1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Wynn Comp Question

Discussion in 'Comps' started by stijn831, Jan 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stijn831

stijn831 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know this is very specific information but wanted to see if anyone had a similar situation in the past.
    So last time we were at the wynn we got pretty lucky and earned a lot more points then we normally do.

We played on two different cards and mine has been the standard 2 free nights + a third night on select days + freeplay offer which we usually get.
    My wife played on a different card and she has gotten 2 separate offers so far.

One is for 3 nights + 750 free play the other is for 3 nights + 600 freeplay + an additional 600 freeplay if we earn 25k points.
    Both offers say to contact a host. Now we were definitely planning on using the 3 nights + 750 as that one is valid till june 31st, the other offer is between february 21st and march 31st. We were not really planning on being in town those dates but might make a quick stop.

However I fear that if we use the first offer and our play does not meet their expectations then the second offer (3 n + 750) will be removed from the account.
    Are my fears correct? Or should we just use both of them?

Thanks in advance if anyone can shed any light on the situation

2. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No one will be able to give you a definitive answer as to whether or not this particular offer might be rescinded. But all offers have fine print, unfortunately. So it's entirely possible - but far from certain - your fears are well founded.

That said, unless the second trip is completely dependent upon the offer still being available, why not just chance it and book both of them? Worst case scenario is you get one trip with a generous offer and one trip with just your "normal" level of comps.

3. ngrund

ngrund High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    does anyone know if Wynn charges resort fees on comped rooms?

4. blue227

blue227 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My experience has been that I don't have to pay any resort fees at the Wynn if my entire stay is comped. However, I have to pay for resort fees for the entire length of my stay if it's made up of both comp nights and nights that I pay for the room out of pocket.

5. Bondy3

Bondy3 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You should expect to pay the resort fee and if your play warrents it they will take it off the back end

6. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In a dozen+ trips, I've never been charged a RF on a comp'd room. YMMV, of course...Things do seem to change quickly in Vegas.

7. stijn831

stijn831 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the help. Guess we'll book both offers and see how things go. Worst case scenario the second offer gets rescinded like you said, best case scenario we get enough play to warrant both offers.

8. ngrund

ngrund High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    - - - Updated - - -

thanks, we're just staying for the period of the comp, so we should be good

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.