1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Flying Delta Comfort

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Chicken Dinner, Feb 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chicken Dinner

Chicken Dinner Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Boston - NY - LV early afternoon and evening.
    New experience for me. How many free drinks can I ask for before I either can't make it off the plane or get cut off? I don't want to be that guy but gotta take advantage, right?

2. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've flown Delta first class out of Atlanta a few times. The worst was 3 cocktails and the best was 6 mixed drinks and a glass of wine with dinner.
    Typically, the stewardess was quick to ask if I wanted a refill when my glass got empty.

3. tfcoach72

tfcoach72 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just ask. I usually get 2-3 to and from ATL in C+ seating. They will cart 2 times, but just go to galley if you want another or flag 'em down.

I really like this place!
  4. miniwhale

miniwhale High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They usually come by Delta Comfort pretty frequently. They will come around twice with their picked over snack basket, but better snacks than the usual pretzels, peanuts, and cookies. You also get free movies.

5. bedaniels

bedaniels High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm flying delta comfort next week for the first time from atl to las. What are the free movie offerings, can I use my Bluetooth head phones to hear the movies, do I need corded headphones, or are headphones provided? Thanks

6. SH0CK

Trips to Las Vegas:
  7. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not entirely relevant but I was on a SWA flight to Vegas out of Philly and sat next to an older gentleman. He ordered a Bud Light and two vodka tonics when the FA first came around at 9am. He sucked them down and ordered 3 more cocktails. Guess I'm just a lightweight. Don't want to get arrive in Vegas and have to sleep off the plane ride.

8. grosx2

grosx2 Have fun storming the castle!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last time I flew Delta (last summer), headphones were complimentary for first class and comfort plus, and a few bucks for people in coach.

9. KnowItAll

KnowItAll VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Delta in my opinion is going downhill as far as customer service goes

10. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bluetooth? You would then have to pair with their system, which of course would be an issue. You can bring any headphones you want that plug in, including those that come with your smartphone.

11. h0und10

h0und10 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    you can pack as many of those "mini one shot" alcohol bottles as you want in your carry on or personal bag.. like the 1.5 oz that are basically samples to get you to try their brand of liquor. pick up some of those before the trip. i just did this and packed 10 ounces of liquor and was already pretty buzzed. TSA guy just chuckled and said good luck not dying on the plane lol

12. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just an fyi. It is against the "policy" for most airlines to serve yourself onboard. Still, many do it and are fine. As always, keeping it low and being less than $hit faced helps.

13. SH0CK

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We did this on a trip a few years ago. You just have to put them in a quart sized Ziploc bag like you would toiletries and take them out so they can be scanned and seen by TSA. They also have to be under 3.4oz each, which means you can get about 6-10 in a bag per person... as long as you didn't pack your toiletries in your carry on ;)

14. wigwam_salesman

wigwam_salesman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In my experience any airline offering free drinks doesn't give a crap how much you have as long as you're not being a pain in the ass to anyone around you.

We have drunk a plane out of wine before now without being cut off. I'm sure they had a few bottles in reserve for paying customers but it can't have been because they didn't want to serve us because they gave us beer instead.

15. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa Front Line Winner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pretty much! If you can hold your booze and not be that guy trying to open the door mid-flight or smoking in the bathroom you'll be fine

A friend and I drank all the beers on one flight to South America once. Well we left them with Heineken's but everything else was drained.

16. Riders

Riders High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I fly Delta all the time. Always upgraded to Comfort + or First. (Yes, I fly a lot). I have done my fair share of power drinking on flights and never been cut off. It is all about behavior and not amount. Flights out of ATL are never that long domestically, so bev service in C+ is once maybe twice. I would order doubles and as mentioned above, you can flag them down for another if you are polite.

As for movies, it will depend on the plane. If it has personal screens, then you will get a great selection in C+ and they will give you the cheap headset but I would bring my own. You can also watch using the Delta Entertainment app through Gogo on you tablet or phone.

17. wigwam_salesman

wigwam_salesman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    FWIW, delta usually have some wine readily available in the galley if you ask for it in between cart services.

18. Riders

Riders High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agreed and if you are nice (not demanding) you can usually get them to give you a couple hard liqueur bottles. Now... if you are acting like a jerk or really drunk, they will give you a number of reasons why they can't serve you.

19. Leeza14

Leeza14 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We just flew Delta in Comfort+ and got ONE drink. The cart came once in a 3+ hour flight. We were not happy campers. Service was terrible. I think it must depend on your flight crew, and we got a lazy one. The flight was smooth all the way, so that was not an issue with the cart not coming down the aisle. The headphones, however, were offered and were complimentary.

20. robxj

robxj Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just flew Delta Economy Comfort from LAS-MSP. I don't drink on airplanes but the guy next to me had 3 double jack and cokes. They gladly brought him 2 Jack Daniels minis each time he requested during the 2 1/2 flight. It was an awesome cabin. Very comfortable seats with a very large TV built into the seat in front of your. TV had hundreds of free movies and TV shows and also had about 30 channels of live Dish TV. I would highly recommend paying the little extra add on fee for the economy comfort seat. You also get to board early and are one of the 1st people off the plane at arrivial. They also passed around a snack basket a few times that had bags of sun chips, fruit and a bunch of other good snacks as opposed to just the small bag of peanuts and pretzels.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.