1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Positive uber experience - airport to mirage

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Scottndindy, Dec 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scottndindy

Scottndindy High-Roller

Took uber last night from McCarran to mirage. The total came to 14.12. This is by far the cheapest I have gotten from the airport to the strip. Pickup was super easy. I went to level 2m in the garage and my driver was a few minutes away. Next time I will request the driver prior to getting to garage so I will have no wait.

2. lemoncakegirl83

lemoncakegirl83 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's great! I am looking forward to using Uber/ Lyft when I'm in Vegas next month.

3. God-Speed

God-Speed "Live Life, Live It!"

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are thinking of doing this next month!!!:thumbsup:

4. pleasemum

pleasemum High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Went from Aria to Airport yesterday using Uber for the first time - went well - cost was $13 which included a $2.45 airport surcharge.

5. firemanpete3

firemanpete3 Low-Roller

PH to fremont street was 13 bucks last week.

6. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There shouldn't be an airport surcharge if you're going to the airport unless that's something Uber is imposing on its own; taxis only have an airport surcharge on pickups on airport propoerty. And that's honestly just about what I've always paid to get to McCarran from Aria when getting a cab at the regular line.

7. joaks

joaks desert tortoise

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Airport to The Cromwell tonight. $12.60 and I tipped. Wife liked it much better than a cab. The 2m floor can be a slight puzzle to figure out if you've never gone past the taxi/bus line before.

Uber said 9 mins when I used it getting off the tram. The dude called me in 20 seconds and I'm sure he waited about 5 mins before we made it across and up to 2m, but he waited and never complained.

We would do it again for sure.

8. pleasemum

pleasemum High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Airport surcharge is probably something that Uber is imposing. I have always paid more from Aria to the airport - closer to $20. Even putting the cost aside, it was still a better experience than a taxi. Last trip to airport in a taxi, the driver long hauled us and when we called him on it, he stopped the mileage on the meter - the meter kept going but at a slower rate. It was a strange experience - we didn't want to argue so accepted his resolution.

9. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Long-hauled to the airport? Jeez, that's some bad luck right there. In my younger days I got taken to the tunnel from the airport once or twice, before I got better at Vegas and started specifying my route, but I've stayed at Aria nine times in the last two-ish years and never got taken anything except Strip-Tropicana-Paradise, and have never given directions.

10. AceRothstein80

AceRothstein80 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does anyone know what an Uber trip from airport to a downtown hotel is?

and what downtown to say, center strip(Harrahs area) would be?

I am kicking the tires on staying downtown for the first time(maybe for half my trip), and was just curious what it would cost me to get back n forth

11. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I came across this website yesterday... http://uberestimate.com Based off of some people's posts on here it seems to be fairly accurate.

12. wigwam_salesman

wigwam_salesman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Was just going to post that. I use it all the time and it's pretty much on the money. Unless there is surge pricing.

13. h0und10

h0und10 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pretty sure your first uber ride is always free.. at least it was for me, maybe they are not doing that promotion anymore?

14. AceRothstein80

AceRothstein80 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    awesome, thank you

15. Tnev83

Tnev83 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is awesome to know. We will definitely be using Uber for our trip in March

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.