$20 Horseshoe (was Bally's)

Discussion in '$20 Trick Section' started by Sonya, Apr 28, 2015.

1. vegasnut

vegasnut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I heard though that the indigo rooms were so so...when due to no more playing slots i was downgraded in rooms i got the jubilee tower rooms..i must say the are fine( nice and spacey with a nice view on eiffetower and bellagio fontains( partially....the room i had once in caesars the view was better) they have a fridge( important..i stayed at ph once and i had to ask for it...) and its pretty up to date(saw that since my last trip the tvs are updated which is nice-> i know if you stay a few days in vegas its not that important but for longer time its handy)

2. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A bit confused...you thought you were downgraded to Jubillee? That would be an upgrade.
    Yes, Jubilee are nicer than Indigo--renovated very recently while Indigo was about 10 years ago.
    Indigo rooms are spacious, neutral decor, granite in bathroom & on desk. Luxurious? No--but neither is the price:nworthy:

3. vegasnut

vegasnut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry i wasnt so clear( my mistake)
    I never ever stayed at an indigo room[emoji3]
    The first couple of times i had normal rooms at the IP, and since than only suites(ip and paris with a suite like room in caesars) since i quit playing slots( and not loosing money anymore on my vegastrips the last 2 years) i have been downgraded to a normal( jubilee room) at ballys and im fine with that i know a lil bit how the system works(still making use in every way of my diamondcard though[emoji6] )

4. binarycool

binarycool Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am comped in a Jubilee Strip View Room, 2 Queens. Is there anyway I can even be upgraded from this? Are there any suites with 2 Queen beds? (3 people so we need 2 beds).
    Should I request a corner room? Something?

5. spdandpwr

spdandpwr VIP Whale

They have a two bedroom suite, but highly doubt you'll get this upgrade with $20.

And, for the record, the $20 has not worked at Ballys so I pretty much never do it anymore.

6. cokeboy99

cokeboy99 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I tried the $20 last fall on a Friday afternoon at 3:30pm, staying until Sunday. Upgraded from a King bed standard Indigo room to a Suite, with the $20 trick. Stayed by myself, used the jacuzzi to relax a bit each morning, and had a great time!

7. spdandpwr

spdandpwr VIP Whale

Damn! Must have had a good front desk person. Then again, I always get stuck having to get two queen beds because of guests. I really need to do a solo Vegas trip!

8. Pistol

Pistol Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I tried the $20 trick a couple of weeks ago at Bally's. I did the usual with the $20 folded with my CC and asked if they had any complimentary upgrades and was given a King Jacuzzi suite in the Indigo tower. It was a really nice sized suite and the bathroom was huge. I found the rooms to be kind of dated and in need of a remodel. It was a good size but I got a big room at Planet Hollywood just was a lot nicer.

9. huy

huy Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm heading over to Bally's next thursday through sunday and have a standard room comp'd. I've done the $20 trick at Bally's before and got upgraded to one of their jr. suites. Has anyone ever had success getting upgraded to one of the larger celebrity suites? I'm wondering if i should try a $100 sandwich and specifically ask if they can upgrade to one of the larger suites. If the celebrity suites is completely not realistic than maybe i'll just stick to the $20 and try for a smaller suite. thanks for the input!

10. mdm4sfest

mdm4sfest VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Im staying at Ballys Sunday 7/31- Wednesday 8/3 and am contemplating the $20 as the 3 nights basic room were free. I can just imagine them telling me to go to hell and then me just letting them have the $20 b/c Im embarassed.

11. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If they have room they will almost always upgrade you to Jubilee Tower.

12. huy

huy Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just came back from a trip. Stayed Thursday through Sunday (July). I had booked a regular comped room. I did a $50 sandwich, which I think was overkill given that it seemed like a slower week. I was going with a buddy and it was his first time in vegas so I wanted to give a little buffer for the success rate. The check-in woman looked new since she went back to get a supervisor. He came by and punched in a few keys. Happily asked us if there was anything else he could do for us. We got upgraded to an indigo suite with a partial view on a medium/high floor. $50 well spent and my friend was pumped about the upgrade.

Good luck to you all!

13. johnnytwofingers

johnnytwofingers Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A few weeks back I had Jubilee strip view booked, did the $20 when checking in on a Thursday, the result was my strip view room was lowest floor looking into the wall of Paris. Went that night to see if I could get moved, agent reserved me a better room and I had to call the next day to see when ready, tipped her $10 for that and then next day called every hour for 4 hours starting at 11 before being informed they'd cancelled my reservation. Sigh.

14. xjjx

xjjx Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How do they cancel your reservation when you are already checked in?

15. johnnytwofingers

johnnytwofingers Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    She had reserved an upgraded room for me, different than the one I was already in.

16. LB9

LB9 PH Blackjack Degen

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Question guys- I'm Platinum (from purely table game play) but I always get a nice Friday/weekend comp in the Jubilee tower facing the strip. I'm checking in Wednesday this time (Wed-Sat) next month and want to try a Junior Suite for once, any ideas if the $20 trick would have even an outside chance of getting such an upgrade? if not, I'll stick with asking for the strip view Jubilee tower but I hear the next step would be a Junior Suite (perhaps in the Indigo tower I think?) and would love to try.

17. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Landry--It's always worth an ask! If they are available Ballys is usually pretty good with upgrades.

18. Mattyh

Mattyh Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We'll be in Vegas 12/16-12/9 and have a standard room in Paris comped for three nights. Do you think if we change to Bally's we'll have a better chance of being upgraded to a jacuzzi room or suite with the $20 trick? I know it depends on how busy the hotel is at the time.

Appreciate your input.

19. Mattyh

Mattyh Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Also does anyone do a pre check-in through email on comped rooms and ask for a complimentary upgrade when checking in?
    On our recent trips, we pre check-in because the lines can be long (come in on Friday and only gold level on CET) so we can get our keys right away. But if the lines aren't bad, we can line up and ask...

20. hotreds

hotreds Illegitimi non carborundum!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got a comped Jubilee strip view room, I imagine there is no point in doing the $20 sandwich? I would think they're not too generous upgrading to suites?!