1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

The trip that keeps on giving......

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Sparky4, Apr 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sparky4

Sparky4 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

I joined VMB in January but have enjoyed reading everyone's trip reports for the past year, so here goes mine.

Hubby and I took our annual February anniversary trip from 2/19 to 2/23. We stayed at Paris, our first time in a LeMans suite, on the 27th floor, thanks to our host for bumping us up from a red room. That was our first win of the trip...there would be many more!

Friday we piddled around, playing slots at Bally and PHo, earning enough for free buffets. I tried to swipe my card in the kiosk at PHo but there was a paper jam so my voucher didn't print, hubby used a different machine and was able to print his. I stopped at the TR desk the next morning and they were able to print mine. Friday night we ended up in the champagne slots in Paris, playing the $5 top dollar machine. At 12:01 hubby hit a bonus. He didn't get a hand pay, but that put him up for the night. I, of course, was down as much as he was up.

Saturday morning we used our $100 diamond voucher for the Bacchanal buffet. After breakfast we puttered around in the high limit slots playing the $5 top dollar machines. I wandered off a minute and when I walked back in, he was standing next to the machine and points at the 1000 credit that was lit up. I had dollar machine in my head so I was thinking $1,000, he said no, $5 machine, $5,000! First hand pay and W2G for the trip. Next stop was Bellagio, he hit the $5 top dollar and I hit the $1 top dollar machines. I cranked through a few hundies with no luck and I look over and he's smiling, he'd gotten a bonus, $1,700 this time. Hand pay and W2G number 2 and it's not even noon! He's on fire. We'd read so much lately about the Cosmo's new high limit room so that's our next stop. He finds a $5 top dollar and I sit at another one. Again, I burn through a couple of hundred with no luck, meanwhile he's getting bonus after bonus. No hand pay but he takes $1500 away from that machine. This was all before about 2:00. We slotted around PHo, Ballys and Paris the rest of the afternoon and evening. I ended up being down around $2k at the end of the night, hubby, well let's just say he was up, WAY up. He earned 2500 TCs so he got the 5000 bump, I earned 1000 TCs so I got the 1000 bump.

Sunday morning we head to PHo to use our buffet vouchers. After breakfast hubby suggests we go to the high limit room and tells me to put $100 in the $5 top dollar, $15 max coin in. I put my money in and spin til I'm down to $10 left in the machine. He gives me $5 to put in so I can have one more pull, boom, bonus. $3,800, thank you very much, I'll take it. MY first hand pay and W2G if the trip (and only my 2nd one ever, last year at Aria was my first). That puts me back up for the trip! Off to watch our niece in a softball tournament at a park WAY out past the airport. We took our first Lyft ride back to Paris, way cheaper than the cab out there and it was easy. We'll use Lyft again I'm sure.

Anniversary dinner Sunday was at Mastro's Oceans Club,one of our favorites. It didn't disappoint, although we need to remember that we can order half portions of their sides...not so much waste. If you go, you have to save room for the warm butter cake. After dinner we slotted around awhile and ended up at Paris in the Champagne slots. He was at his favorite $5 top dollar and was playing, but not doing much. At one point he's sitting at the machine and one of the slot attendant asks him if the machine has gone cold and he said no, I'm waiting for midnight so I get a bonus. He looks at him like he's crazy and at midnight he hits the spin button and boom, he hits a bonus. At the end of the night we had both put 1000 TCs on our cards so we got the 1000 TC bump.

Monday after breakfast we went back to the high limit room in Caesars to see if lightning would strike twice....it didn't. We really enjoyed the Cosmo's high limit room so we went back over there. We had both gotten an email from Cosmo after playing there on Saturday, come back within a few days for some free play, $20 for me, $30 for him. We had it loaded, he went to the $5 top dollar, I went to the $5 4x cherry. I cashed out at $400, went to show hubby my TITO then went to cash it. Took $100 and went back to the same machine and hit something with the 4x cherry on the line and won $1000, I think I ended up cashing out at $1300.

Time to learn something new, I take hubby to PHo to teach him Criss Cross Poker. I bought each of us in for $100. He won a couple of hands, I ended up buying in for another hundred. He decides this game is too slow so he gives me the chips he has left and says to give him a green chip, he's going to win me back my buy in. He walks around the corner to the roulette table, a minute later he brings me back 2 greens. Then he says give me another, then comes back with 2 more. Lather, rinse, repeat! He hits his color 7 times in a row, then the 0 breaks his streak.

We head to Burger Brasserie for dinner, after we eat we go back to the high limit slots in Ballys, I'm playing a 3x 4x 5x $1 machine, not winning a lot so I slip a hundy in the $5 machine next to me but was only playing $5 a spin and I hit a 7 double diamond double diamond and win $1600, another W2g for me! Nice end of the day, nice end of the trip.

Up at 7:00 a.m. to finish packing. We cleaned out the safe, hubby was still WAY up for the trip...and a first for me in a VERY long time...I was up for the trip! We really had a great trip. We both finished the trip with enough TCs to be diamond in 2017, so we could be at aspiration level one by the end of the year.

Happy birthday to me!
    Let’s check Garth off my nieces bucket list!
  2. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice report! Your husband was definitely on a roll that trip! I love how he kept coming back to you after hitting at roulette. :evillaugh

And good luck next weekend!

Kicking off the Trip with Two New Hotels to Us!!!
  3. Loverboy

Loverboy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice....luck was with ya...

4. Sparky4

Sparky4 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks. This will just be a short trip, but I hope it's lucky.

Happy birthday to me!
  5. journaljim

journaljim Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great report and congrats on the hits!
    How did you like Criss Cross Poker? I read about it on Wizard of Odds and thought it looks to me like an expanded Mississippi Stud, is that an accurate assessment?

6. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Way to go! What a great trip. Time to start planning the next one.

7. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice report and congrats on the hits!!

8. dbueler

dbueler High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congrats! Thanks for the TR, I really enjoyed it. I also tried Lyft and Uber when I was in Vegas last week, I'm a fan. My fares were usually half of a normal cab fare and no BS to go along with it. Bet you're planning your next trip!
    diane

9. JennAndRob

JennAndRob Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    way to go! nice report!

10. Sparky4

Sparky4 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've played Criss cross twice and I like it. I've not played Mississippi stud but I've read about it and it does seem similar. It's a bit slower because you have the across bet, the down bet and the middle card bet.

Happy birthday to me!
  11. Candydave

Candydave mid-roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow, sounds like a great anniversary trip. Congrats on all the wins.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.