1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

kitson at the linq is closing bye bye 50% off

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by paperposter, Dec 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    there have a 50% off sale off the 200% over priced crap,,another failure at the Linq , tons of problems going on over there:nworthy:

notsure were this belongs so move it if u want

2. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Too bad. I always like that store. Any word on when they are closing?

I Need Spa
  3. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    nope but i would assum by the end of the year, they have people standing on flaming and decatour with big signs and i noticed when i went b bowl 2 weeks ago there were closong and everything was 50% off.
    its a full liquidation i think fixtures and all.

everthing in there is bombing

i bet b bowl is gone when lease is up in 3 years

they cant get foot traffic down there especial 4 months a year when its cold out. when its warm its great but they were over priced every were.

4. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I dont see it as failing. They need to open with a mix of businesses so i am sure they cut them a break on the rent. Imagine if they opened the area and only half the stores were open? That would not look good.

Coiud very well be they had a short contract so they could at least open for a time until the linq got up and running, knowing they were closing after a certain period.

They will have another business in there in short order, possible was a part of the plan all along.

5. jbpiv01

jbpiv01 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think In n Out is opening on lower floor of Brooklyn Bowl.

6. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, every time I go to Linq, it is pretty busy. Granted, I have probably only been over there a half dozen times, but there have been crowds each time.

I Need Spa
  7. Fligster

Fligster VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  8. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    not true

i know alot of the owners who oppened i there. a bunch of places have failed, the food court, kitson,, the blvd cocktail, and there a a few doing realy bad , except for sprinkles and the icream shop most are struggling and yes they signed long term leases and had to pay build out costs.theres not many places open in there, the mexican places is now a dance club at 10 pm a nite to try get people in.

nothing can oppen under brooklyn bown they have there box office there and sprinkles. infact b bowl was supposed to open up some more inside but never did a tattoo shop

9. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I Need Spa
  10. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Build out costs are typically rebated as reduced rent in long term leases, so construction costs aren't an issue for these types of shops. Not having customers, that's an issue!

I Need Spa
  11. mrem3200

mrem3200 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Exactly, if the landlord pays for the build out the rent is higher, if the tenant does then it is lower. My company just signed a lease for new space. I told someone that the LL was giving us $1.2 m (small company only 24k sq. feet of space) for the reno and they said "Wow that's really nice of them". No not really, if they didn't pay for it then our rent would only be $42/ft. instead of $48. The overall economics are no different, just the cash flow.

12. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You're right. The hype about the stores on the Linq promenade failing in general is a knee-jerk reaction. We saw the same over-reaction from critics when the first stores closed at Container Park.

Kitson is closing over a dozen retail stores. This isn't just about operations at The Linq.

Retail is a tough business. As a rule of thumb, about 1/4 of the shops will fail within the first year or two of operation. About 1/2 will typically be gone by 5 years. It's a natural part of the competitive process.

Bill

13. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    so far 3 are closed and i know one that cant closed till its lease is up then its gone.

its bad over there , rember there arent many stores to begin with and alot changed there concept when they got no customers

14. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hopefully just growing pains, not every business is going to be an immediate fit. I ate at the Mexican restaurant and it was the worst meal I have ever had in LV. The service sucked too. I love the concept, its really nice to enjoy some outdoor space while in the man-made paradise that is LV.

I really love the BB, had a great time at a concert there. It seemed like the businesses came together quickly, maybe now that there is more of a realistic view of the project the right businesses will find their way.

I would love to see an Italian style coffee shop with some outdoor seating.

15. mrem3200

mrem3200 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Interesting comments, I agree with 2/3. I like the concept and it could work it just doesn't seem to be working. A lot of people go there but don't really spend much time there (at least I don't). The wheel is a huge bust, I had extra tickets the last time I was there that I was trying to give away and I think I spent 20 minutes before I found someone to take them. I ate at the Mexican place and really liked the food but, as was your case, the service was abysmal.

16. earth-3

earth-3 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I could see the wheel operating with limited hours, even if Las Vegas is a 24 hour destination. They need to stop the negative cash flow or one day it could be closed permanently.

17. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    there going more with outside slushie patio drinks just oppend , more stuff like that,

the reasturants arent making it and b bowl is a disaster it sells no tickets to over 98 % of there concerts, most shows you get in free

18. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Brooklyn Bowl wants $22 for a martini in a plastic martini glass in their little restaurant with no show or any entertainment. That's more than any other place in Vegas that I've been to by far. Plus they gave me a hard time about bringing in an empty slushie cup. That's a place I'll never visit again.

The stores sell some cool stuff but it's overpriced and people only have so much room in their luggage. So, it's not only do I want to play for this item but also, do I want to lug it home with me?

19. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    brooklyn bowl wont even let you bring a water bottle in empty or full into there resturant, yes there doing very bad but there stuck there for a few more years. they have tons of money to burn.

20. zenvegas

zenvegas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I really like that store. Some of the stuff was expensive, but it did have a mix of merch that you couldn't find elsewhere. Quite often I'd find gifts there for my wife and kids.

I need a vacation from my vacations
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.