1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

lets' talk chocolate - best desserts on south strip?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by chantellevegas, Jan 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chantellevegas

chantellevegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love me some chocolate. Bakeries suck at home and we are lacking in everything except cupcakes.

My favorite place for dessert is the Cheesecake Factory (not avail in Canada... boo.)

There's also a great chocolate cake at Carnegie's Deli, besides PH's 12 layer cake, what south strip hotels have decadent, rich, chocolate cakes or things along those lines? I hope there's something in walking distance.

2. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Chantelle, I guess it depends on your definition of South strip, but if Aria is in your range, check out the Jean Philiipe. Excellent chocolate, cakes, and other desserts

I Need Spa
  3. kboltwkreations

kboltwkreations Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Also at Aria, Red Velvet pancakes from room service or the cafe are right on the money.

4. chantellevegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will make a point of visiting Aria then. Thanks to the trams! thanks guys

5. Porkchop

Porkchop Low-Roller

Are you open to chocolate in liquid form? :drooling: NYNY has the Chocolate Bar - all kinds of drinks based on cocoa, candy and confectionery. Too sweet for my taste, but it might make an interesting stop after you've satiated yourself on actual cake elsewhere.

6. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Check out the dessert menu at Serendipity (Caesars). The presentation is incredible - the kind of desserts where everyone at the table says "Wow!" when it's put in front of them.

Bill

7. chantellevegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That place has a very overpriced sundae way too rich for my taste and budget. lol. Cheesecake is also in Caesars so I know that's my fall back plan, it's just far from MGM.

I am not opposed to chocolate in liquid form. I was at Hershey World last year and didn't see much that I can't get at home but maybe they've expanded since then. MGM must have somewhere that has good desserts... the place is huge, I'll be really annoyed if they don't.

8. kboltwkreations

kboltwkreations Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    MGM has a little cupcake store off the elevators for something quick, and their bigger cupcake store is towards the spa/pool.

9. iluv2fish

iluv2fish Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Try the sticky toffee pudding at one of Gordon Ramsey's restaurants. You don't have to eat dinner there; just sit at the bar and order dessert. It was amazingly good and very rich. I couldn't eat the whole thing by myself.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.