1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Elton John at Colisseum ... is 2nd Mezzanine OK?

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by mafig, Jan 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mafig

mafig Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've read that all seats are OK in the Colisseum.

Can someone who has attended a show there tell me if it's worth $40 p/p more for the 1st Mezzanine vs. the 2nd?

To go even further, how does 2nd Mez. 7, row C compare to 1st Mez, Row B?

2. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    IMO all seats in the Colisseum are good. We've seen Elton from the very last row of the upper mezzanine and still had a great view. Personally I'd spring for the lower seats because there will only be one row between you and the stage.

3. Funkhouser

Funkhouser In Charge of the Big Door

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ooh, I saw Elton John for The Red Piano show and sat in 2nd Mez. I was not crazy about the seating. Acoustics were great and there were a bunch of show props, but I think its too far up.

Here's what you can expect to see from those seats. imgp0001-deel-2-8.jpg

Having seen Celine multiple times both on the floor and 1st Mez, the view from 1st Mez is so much better. I would spend the extra $40 if this is a big event for you. If its a night out with some friends, drinking, and having casual time. Skip the seats and spend the money on dinner. You can get a DVD of the show.

4. Tammy58

Tammy58 Frugal Slot Jockey

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not trying to hijack....but I am looking at this show also. Our seats at PH for Jeff Dunham were so skinny that we were uncomfortable. How are the seats in the Colosseum? Normal or extra skinny like PH? I'm trying to decide between those 1st and 2 nd Mezz seats also due to price savings.

5. Funkhouser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They are pretty comfortable, given that the venue has just over 4000 seats. I have sat in all levels, with the ones on the floor seeming to be the largest (my perception) and the mez seats being slightly smaller, maybe a half inch?

Here is a link to the seating chart: http://www.thecolosseum.com/venue-info/seating-chart

Guest services could give you the exact dimensions, you can reach them at: 866-227-5938

6. mafig

mafig Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

My concern is that the 1st Mezzanine seats are not that good as far as I can tell. .1st Mezzanine 7 is still off to the side, and it's on the right hand side of the theater. I've read (I hope correctly) that the view will be looking at the piano, then Elton's head.

Perhaps I can call and get some more choices. The Caesar's website only gives one choice. I hope that doesn't mean that's all that's left

7. Funkhouser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's still a pretty popular show and the set list for million dollar piano is so much better IMHO. Truth be told on the floor in the first 10 rows is where you want to be for Elton. There is so much visually that goes on with the screen and he used to let folks come up on stage for a select set of rows.

If I were to go see him again I would want to be on the main floor. The ticket prices are pretty high to get a so so seat. If you look at the seating chart link I posted you can see what different stage views will look like. There are also a large number of videos on YouTube of million dollar piano to give you an idea. Lastly the seats in 2nd mezzo are waaaaay steep. They did that to maintain the stage distance to a max of 120ft.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.