1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

LAS Monday Morning Departing

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by FuzzyDiceCraps, Jan 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FuzzyDiceCraps

FuzzyDiceCraps VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm curious as to how bad LAS typically is on a Monday morning. Historically we leave in the evening and give ourselves plenty of time at the airport, which we fill with drinking and/or last minute gambling before heading out. This coming trip we have to leave Monday morning at 9am. I've scheduled our limo from the Palazzo for 7 am....is that giving us enough time? Seems like its always been an hour tops from hotel to gate leaving mid-afternoon. Wasn't sure if Monday morning would be crazy busy or not?

Thanks!

2. Scottndindy

Scottndindy High-Roller

Depends on the weekend. A random monday usually isn't terrible unless there was a convention or major attraction that weekend. An example would be the monday after Superbowl sunday you will want to allow extra time. The other question is are you flying domestically. Leaving Palazzo at 7 for a 9 am departure on a domestic flight should be fine.

3. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    2 hours is crazy to me ever let alone allowing more time. :eek:

I leave the hotel an hour before my flight.

4. natedog666

natedog666 17 and 20 Expert

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think if curb side check in one hour from the MGM side is fine, 1:15 from the Wynn side of the strip.

My daughter forgot her laptop this trip and Wynn had to limo it over, so even with that extra trip 1:15 was ok. Just remember curb side check in with a tip...

5. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree. The limo will have no traffic getting you there and TSA should be actually awake by 7. They will usually have an alert as you arrive if they anticipate a time where they expect to be slammed and want people there earlier for screening.

6. CalifLovesVegas

CalifLovesVegas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Your timing sounds Fine using Limo, since Limo parks on Zero level so you don't get the madness
    of cars dropping off & taxis......

I use 2 hours for me so I have time to return rental car, and as long as I have TSA PreCk.

Without Preck? I allow an extra 20 mins.

7. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not true on the return trip. All limos we have ever taken 40-50 or so, always drop off in the same area as the cabs, drivers etc. Ground zero is only used for departures.

8. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you're not checking bags, the limo can (should) take you to zero level and you can go straight up the escalator to security.

I usually have a bag to check but when I don't, that's they only way to do it.

9. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OK, we always check luggage and I guess that's why we have never experienced that.

10. FuzzyDiceCraps

FuzzyDiceCraps VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the replies all, 2 hours has always been a bit of overkill for us, we normally end up with 45 minutes or so to kill off, and end up grabbing a bite and some drinks.

I'd love to schedule less time, I'm just a bit paranoid about missing a flight. Since I tend to fly back on my last scheduled day of time off with work (maximizing vegas time), it doesn't leave much margin for error. Ha.

11. LoveDowntownVegas

LoveDowntownVegas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We always to 2 hours (or less) from the hotel and have never had an issue. this year we flew out on MLK day and that was a pretty big weekend. Security lines were long, but still no issues.

I have never done this but I will going forward. Excellent tip!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.