

JWBlue VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Life can be unpredictable. When the opportunity presents itself, I would take advantage of it!

8. h0und10

h0und10 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do it and come back a winner so you can buy some goodies for the new house!!

9. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've noticed that I tend to opt for the "grown up" option when I'm undecided on whether or not I should go to Vegas. I've had some legitimate reasons to cancel some trips and other times I've done it because it didn't seem like the most responsible decision. It is those latter trips I regret not taking. ;)

I tend to visit in spring and fall when my friends are in town. I had to skip one due to a health issue. Then the next one I backed out of because there was a lot going on and money was tight and... oh.. a bunch of stuff. But when I was reading about their trip I thought of all the reasons that grown up responsibilities suck. :haha: I really do wish I had just gone. It might have been more difficult or shorter than other trips, but I knew it was "do-able". I kicked myself hard over missing out.

You're the one who has to decide what works for you. Sounds like you're itching for a trip and it's within reach for you. I wish I had brought up my indecision here because I could have used a bunch of people telling me to do it! do it! do it!

10. Sam610

Sam610 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hang on - you go to Vegas, 'skimp' a little for one month and still have another getaway to look forward to???

Maybe you should explain again why you are even asking, because I don't get it!!

Have a great time, BTW!!! ;)

11. bshowell

bshowell VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do it! Have fun!

12. Geogran

Geogran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You've answered your own question - go for it - and when you get back, if it's a month of meals at home instead of eating out, and chicken salad instead of steak, and holding off on that new furniture, where's the harm? Sounds like a fair trade off to me. And a lot more fun...
    Get thyself to Vegas!

13. DeMoN2318

DeMoN2318 The DERS

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does it feel wrong to go? Being financially responsible, do you deep down know you should put the money toward the house?

Go with your gut...the fact that you are even questioning whether to go or not should tell you that you shouldn't go

I was in a similar situation last week, had two trips planned back-to-back weekend... I know I have a few house things to do in the next few months, and spending the money on the first trip just didn't feel right, so I cancelled.

14. Onmyown32

Onmyown32 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have had too many trips (not just Vegas other places) planned the last few months financially not a problem, sneaking away from my business is sometimes a problem. But even while I'm away I work a little, so I'm never 100% on vacation. I need this unplanned Vegas trip next month, I've just been feeling overwhelmed with work

15. Texas Steph

Texas Steph A Work in Progress...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    11 to 1 say you should go.
    I'm pretty sure you're gonna make up your own mind though.
    Sometimes it's just fun to get some input from others [emoji41]

• Like Like x 1
  16. Geogran

Geogran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On point Steph!

17. LV_Bound

LV_Bound Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you can do it and carry your usual gambling budget I would do it.
    If you have to scale back I don't think it would be worth it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My opinion: Don't go.

If you have to skimp in the aftermath of the trip and not spend when at home then you don't have the money to go to Vegas.

Again, it's just my opinion. Just go if you want to.

19. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    With a new build, double what you think you will need to spend. We built our house 5.5 years ago and I swear that every time I went into a store to get one small item, I came out $500 later just on incidentals. Then you have the larger ticket items - landscaping, finishing driveway and walkways, patios or decks, fencing, window treatments, etc. I took a 6 month hiatus from Vegas after we built and I'm glad I did. $'s better spent on finishing our home the way we wanted vs skimping on finishes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will let you answer the question.

You chose to ask it here, and that indicates the answer you prefer.

Have a good time!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.