1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Plaza offer March & April

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Joe, Dec 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I received a Plaza mailer today for 3 nights in a mini suite and $45 in FP or $50 in promo chips. The offer can be used multiple times during that time period. The offer states the room will be comped if my play equals my previous stay.

Not knowing what my previous play total was, I called. After a lot of button pushing, I was told I have been moved up from level "K" to level "I". I have no clue what that means.

My previous stay had a daily Theo of $200-$300. I asked what that equated to for coin-in on VP and was told $4,000-$5,000 per day. I've never really paid attention to Theo, I'm just posting in case the info helps somebody.

If I was staying there, no problem hitting that in a morning. But, if I was booking for one of my brothers, then it requires too much daily effort and lowers my machine time at MSS.

2. Royal Flusher

Royal Flusher Savvy Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congratulations on making level "K". (Take the promo chips.)

If I got that offer, I'd book it.

(paging Dr. Yolla...)

3. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Flusher, you actually understand their tier system?

4. RC

RC Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Joe -- Sounds like you need to talk to the lady host who posts on here from Plaza ...

5. Royal Flusher

Royal Flusher Savvy Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not really. I got matched to Ace level though, but I still don't get any good offers.

6. LoveDowntownVegas

LoveDowntownVegas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Joe - nice offer. I have a daily $25 promo chip offer and I'm looking forward to putting it to use!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2015
  7. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $5000 coin-in on VP isn't much at all. theo=$5000x1%=$50, comp=$50/3=$17.
    That's barely enough to cover the resort fees.
    I would think it is a decent offer.

8. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED Money’s on the way, with CashNetUSA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry, I have to interject with some reality here...
    Whoever you were speaking to SERIOUSLY mislead you...
    There's no way in BLOODY BLUE HELL they are assigning 6% theo to video poker (even for their shitty games!)
    From a forum member, Aaisack, when he stayed there, he did around $10k coin in per day on the "good" video poker, and basically earned a NEGATIVE theo (I think they said his theo was $50 per day)
    Being GENEROUS, I'd estimate if you skipped the "good" video poker, they'd give you a theo of 3%, which would take $10k per day to earn that $300 theo...
    And if you're playing $10k per day on 98% payback video poker...why are you downtown?? The strip will give you some good mail...

9. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey, as I stated, I've never paid attention to theo. I go to Boyd, MSS and get our RFB and don't think about it. But, I am always looking for comped rooms for family members. You experts can debate theo all you want, I am just telling you what a person in Player's Service told me.

Correct or not, I have no clue. While I was in there, I only played 9/6 ddb bartop at Omaha Bar.

10. TIMSPEED

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And I know you don't play that fast Joe...how many hours/days did you play? (Dollars I assume?)

11. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, dollars and my wife quarters on the same card. It was back in Feb, so I have to kinda guess. Maybe 5-6 hrs per day for a 4 night stay.

It was kind of nice, we never stepped foot in downtown Boyd and didn't feel under any obligation to give them $. We wandered around Fremont, checked out and played a bit at every place, except GN. I hate that place.

We took the WAX there and Curtis arranged a Escalade ride back to the airport.

Flipside, it's hard to pass up the MSS limo, suite & Gold Card. But, every once in a while change is needed.

But, I would do it again for a change of pace. Looking forward to seeing what they do with the pool area. Granted, I'll look like a beached whale at the pool, but I'd like a little sun in March and April while we probably still have snow on the ground.

12. TIMSPEED

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So what kind of comps did you get while you were on property, Joe?

I'd estimate you gave them $10k per day (500 hands of $ play; that's an average estimate between both of you)
    Just FWIW, If you'd of rolled that same $50k coin-in, into 2 days at CET, you could have gotten Diamond that quick, and some badass offers.

13. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe, but then I would have to stay on the Strip. We choose downtown.
    The mini-suite for 4 nights. $100 in freeplay. Curtis comped our dinner at Oscar's and arranged a ride back to the airport. That was the only dining we did on the premises. Not a fan of HHAGG.

14. Grid

Grid Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Amen to this! I'm Diamond with CET & Platinum with MGM. I have great offers on the strip but I have tried the Plaza twice and both times I was horribly disappointed with my bounce back offers. Same as you I matched up to Ace the 1st time I stayed there. Played OK I would assume by Plaza standards at least. All slots. My bounce back was like 10% of what I get on the strip. Add in my host left them and went to The STRAT so I didn't go back for 2 years.

I got a new host, Curt, earlier in the year who was great. He inherited me as a player and asked why I hadn't been back. I told him I cant stay at the Plaza for $40 in free play when I have $400 waiting for me at Treasure Island. He matched my offer, got me back in the door, and promptly quit the following week. My offers are now like $10 BTW. They keep loring in decent players with their match offers and bumbling it from there.

I've posted this before and people called me crazy! I guess its not cool to say HHAGG isnt all that great. but it really isnt. I tried them 3 times since people in my group always say they heard it was great. I always tell them its OK at best but I still went back. Big waffles/pancakes sure. But very bland. Everything I have ever tried there was bland. Its not bad but I'm not a fan either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.