1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Grazie - Tier Match

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Riders, Jan 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riders

Riders High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looks like I will be at the Venetian for a show in March. I have booked a few rooms there and fine with paying the reduced rate as I haven't really played that much at V/P.

However, I am trying to decide if I want to start giving them more play. I am currently MLife - Platinum and CET - Diamond (1).

I wanted to know if Grazie would, at a minimum, bump me up to Gold for my next trip and if I don't give them the play to maintain that level, they could bump me back down.

Has any ever heard on this happening? If so, was it through a host? recommendations?

I understand starting at the bottom but I just hate to do it with so many other options in Vegas.

Thanks in advance.

2. CalifLovesVegas

CalifLovesVegas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm in same tier level boat as you.

Got Grazie match YEARS ago.... I don't believe Grazie does Tier match anymore? But not positive.

Gold level Grazie, I have never let go thru past decade. I can usually renew it within 2 trips per year.

My First V/P trip for 2016 is this wknd. I also utilize the Salon, and charge to room for the Points.
    So will be halfway to Gold again soon. lol

Good luck. I think Grazie Gold is worth maintaining, if you are able to get it.

3. 5Vegas5

5Vegas5 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Contact a host from their website and ask about a tier match of at least gold. What he/she will do is get your card information and reach out to contacts at those locations and inquire about your play. From there he will make a decision on upgrading or not. In my situation since I had never gambled there I just asked him for a gold tier level. After checking with the other hotel he called me back and said everything checked out and he would be matching the room, rfb and free play offer from the other hotel. Call a host, nothing to loose.

4. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They guy at the booth told me they didn't do any matching other than if you had status at one of their other properties such as in Macau.

5. 5Vegas5

5Vegas5 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The other offer that they matched was in no way associated with the Venetian. That said, I'm platinum at the other hotel so in reality they didn't match my tier level.

6. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Matching an offer != matching tier status

7. 5Vegas5

5Vegas5 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    :confused2:
    :)

8. CalifLovesVegas

CalifLovesVegas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Card Matching......giving you a Gold level card for a year, is what Ven/Pal used to do.

Yeah, maybe Ask a Host if they will give you an Offer similar to a Gold level offer on a Temp basis?

Can't hurt to ask. But as far as Tier Card matching, it doesn't appear they do that anymore.

9. Riders

Riders High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the input. I might try to find a host there and see. I am not looking for them to match my other others or RFB just bump me to gold for the trip. Then if I warrant offers/tier level I can use that on my next trip. I have 5 rooms booked there in March and that should cover a good bit of the tier points I need.

10. Grid

Grid Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I tried this at the tail end of last year. I asked in the high limit room and i was told no. Thinking they might has just dismissed me since I was only Diamond with CET (who isnt) but I also had my Mlife Platinum card in hand. i asked at the booth. And they told me they no longer tier match. So no from the hosts office and no from the booth as of last October (2015)

11. FuzzyDiceCraps

FuzzyDiceCraps VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We just tried doing this for our friends who are Vegas vets but new to grazie. They are joining us next month and rather than staying at different properties (they currently have a comp offer at aria), thought they might do palazzo. Spoke directly to my host. He said they don't match tier or offers but he would look at play for back end comps of course.

Honestly grazie gold is so easy to get we always get it in one trip, and while we love vp, the grazie program really doesn't get you that much especially when you figure points for room charges only go toward status level. While I rate palazzo my favorite property, grazie is lacking.

12. Riders

Riders High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the info. I am not going to worry about it now. I will give them some play and see what happens.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.