1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

My First Comp!!

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Breeze147, May 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    MLife offer for two nights on selected dates. Those are the dates I wanted in July. Wow!

2. Geogran

Geogran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congrats Breeze - hope it's just the first of many more!

3. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't believe it until you actually are allowed to book it. I've had that happen enough times...

4. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, it's not booked yet. Stay tuned.

5. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's booked. As suspected by Shock, the 2 nights were unavailable, but I got 1 night comped. Mirage sent me a laundry list of charges and taxes and valet parking regulations. I'm not driving, so that does not apply.

Rush Tower prices at Golden Nugget are outrageous, but that's what tax returns are for.

$33.60 Daily Resort fee at Mirage. Other 2 nights are $35 (?, for real?) + Resort Fee. $712.32 total for Rush Tower at Golden Nugget, including fees and tax (it's a weekend). Southwest Senior fare + Early Bird each way 430.97 round trip from BWI.

This is the last year for living high off the hog. Next year I bargain hunt.

6. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not a SWA senior yet, but I know I've seen a comments here that the senior fare can be equal to, or sometimes even more than the regular "cheap" fare.

7. Camp Rusty

Camp Rusty VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Breeze.....this has nothing to do with the thread but I just finished watching the Sopranos......all along I thought the photo was you !

Or is it ?.............

Have fun and good luck !

8. Geogran

Geogran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We never use the Senior fare on SWA because they are never the cheapest - the 'wanna get away' fares are the cheapest. You may want to keep an eye on the fares, if they go down you can easily change to the cheaper fares and the savings goes into your Rapid Rewards account to be used on a future flight. I just login to SWA and save the exact same flight as booked and every day or so, login and click on the saved flight to check fares - on our last flight in April we ended up saving $52 each that we can use towards our next flight; ended up with $101 fares each way, of course we weren't flying out of BWI.. When we fly SWA fro Austin to PA we choose BWI since we always stop in Gettysburg before visiting family, and it's always more expensive than Phila or Newark.

Hope you like the Mirage, it's our favorite place for slots and we really like our host so we stay there a lot.

Wishing you big wins!

9. SnakeDoctor

SnakeDoctor Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Breeze147, I seem to recall giving us a little insight into your play, and it's very surprising you don't get unrestricted room offers. Ever consider trying a different property?

10. phantomfj

phantomfj High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you are flexible in your travel days and times, try checking out googleflights...you can filter in different ways and make it work for you (just click on the calendar icon next to your departure date), I like bringing up the price graph, it gives you at a glance the cheapest days to fly......it will also often tell you if you travel this day instead, it can save you this amount of cash....I use this to quickly find the flights I want, then book the flight directly through the airline.......enjoy your trip!

11. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe I should check in with MLife more often?

12. SnakeDoctor

SnakeDoctor Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't know if you are opposed to it, but perhaps Caesar's (CET) properties would rate you. If the issue is that Mirage/MGM won't rate you if you don't play at least 25 dollars a hand, perhaps CET or someone else will. BUT...if you are partial to Mirage and your "luck" there, I wouldn't change a thing. Winning > comps

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.