1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Extra guests in a room at Planet Hollywood

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by jacmrose, Feb 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jacmrose

jacmrose Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So me and three of my friends are heading to Vegas in a few weeks and are staying at Planet Hollywood. We only said there would be 2 people in the room because its way cheaper but is it possible to get extra keys for the other two people? Like if I go down to the guest claiming to have lost my key would it cancel my old key or would it still work?

2. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would just ask for 4 keys at check if thats what you want.

3. jacmrose

jacmrose Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok I wasn't sure if they would only allow me to get two since we only booked two people

4. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nah, they usually ask how many keys you want at check in. Some people like an extra key or 2 because they have a bad habit of misplacing them in the room. I usually get 3 even though we´re only 2 of us staying in the room.

5. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hell, I usually get 3 even when it's only just me. Now, if you were putting 6 people in a room where you said it was 1, that could raise some flags, but you should have no problem getting 4 keys for 2 people.

6. Corinne

Corinne Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just remember that if their names aren't on the room res and they lose their key they won't get back in the room. Stay together and be in phone contact just in case a key won't work and no one will be any wiser.

7. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, its always good to have a spare or two. Its not only misplacing a key, sometimes those little bastards just stop working for no apparent reason. If they really want to know how many people that stay in the room a quick check in with housekeeping would be much smarter then going by how many keys a guest gets at check in.

8. Kolmeseiska

Kolmeseiska Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just out of curiosity, why do the hotels have that $30 per person extra charge for 2+ guests in room if they don't care about it? Seems weird.

9. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Who said they don't care? I just answered the specific question regarding how to get extra keys, they certainly don't care about that. Whether they care or not if there is more people staying in the room then its supposed to, i´m sure they do but have no idea if they try to enforce it or not.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2016
  10. MG72

MG72 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sort of in the same boat. Luxor Queen Suite 2 are registered but last min 3 of the wife's friends are going (females). during check in of course they wont be at the desk but I'm kind of doubt they watch you till you reach your room. I HOPE they don't.

11. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So you and your wife booked a room and 3 of her female friends decided to go with you guys and stay in the same room? I think you owe us a trip report on this one.

12. MG72

MG72 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

Lmao!!! Yep, She knew I was going to be doing my own thing with the Iron Maiden concert and all the pre parties. I'm hoping all go's well.. Lol.. :kiss: " Pix will be extra" lol.

13. Kolmeseiska

Kolmeseiska Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My question was more of an overall comment, didn't really mean it as reply to you or refer to you in any way. I've just seen this particular situation being asked around the internet and it really seems that no one ever pays the extra charge but ask for more keys. The front desk agents must know what's going on but probably just couldn't care less.

14. Loparo34

Loparo34 Low-Roller

If you have 2 extra people I don't think they care that much, the know those 2 people will gamble way more than 30.00 at the property majority of the time.I put 2 people and we have 3. I didn't even think about it when i booked it but they honestly don't care. But if you have 6 people and say 2 then thats a little diff.

15. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have no idea of the statistics regarding how many pays the extra fee or not. Im not even sure what type of trouble you can get into, either way i would just pay because its the right thing to do but to each and their own. Having said that i would guess that in Vegas this is a much more common occurrence then in any other city due to the size of the resorts and being a party destination.

16. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Rates are always based on double occupancy. If there are 4 of you they want you to book 2 rooms or at least pay extra for having more than 2. They also know lots of people put more than 2 in a room without paying. But it's a Don't Ask, Don't Tell thing. You'll have no problem getting 4 keys. As said earlier the other 2 won't be able to get into the room should they lose their key or leave it in the room.

17. deansrobinson

deansrobinson VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm sure, given that it's Vegas, there is considerable flexibility once we depart the front desk. The only thing that creeps into my noggin is the liability issue for persons staying but not registered guests of the hotel. Not a lawyer, and have never played one on TV, so I'm not sure that's even a risk (thinking in terms of catastrophic or high-dollar value ventures). How would the "we have no record of [insert name here] registered at this hotel, and as such, uh...hmmm...you're on your own" work out?

In my younger days, the "pack" did the same thing, but it never occurred to us to ask for extra keys. We just ran together all the time.

18. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think you'll be fine. It's a pretty common thing in Vegas to put an extra person or two in a room.

19. Kolmeseiska

Kolmeseiska Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Exactly what my original post was about above. This really seems like the only optional charge there is in Vegas which makes me wonder, why have it in the first place if they don't care about it. Just to see if someone falls for it?

20. Peachiekeehn

Peachiekeehn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They do care because there is a fire code. There's a limit to the amount of guests they're allowed to have based on the fire code. To the OP, just be aware that bed configurations are not guaranteed. You may book a room with 2 queen beds and end up with one king instead.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.