1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Unlocking Rewards with Chip Purchase?

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by lithium78, Mar 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lithium78

lithium78 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I purchased $40 in chips on MyVegas and I'm not seeing any special rewards for chip buyers like I've heard about like two ticket packages and two night comp rooms, etc. Anybody know what the purchase threshold is for these rewards to be unlocked?

2. Frankr163

Frankr163 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not sure, as I've never bought chips.
    But my understanding is, buy purchasing you are opening up the chance to redeem more rewards.
    Such as 4 instead of 3 per 30 days. I don't believe there is another tier of rewards for purchasers.

Anniversary Trip
  3. rcc4au

rcc4au Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They are testing new methods of releasing rewards for players, but it seems to be totally random.

4. bobby jones

bobby jones VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Isn't there some kind of regulation that would force them to advertise what you may get for the fee the you are paying? I can see it being random with the free game but when payment is made, a different story, non?

5. rcc4au

rcc4au Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Isn't that what the vague opening screen is for? Of course, it does say "free." When purchasing chips, you get whatever # you're offered, plus any LP that come with it. I guess that's all they're willing to guarantee.

[​IMG]

6. miniwhale

miniwhale High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They do advertise what you get for the fee you are paying. You get the number of chips you are paying for. Many people have spent around $50 cumulative and got the 4th reward. Some haven't. There isn't a set amount, but an general average of what people say they have spent total, the get the extra MGM rewards. The other rewards, have their own limits.

7. h0llywood

h0llywood VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will be making a $19 purchase later today so that would make it 3 total purchases for $43.00. If that doesn't do the trick, I will make another $9 purchase to put me past $50 and 4 transactions within the last 3 months so let's see if anything happens.

8. rcc4au

rcc4au Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Keep us posted! I think I bought a $39 and $19 package in the past and instantly got the 4th. Of course, had I known I could probably get away with just $50, I would have bought differently. Oh well, live and learn. Either way, I've saved way more than I spent to get that reward.

9. h0llywood

h0llywood VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When you received the 4th reward, is there some sort of notification that you can get 4 instead of 3?

10. Kolmeseiska

Kolmeseiska Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No. Just check the 2nd page to see if it's been increased. If it does, it'll be instant after your purchase.

11. h0llywood

h0llywood VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok so after 3 purchases of $10, $9+$5 (multiplier) and $19....i still only have 3 rewards to redeem. That's $38 so perhaps the cutoff to $50 will do the trick.

12. h0llywood

h0llywood VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just purchased another one today so I believe within the last 2 months I made the following purchases:

$10, $9+$5 (multiplier), $19 and $19 (today) so $62.00 total. I checked the rewards and the 4th reward has been given to me.

Nothing as far as 2 night stays though.

13. VegasGroove

VegasGroove VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just a bit of caution: partner rewards and availability of them can be minimal. Many players are sitting on a mountain of "golds" with nothing to spend them on.

However, MV has been a great supplement to many trips for many people.

14. h0llywood

h0llywood VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah I have about 500,000 LP with nothing to spend them on. Just hoping to get lucky and catch those 2 day comps at the Bellagio...which I wonder, how much did you guys spend over time to get it?

15. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The two night rewards expire on the 15th (last day you can stay). I'll post if I see more two night rewards.

I've spent maybe $60 over the course of 3 years.

16. h0llywood

h0llywood VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just spent that much in 2 or so months :-( Hopefully the 2 night rewards gets released to me.

17. Kolmeseiska

Kolmeseiska Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Keep in mind that the 2 night stays expire literally tomorrow like JoJoR mentioned above. If you don't feel comfortable spending money, I recommend you don't cause those rewards will be gone in a few hours and after that there's no guarantee that they'll be available ever again.

18. VegasGroove

VegasGroove VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Also, if the 2-nighter does come around again AND you are fortunate to snag it, you hope like heck that your desired dates are available.

19. h0llywood

h0llywood VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Comp.jpg

Whoa! Just checked and I now have it! So there you have it gentlemen...maybe $60 is the magic number?

20. rcc4au

rcc4au Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Question is, what are you going to do with that reward with it expiring todag/tomorrow?

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.