1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Are weekends ever available for MyVegas rooms?

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by bombsaway1945, Apr 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bombsaway1945

bombsaway1945 Newbie

Hopefully I am posting this in the correct spot, but I've noticed a common theme for the two-night comped stay rewards for the hotels, and that is that Sun-Thurs is all they seem to offer on the calendars (The one-night comped stay specifies Sun-Thurs, the two-night stays have not noted this). Was this something they used to do and they just don't do it anymore, or? Thanks in advance! :wave:

2. 63hearts

63hearts Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think it depends on the hotel and your play. I got comped at plaza for memorial weekend, is that good bad?

3. eaglejohn

eaglejohn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    myvegas has not had weekend rooms available since april 1, 2015 when they changed the comps from 3 nights to 1 night.

4. JCLND

JCLND Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As 63hearts said it depends....I get weekends to 75% of their properties and ocassionally get weekends to the other 25%. One thing with CET do not rely simply on mailed or emailed offers. Go online and Check your dates.

5. smerrian

smerrian View from Bally's

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Weekends are always available if you play merits it. But because there is so much more demand for weekend rooms they don't have to promote them. Filling the hotels on Sun-Thu is the true effort. Don't most working people that go to Vegas for a 4 day vacation want to go Thu-Sun or Fri-Mon to take advantage of only losing 2 days of work?
    I have Fri/Sat comped at Paris and the following weekend Fri/Sat comped at Gold Coast next month. If you play more, they'll be comped for you...but don't play more just for the room, it isn't worth it.

6. lionelhutz

lionelhutz Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think everybody who has replied is talking about regular comps from different properties.

If I've read it correctly, the OP is asking about the 2 night room rewards from myVegas, and if those are available to use on the weekend.

to answer the OPs question, weekend nights haven't been offered for a couple of years, although Friday ones have popped up from time to time.

7. bombsaway1945

bombsaway1945 Newbie

Thanks to all that responded, very informative and helpful! :nworthy:

I'm actually kind of steamed that they got rid of 3-night comps.. I'd only been playing the last few months, but I was told they had some pretty amazing deals up until recently. :cry:

8. fugsworth

fugsworth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, the rewards used to be much better-- in the early days, you could even get bottle service at the Aria or two nights in a suite at the Mirage. They've scaled back over time because 1.) the game's success at drawing new people into the resorts has exceeded their wildest dreams, and 2.) most of those people are deal hunters who aren't spending the kind of money the hotels were hoping for.

EDC
  9. eaglejohn

eaglejohn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think I replied correctly in post #3 and as I said they went away april 1, 2015 not 2 years ago

10. jtdestef

jtdestef Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I saw someone post a calendar either on here or TA for their 2 night reward. The one I saw had multiple weekend nights available. It wasn't every weekend, but there seemed to be a lot more options than just the one night. I don't know because I haven't gotten the two night reward yet. They could have scaled back since I saw it as well.

To answer your question, I think there are opportunities from time to time, but for the most part the weekend comps are gone.

11. lionelhutz

lionelhutz Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    very true.

a lot of the other responses were dealing with regular comps though :beer:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.