1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Used Lyft First time arrival NYE Vegas...

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by JJLV, Jan 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JJLV

JJLV High-Roller

Frozen Tundra. Desert dream died with him.
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    It was fantastic! Highly recommend. We arrived at LAS 10:30AM so was early but was so smooth. I have 10 ride - 5$ off coupons each ride and the ride with the 5$ off from LAS to Flamingo was 6.53$! What a deal and fast!! No tunnel worry :) We gave a 5$ tip. So $11.53 all in with that tip.

Yesterday we left from Bellagio at 11AM. Was busier with the CES goings on. A bit of surge charge. Bellagio to LAS charge with another coupon was $14 this time. Another 5$ tip so $19 total but slick, and fast as we watched the Taxi line just grow and grow we were out of there. Super Nice drivers both times too.

Just wanted to share for any one as we were that never used ride share services before. It's great so do it:)

2. FunkyJ

FunkyJ Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will probably give Lyft a try next week. I was curious about where drivers would pick you up from hotel. Obviously somewhere other than the taxi line. Assuming they drive through a valet area.

3. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I was there in September, there were signs (at MGM properties) where Uber & Lift picked up.

4. mganut

mganut Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Glad to hear of your great experience with Lyft. I will probably try both them and Uber this coming week. Soooo tired of dirty cabs and miserable drivers.

5. wigwam_salesman

wigwam_salesman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Any first time uber users should easily be able to find a 20 or 30 dollar promo code online.

6. mganut

mganut Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How long does it take to walk to the Lyft pickup area from baggage claim?

Is it on the same level and does the driver load and unload your bags for you?
    Thanks!

7. JJLV

JJLV High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Took about 2, maybe 3 minutes tops to get to pick up zone. Very clearly marked. It is up a level in the parking garage. (Elevator) We waited to set ride till we actually got to the pick up spot being new. Saw many drivers waiting for their rides. I figured those rides called before luggage arrived or such. Our ride was there in 4 minutes after call. I timed. Both coming and going loaded our bags. Both very nice guys. I was texted a photo of driver with name, vehicle color make and model, and plate number. So easy peasy. They also both called me immediately right after I got text to say on way and apx arrival time. I was a bit apprehensive but can say I will use every time now. My very bajiggity hubby was super impressed. He commented when we got to LAS when leaving we would probably still be in cab line. And yes, we were dropped right by southwest check in. Perfect. Look for coupons. I found this pack of 10 - $5 off rides in a search. I have 8 left. Good deal and don't expire.

Copy from Lyft
    "GETTING PICKED UP...

Once you grab your baggage, head over to the parking garages across from your terminal. Look for your driver on the left side, waiting in the designated Lyft section. If you have any trouble locating your driver, give them a call to get their exact location.

GETTING DROPPED OFF...

Verify your location and request a ride. On the way, just let your driver know which airline you’re flying, and they will take you straight there."

8. JJLV

JJLV High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We saw designated signs at all properties we visited including CETs. They tend to be just past Vallet areas. Bellagio even had a Bellagio employee monitoring and coordinating. I imagine it could get quite crazy. One driver was yelling out his window someones name. I bet some riders book but don't take or book well before at pick up site. As I mentioned it was also getting quite busy with CES. Still slick, fast and smooth for us for sure.

9. JJLV

JJLV High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry adding another post. I tried to edit. Pretty new at using this forum.

Wanted to add at LAS look for signs that say ride share. I did not see any that said uber or lyft ... just big signs that said "ride share" At first I was looking for Uber/ lyft and told hubby to as well. All the sudden dawned on me... oh ride share. Thats Uber and lyft. Why I wanted to share. Also the vehicles have stickers in the windows with Uber and or Lyft logos. Seems some drive for both.

10. nhcris

nhcris VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am a big fan of Uber, and was surprised to find that most of the drivers I had were also driving for Lyft. So I plan to use them next time for comparison sake and to take advantage of the promo if it still exists.

The only thing to be careful of, is checking to find out where the pickup is at the different hotels. At Caesar's it was at the Colosseum valet I believe, which is not what I expected. One of my drivers mentioned a couple other places that they might not be where you would think, but I forget which places. Take the time to check ahead, especially if you are schlepping luggage.

11. mganut

mganut Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks so much for the detailed response! I will definitely try them this weekend.

12. Shaunny11

Shaunny11 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does anyone know if there is a separate pick up for those flying into Term 3?

13. cjohnson202

cjohnson202 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anyone know if Lyft or Uber has options for a larger group? There will be four of us + luggage. I'm assuming my best bet for this is a van cab, but I'd rather take something else. I'm thinking it's a long shot though

14. nhcris

nhcris VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    UberX - Seats 4 riders. Drivers use everyday cars that are 2000 or newer. Least expensive option

UberXL - Seats at least 6 passengers. An UberXL car will be an SUV or a Minivan. Higher fare price than UberX

I wouldn't think the UberX cars would have room for 4 people plus luggage, but the XL should work.

15. wigwam_salesman

wigwam_salesman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As a rule of thumb, if it fits in a normal taxi it will fit in an uberX.

16. cjohnson202

cjohnson202 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Uber XL should work fine. I'll keep that in mind

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.