1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Possible F1 Race In Vegas In 2017

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Mikey07, Jun 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mikey07

Mikey07 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  2. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I cant imagine they would be able to put this on down the strip. You have to figure that the actual driving around part of a race event is about 3-4 days. So that means a sunday race needs the course in place on wednesday.

It will take a few days to get it set up so that means the strip will be blocked off from traffic for at least a week.

Now what about the actual race event itself. They sell tickets to these so how are they going to control that? You can stay on the strip but arent allowed to leave your hotel without a ticket? For 3-4 days? that seems a bit much.
    This doesnt even factor in the work needed for the actual street surface itself.

These are world class events like the superbowl so they cant just slap up some barriers and grandstands and thats it. Just like you couldnt just hold the superbowl at your local stadium by adding a fresh coat of paint.

This might come together at the speedway where facilities are in pace but have serious doubts about it happening on the strip.

3. deansrobinson

deansrobinson VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How does it work in Monaco?

I don't think you'd necessarily have to use the entire Vegas strip for the event, but certainly a few blocks of the strip could accommodate the event.

Here's a quick look at the 1982 Caesars F1 event in Vegas.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1982_Caesars_Palace_Grand_Prix

...and if it does come to fruition, I have a moral obligation to be in attendance. It just seems like the right thing to do. :woohoo:

4. Mikey07

Mikey07 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In Monaco they just close the roads and to hell with the locals! There's money to be made if your snout's in the right trough.

Perfect for Vegas really :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  5. eksantirik

eksantirik High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Add the "F1 race enjoyment fee" on top of your room bill, Mlife and CET will love it :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    +1

7. jamesxnj

jamesxnj VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I work with a Brasillian/American who's never been to Vegas.This would be the easy incentive to make it happen.We both guess the race will be in March or April or October November to avoid the serious Las Vegas heat.Looking at F1's global schedule,it sure appears they take the climate into consideration.Hope it happens.

8. Mikey07

Mikey07 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Aye. They hold the British GP on the day it rains the least!

9. TehRed

TehRed Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If this happens next year and its in November, i'm there with bells on. Me and a buddy have plans to visit in Novemeber and we're both big F1 fans. Would be the holiday of a lifetime.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.